It would be cool to have some different kerbal surnames, like for example: Kermanly (notable kerbals: Scott Kermanly: head of the university of Kerbin), Kerbstein (notable kerbals: Alberto Kerbstein, discovered relativity, by going on a interstellar voyage, and invented the torch drive.), Kerolev (Kergei Kerolev: director of booster separation technology), and Von Kerman (that should be pretty obvious). It's a small change, but it could add a lot to ksp2 in my opinion. :D

5 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

But all the Kerbals having the same surname is important!

Well at least all those born on Kerbin.

Maybe those born elsewhere could have could be mash up of body name and first Kerman to set foot on the body Mundrin or Valinduna for instance.

I've got a list:

Kerman

Kervin

Kelven

Karmen

Kelon

Kesos

Kempson

Kelange

Keintein

Kewton

Kanley

Kowne

Keyes

Kright

Koddard

Konson

Korden

Kolbert

Karmstrong

Kallon

Keckson

Kell

Krell

Krodgers

Kiewalker

Krissom

Kyoung

Kride

Keerhart

Klenn

Ketrov

Kerolev

Kristance

Klaus

I like that all the surnames are the same. It keeps it fun and also means you have no idea what anyone's relationship is to anyone else.  While Kerbals may look and act a lot like humans, I like the fact they are not, and some of those social structures are not there. 

On 9/1/2021 at 10:55 AM, Kerb24 said:

But all the Kerbals having the same surname is important!

To whom?

I mean, OK, obviously to you. But not to me.

When my XCOM soldiers end up having the same last names I like to pretend they are married, and sometimes put them on the same missions because of that.

Edited by mikegarrison

On 9/2/2021 at 9:11 PM, Klapaucius said:

While Kerbals may look and act a lot like humans, I like the fact they are not, and some of those social structures are not there. 

Clearly they are -and besides, I want to keep track of which Kerbals came from whom. Besides, everyone just being named 'Kerman' is completely boring and is a dumb gag in the context of the game's humor.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:27 AM, mikegarrison said:

To whom?

I mean, OK, obviously to you. But not to me.

When my XCOM soldiers end up having the same last names I like to pretend they are married, and sometimes put them on the same missions because of that.

You send them both to die, what about the kids?

• 2 weeks later...

Given in the dev diary on Kerbals, that says “despite all having the same last name” I think this is, initially, unlikely to happen. I do like the idea though. I believe this might happen later in development. Although, there is the likelihood that it will not happen at all.
Bold for emphasis, not from original text.

Edited by Admiral Fluffy
Added stuff

On 9/25/2021 at 11:46 PM, Admiral Fluffy said:

Given in the dev diary on Kerbals, that says “despite all having the same last name” I think this is, initially, unlikely to happen. I do like the idea though. I believe this might happen later in development. Although, there is the likelihood that it will not happen at all.
Bold for emphasis, not from original text.

I had missed that, thanks!