Lets chat about new parts, new planets, and new fechures, and multilplyer!

Sky Kerman

14 minutes ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

30m cylinder tanks would be kinda crazy, if there will be tanks that size, they would likely be spherical.

but bigger parts than ksp1 will be awesome

If you find the Jool colony pictures. The massive ship that's docked, by my estimate, the largest spherical tanks are 60 to 80 meters in diameter.

As for the cylinder shaped tanks, the Orion drive is ~20 meters in diameter. So I would think that up to 15-20 meters in diameter would be likely.

I want large, structural hull shells that cancel out the aero effects of props inside of them- essentially very strong, rigid, permanent fairings. Imagine the 3.5 meter tanks, but as an empty shell for you to build in? If we were to get massive (5+ meter) rocket parts, you could even build a whole interior for your rocket! You could do a true mothership build, or a space battleship, or just a really detailed space station.

On 1/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, Sky Kerman said:

Hey guys when ksp 2 comes out im gonna host a multiplayer sever!

I kind of want to foot the bill for an unlimited internet plan and start running a 24/7 persistent anarchy server. Imagine how much fun it would be to have absolutely no limits but the your creativity and the foulness of the other players!

9 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Imagine how much fun it would be to have absolutely no limits but the your creativity and the foulness of the other players!

To each their own but I don’t care for griefing.

Dont think I will ever touch multiplayer. Possible exception might be when I meet and click with another KSP lover. Friendly colabs might be fun indeed. I have no desire to play with strangers and all that. Matter of fact my gaming rig is not even connected to the internet anymore.

On 1/27/2021 at 12:04 PM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

30m cylinder tanks would be kinda crazy, if there will be tanks that size, they would likely be spherical.

Having 2 30m wide spherical tanks has a higher surface area to volume ratio than having a single 30m wide by 60m long cylindrical tank and higher surface area to volume leads to worse thermal problems.

Edited by mcwaffles2003

Ok, so I feel like KSP2 anarchy server should have 2 rules, one, no exessive debris(dont intentionally cause kestler syndrome, not a needed rule, just have game delete debris if there more than 1000 pieces of it) Rule number 2, no modded parts, and no vessel over 1000 parts(to prevent people with extremely powerful gaming rigs just crashing the game of ppl with less powerful PCs)

On 2/4/2021 at 7:25 PM, kspnerd122 said:

no vessel over 1000 parts

Nate & co have said that KSP2 will have a physics LoD system, which means vessels should scale up pretty much indefinitely.

You kind of have to have that to build the interstellar monstrosities they've been showing off. I.e. 1000-part-plus vessels should be no problem.

On 2/10/2021 at 1:29 AM, kspnerd122 said:

Ok, fine, but still, I feel like any ksp2 server should have a rule preventing others from intentionally lagging out players with worse PCs.

How do you determine 'intentional' as opposed to 'didn't realise, sorry'?  Rules like this need definitive, enforcible limits.

On 1/30/2021 at 12:18 AM, Kernel Kraken said:

I want large, structural hull shells that cancel out the aero effects of props inside of them- essentially very strong, rigid, permanent fairings. Imagine the 3.5 meter tanks, but as an empty shell for you to build in? If we were to get massive (5+ meter) rocket parts, you could even build a whole interior for your rocket! You could do a true mothership build, or a space battleship, or just a really detailed space station.

Disable fairing staging

I'm more concerned about the planets and moons than I am about parts and part limits. KSP 1 has celestial bodies that look cool from space but are extremely boring on the surface. With KSP 2, I hope the landscapes are much more complex and interesting (thinking along the lines of No Man's Sky). 

On 1/29/2021 at 6:18 PM, Kernel Kraken said:

Someone will make one of those space cruise ships just as a joke.