KSP2 Insiders - Preview event hosted by ESA

Vl3d

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

You put Aziz's quote as mine. :D

my bad

3 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

I wouldn't say this is some sort of confirmation the game is gonna be hard on PC's but not a good sign considering they described "high power" as "necessary". If that's the case looks like I'm gonna be met with an exploded PC on launch day. Then again it also mentioned "top performance" at one point so maybe my potato will only cook a little :sticktongue:

Marketing BS, High profile event, of course they rolled out the top sku. And the RGB makes it go faster.

22 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Can't wait to see someone explain how a main menu of all things is a spoiler for anything :)

Main menu shows off crafts, crafts that might have parts we might have not seen released to the public yet. 

Edited by GoldForest

3 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Main menu shows off crafts, crafts that might have parts we might have not seen released to the public yet. 

And won't that be nice? I mean, we didn't know anything when the original trailer dropped, so you could class that as a spoiler.

Edited by Bej Kerman
Fixed an especially egregious typo (you could class that as a trailer)

Just now, Bej Kerman said:

And won't that be nice? I mean, we didn't know anything when the original trailer dropped, so you could class that as a trailer.

I mean, I guess you're right? But at the same time, they could show off parts that might be better to be seen in person for the first time. 

Just now, Kerbart said:

Lol, as if it needed confirming there were NDA's in place.

Not really, no, but I'd just thought I'd share since we were talking about NDAs earlier. 

Plus, it kind of gives a timeline on when to expect content. Because now we know they can't share anything instantly. 

Just now, GoldForest said:

I mean, I guess you're right? But at the same time, they could show off parts that might be better to be seen in person for the first time. 

Gameplay footage snippets have been dropped for a while now, so why would we only now start putting stuff in spoilers?

8 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Gameplay footage snippets have been dropped for a while now, so why would we only now start putting stuff in spoilers?

This... is true.... hmmm.

5 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

I guess they'd have given people different bits of the game to focus on as well? Might have a couple of people exploring Kerbin, some people going to Mun, some to Minmus... just to mke the videos a bit different?

It looks like they all have a checklist of stuff they can do. Everyone has a black piece of paper or something with writing on it. Probably tells them what they can and cannot do and in what order they should be done. Or it might just be a list of dos and donts.

Some players really enjoy seeing the Main Menu and hearing the music for the first time when starting the game. It's part of the experience and it's memorable. Put images in Spoiler frames by default so people have a choice.

Just now, The Aziz said:

Yeah you posted the same thing elsewhere.

I'd like to hear moderators stance on official pictures being spoilers or not.

Like I said, seeing the Main Menu for the first time is part of the experience of buying and playing a new game.

Of course official pictures can be spoilers. It's not where the pictures come from that's the issue, it's what's in the pictures.

I, personally, don't think these pictures are spoilers, but I can't speak for everyone. Popping them in spoiler frames isn't hard, and it'll give people a choice of whether or not to see it. It seems like a 'no lose' suggestion?

40 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

Let's not bicker.

Do we think we'll start getting preview videos from Monday? One a day from each person at the event? Or will they have 3 / 4 a day from a week Monday? ....

rvI7yC8.png

They also mentioned news next friday, So I think that the NDA will let CCs give their perspectives on the game in a week, but no direct footage

11 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Like I said, seeing the Main Menu for the first time is part of the experience of buying and playing a new game.

Man, shame on you community managers for not posting the pictures on social media in spoilers, there might be someone who wouldn't like to see them, if only there was another way, like not following said social media until the game arrives.

/s

2 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

rvI7yC8.png

They also mentioned news next friday, So I think that the NDA will let CCs give their perspectives on the game in a week, but no direct footage

I wonder about the wording of this. Does this mean no live streams, or no video at all? If it's no video at all, the 'content' bit can only refer to screenshots? I would have expected there to be videos.

I'm thinking of what happened with the other game I play a fair bit of, Football Manager. Content creators were given early access, and were allowed to make videos, and were given specific instructions on what they could show, and when they could show it.

I guess there's something similar to that in place here.

56 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

I wonder about the wording of this. Does this mean no live streams, or no video at all? If it's no video at all, the 'content' bit can only refer to screenshots? I would have expected there to be videos.

I'm thinking of what happened with the other game I play a fair bit of, Football Manager. Content creators were given early access, and were allowed to make videos, and were given specific instructions on what they could show, and when they could show it.

I guess there's something similar to that in place here.

I would guess it means no live streams, and possibly no creator content videos. I would understand if they would want to be able to show the features they want in the way they want all the way up to release. My guess is that starting next friday creators will be able to talk about what they've seen, share their opinions, but not show video/pictures as that may spoil content in ways that the devs don't have control over

18 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Man, shame on you community managers for not posting the pictures on social media in spoilers, there might be someone who wouldn't like to see them, if only there was another way, like not following said social media until the game arrives.

/s

I guess your sarcasm got that photo deleted from social media. /s