KSP Loading... Preview: Jool revamp

St4rdust

Looks great, but so far we have all the bodies revamped except Eeloo and the moons of Jool. Will there be any other revamps in this update? It would be really cool to have all the bodies revamped by the end of this update.

5 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Now I just want to know how it looks like up close. Like, really, really close. Like, "I'm going for fiery death" kind of close.

First thing to do in 1.10!

13 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Now I just want to know how it looks like up close. Like, really, really close. Like, "I'm going for fiery death" kind of close.

I may just try to study those clouds from underneath. It should be safer than studying sunspots from below....

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I may just try to study those clouds from underneath. It should be safer than studying sunspots from below....

ooooo

the Jool Exploration Society

exploring Jool since never

9 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

First thing to do in 1.10!

<danny2462 intensifies>
he‘ll find all the bugs.

16 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Looks great, but so far we have all the bodies revamped except Eeloo and the moons of Jool. Will there be any other revamps in this update? It would be really cool to have all the bodies revamped by the end of this update.

W3 WANT LAYTHE

so Matt can finally finish Life on Laythe

13 hours ago, theJesuit said:

20 days to go everyone.

yesyebsyesyesyesyeysyseyesyyehsehssysyesyssysehsyssywyssyeyssyeusyeyzeyeysysuwyeysyesyeysyeuwysjwyeayesysyeas

On 6/8/2020 at 7:27 PM, RyanRising said:

This does look pretty! Moving clouds are awesome and it would be great if they were on terrestrial planets too

*cough cough*
*cough cough*
*heeeave cough*
*cough cough*
Whoops sorry, must have something in my throat. I’ll go wash my hands.

*cough*

On 6/8/2020 at 5:04 PM, Poodmund said:

Looking pretty nice! The effect is... well, effective! :D 

Is there any information that can be divulged as to how this warping animation is being done on a technical level? It looks like some features are being repeated around the longitude of the body; are there specific warp paths repeating through 90 degrees or something of the like?

lC7tqPp.png

oh, the modders

Would it be possible for the Jool clouds to get some depth?

I mean, the new look way is way better than the legacy immobile green but a bit of shadow/height on the cloud features would really give it something extra

On 6/9/2020 at 7:31 PM, KerikBalm said:

I am guessing that all the bodies will eventually get a revamp.  These things take time.

I like how whenever they took a shot of Jool from a moon, most of the moons were in darkness, like they were trying to hide something about the surfaces of the moons (not that I'm saying they're already upgraded too, you can clearly see they're not, but it's funny to me nonetheless).

Also, in the last shot from Vall, does Jool seem more oblate than usual? Or is it just me?

Edited by Yellowburn10

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.