Developer Insights #6 – Kerbals, The First New Look

Zimm

It's really nice that the KSP2 devs are willing to go into these small details for us.

Also, congratulations for becoming a licensed kerbothropologist, they say it's a very prestigous field.

Edited by DunaManiac

you guys did great. I am glad that developers are sharing some beans while not spoiling the whole game.

"Luckily, I love my job, and lucky for you, there should be a new video coming out that will further sate your curiosity."

Oh wow!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Also question on this and panic stages:

Kerbals-chart.jpg

Does the amount of fear or consciousness affect the ability to control the craft?

Let's face it: if someone threw me out an airlock with no tether and no thrusters of any kind (not even a fire extinguisher!), I'd be flailing around in a blind panic too...

spacescream_banner2.gif

And everyone knows 'frantically bashing every button in sight' is the correct way of flying stupendously expensive spaceships-  just ask any KSP player!

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

13 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Let's face it: if someone threw me out an airlock with no tether and no thrusters of any kind (not even a fire extinguisher!), I'd be flailing around in a blind panic too...

spacescream_banner2.gif

Jeb was not the impostor

1 impostor remains.

Certificate.jpg

This made me think though. Look at the date, 18th October December 2017, means it's been a while since the certificate was given.

And No.0002 suggests that there was 0001 for someone.

Edited by The Aziz
What month is it

On 10/9/2020 at 7:48 PM, Zimm said:

https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/dev-diaries/developer-insights-6-kerbals-the-first-new-look/

Hope you guys like it. :)

-Paul Zimmer
(The 3D Animator & Content Engineer)

I'm glad we have at least one Zimmer working on the game. If only there was another one named Hans...
interstellar noises

7 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Jeb was not the impostor

1 impostor remains.

That's clearly not Jeb doe. Might be Val, might be any other female kerbal.

Edit:
my 69th post. nice.

Edited by Acid_Burn9
nice.

6 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Certificate.jpg

This made me think though. Look at the date, 18th October 2017, means it's been a while since the certificate was given.

And No.0002 suggests that there was 0001 for someone.

I'm glad someone noticed some of those details :) but it says December, not October.

10 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Oh, right, yeah my mistake totally not because it's October now

I also wonder about these signatures, they can't be just from random people, but I can't decipher them

All I can see are what’s printed underneath them- ‘Chancellor’, ‘Board Member’, ‘Table’ and ‘That Other Important Guy’.

There’s also some writing on the seal, but I can’t read it because it becomes too pixelated if I zoom in that far.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:06 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

spacescream_banner2.gif

And everyone knows 'frantically bashing every button in sight' is the correct way of flying stupendously expensive spaceships-  just ask any KSP player!

Even with all those advantages a good percentage of my spacewalks still end in what should be panic. (In the immortal words of Jimi  - Excuse me as a kiss the sky)

Good to see it will now be an option.