Has anyone found any of KSP 1's easter eggs in KSP 2 yet?

GoldForest

I visited the "normal" mun arch. And I'll visit it again, because it is really really amazing and so beautiful and there's definitely a secret hidden and totally not because the lander is.... a bit low on fuel.

Spoiler

kP5tWO8.jpg

Edited by Snafu225

8 minutes ago, Laxez said:

In ksp 1 the anomalies could be found with appropriate modules. How can this be done in Ksp 2? Should I explore a little at random?

Without kerbnet, the only way to find easter eggs/anomalies is to search around. Look where Easter Eggs/Anomalies used to be is the best bet. Might have to search around the area where they were last known as easter eggs tend to move location a little bit in a sequel. 

3 hours ago, Razor235 said:

Does the desert airfield still exist in 2?   I went searching, but between the nighttime, clouds, and (I assume) pop-in like KSC I didn't find it.

More launch complexes are coming. Nate said in his interview with Matt Lowne that they want to have 4 total/4 more launch complexes to support Multiplayer. 

Besides the Mun Arch, there's anomaly on

Spoiler

Minmus, one on Tylo and one on Duna that nobody has found yet. They are called Monuments in the game files.

Also no so much easter egg, more surface feature

Spoiler

you can get to Vall subsurface ocean  from the crack on the Jool facing side and a Mohole style hole on Gilly.

Oh and in the tracking station window there's a filter that already has "Monument", so at some point we will be able to toggle what we found.

Someone on a Youtube video I saw had something like a "magic boulder" following their ship while in space but they blurred it out as I remember.  Also someone here in the bug report forum has a really weird object that follows their rocket during launch.  I am not sure if these are bugs or not but really mysterious things like this make the game more interesting.  Another weird bug I saw someone have was the "alternate vertical world" bug that is 90 degrees to the actual world and apparently has collidable trees.  *Unsolved Mysteries and/or X-files theme plays*

Checked every celestial body, the only actual easter eggs from the first game are the mun arches and the Mohole (if you consider that an easter egg). Couldn't find anything on any other bodies, not even the ones from the original game. I assume they'll add more stuff later on once other promised content gets added and stuff

I looked at some videos and spent hours scanning practically every surface and found some new things (won't say so I don't spoil)

If you're curious, they were on Duna, Tylo, Minmus, Eve, Vall, Dres, and Bop

On 2/27/2023 at 7:04 AM, CInfDef said:

Checked every celestial body, the only actual easter eggs from the first game are the mun arches and the Mohole (if you consider that an easter egg). Couldn't find anything on any other bodies, not even the ones from the original game. I assume they'll add more stuff later on once other promised content gets added and stuff

I looked at some videos and spent hours scanning practically every surface and found some new things (won't say so I don't spoil)

If you're curious, they were on Duna, Tylo, Minmus, Eve, Vall, Dres, and Bop

When you say the old KSP1 easter eggs are no more, that also means no dead baby Kraken on Bop?

No wonder I couldn't find it after more than an hour searching the area where it originally was...

33 minutes ago, ShadowZone said:

When you say the old KSP1 easter eggs are no more, that also means no dead baby Kraken on Bop?

That would be kind of sad. I hope they add some of the old easter eggs back. They made the game more interesting and gave you more of a purpose to go somewhere. I would not really ever think about going to Bop except to visit the baby kraken. (Sorry Bop fans! :sticktongue:)

Just now, Kerballlistic07 said:

That would be kind of sad. I hope they add some of the old easter eggs back. They made the game more interesting and gave you more of a purpose to go somewhere. I would not really ever think about going to Bop except to visit the baby kraken. (Sorry Bop fans! :sticktongue:)

There are other Easter Eggs. So far I’ve seen one on Mun, one of Minmus, and plan to go find the one reported on Duna after work today. There’s also been one reported on Tylo but I effing HATE building Tylo landers so that will probably be this weekend. 

I expect there are others yet unfounded or to be added as content is added in the coming months. 

20 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

There are other Easter Eggs. So far I’ve seen one on Mun, one of Minmus, and plan to go find the one reported on Duna after work today. There’s also been one reported on Tylo but I effing HATE building Tylo landers so that will probably be this weekend. 

True. I suppose I forget sometimes that it is Early Access and that many features are yet to be added. (I should note that I say these things about KSP2 sometimes without actually having played the game because I don't meet the GPU requirement.)

Edited by Kerballlistic07

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.