[WIP] O.R.A.N.G.E.S - Stockalike Shuttle-Derived Launch Vehicles! (v1.0.0-beta-2 6/Feb/2023)

EStreetRockets

5 hours ago, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

X8Huy85.jpg?1

Could this be possible with the new Shuttle-C update? Also, I have no idea what this model is based on. The only thing I know is that this is from a German book from 1979.

What the Kraken is this SDLV?! It even has sn S-IVB on top of the Shuttle-C!

5 hours ago, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

X8Huy85.jpg?1

Could this be possible with the new Shuttle-C update? Also, I have no idea what this model is based on. The only thing I know is that this is from a German book from 1979.

That looks like someone took some models and made a seriously wacky and fun Kitbash.   I count 4 TX-116 SRBs,   A Shuttle Fuel tank,  Saturn IVB stage and a Tug with 2x AJ10-137s and 3x RS25....

What a monster :D

16 hours ago, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

X8Huy85.jpg?1

Nope, too much for my blood. I'm out.

I'm gonna save it for later...

On 4/22/2023 at 2:55 PM, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

X8Huy85.jpg?1

I am not sure which version came first, but I had this book as a kid and I grew up in Michigan. The book was in english. I do not remember the title, but I certainly remember this SDLV picture. It fascinated me. There is most likely a copy available somewhere on the internet. 

On 4/22/2023 at 2:55 PM, AZZlyTheAZZome said:

X8Huy85.jpg?1

I just want y'all to know you guys are enablers.
dfvaexf-6d3b5c44-f52f-4ee3-be05-526a4274
dfvaex9-7c041557-4f67-4afe-8660-63ef4dfe
dfvaex4-bf0e26d2-d6b3-4e40-9ef7-57fad9da

Edited by Blufor878

Hey just a quick question to the External Tank for the Shuttle. The thing is that my External Tank (the orange big tank), is to small for my shuttle even though i use the Shuttle orbital construction kit. How can i make the external tank bigger? Or did i forgot a mod idk? someone help ._. Maybe i did something wrong ._.

Thank you for the answers.

Edited by XxUnstableStarxX

2 hours ago, XxUnstableStarxX said:

Hey just a quick question to the External Tank for the Shuttle. The thing is that my External Tank (the orange big tank), is to small for my shuttle even though i use the Shuttle orbital construction kit. How can i make the external tank bigger? Or did i forgot a mod idk? someone help ._. Maybe i did something wrong ._.

Thank you for the answers.

What do you mean with "too small"? Diameter or lenght? The diameter is correct for SOCK and the same as Benjees reDirect-External Tank.
And the lenght: you can choose the lenght by B9 part switch (two lenghts, default one and long). But as far as I know the default lenght is the right lenght for SOCK-Shuttle.

15 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

What do you mean with "too small"? Diameter or lenght? The diameter is correct for SOCK and the same as Benjees reDirect-External Tank.
And the lenght: you can choose the lenght by B9 part switch (two lenghts, default one and long). But as far as I know the default lenght is the right lenght for SOCK-Shuttle.

well like the space shuttle is twice as big than the external tank you know what i mean?

2 minutes ago, XxUnstableStarxX said:

well like the space shuttle is twice as big than the external tank you know what i mean?

Which tanks are you using? Because I get the feeling you're using the NLS-3 tanks, which are 3.75m. The ET should be 5m.

35 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Personally, no. Can you show a picture? Here's what it looks like for me in the VAB:

Reveal hidden contents

S9zSeVV.png

Now the thing is i want to launch KSP and it keeps crashing on startup. I just want to make a screenshot man :wacko:

@OrbitalManeuvers @Blufor878 finally i got the screenshot in my game it looks like this. Idk what im doing wrong.

P.S. i just noticed i wrote Endeavour wrong oops

lij5AQC.png

On 5/2/2023 at 1:48 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Personally, no. Can you show a picture? Here's what it looks like for me in the VAB:

Reveal hidden contents

S9zSeVV.png

On 5/2/2023 at 1:05 PM, Blufor878 said:

Which tanks are you using? Because I get the feeling you're using the NLS-3 tanks, which are 3.75m. The ET should be 5m.

1 minute ago, XxUnstableStarxX said:

@OrbitalManeuvers @Blufor878 finally i got the screenshot in my game it looks like this. Idk what im doing wrong.

P.S. i just noticed i wrote Endeavour wrong oops

lij5AQC.png

There is ya Screenshot

1 hour ago, XxUnstableStarxX said:

finally i got the screenshot in my game it looks like this.

You've got something in your install that isn't coming through in a picture. Can you upload your ksp.log file to Google drive or somewhere and give a link. Maybe someone else has a better idea ...

I gotta say that the first thing that jumped out at me was that the shuttle itself looks 10x bigger in your VAB than it does in mine.

10 minutes ago, XxUnstableStarxX said:

RO is the problem. Realism Overhaul has configs for SOCK. But not for O.R.A.N.G.E.S. So SOCK is beeing rescaled while O.R.A.N.G.E.S not. It is not compatible with RO yet.
Also: you have two ModuleManager.

Edited by Cheesecake

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

RO is the problem. Realism Overhaul has configs for SOCK. But not for O.R.A.N.G.E.S. So SOCK is beeing rescaled while O.R.A.N.G.E.S not. It is not compatible with RO yet.
Also: you have two ModuleManager.

Soooo should i just remove Realism Overhaul? ;-;

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

all the above ^^ and also, I gotta think that BoulderCo conflicts with RSS somehow

idk RSS is working for me just fine :D

2 hours ago, Ultim32 said:

@EStreetRockets, would the Jupiter launch vehicles fit in with this mod?

Don't want to jump over anyone's head. I imagine you could, but the engine housing wouldn't be quite right, as they're meant to reflect the NLS engine housing. It's an older mod, but I think redirect may be more up your alley. Failing that you can also use the 5m Restock tanks, switch them to the orange appearance, and work from there. On that note Near Future Launch Vehicles is also pretty useful. It provides a bunch of 5m parts including engine mounts.