What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I recently cleared all my saves and started over for the new update (no more kerbal stranded on Eve, thank god) and just landed on the mun. Might try improving the rocket and setting up a base.

Batteries died, but no problem :) still managed a "Mun flyby" contract with a dead ship. As a bonus, the Mun lowered my kerbin periapsis to reentry, so no dead ship in orbit either!

I found out today that if you want to add more than a couple new Kerbals to your space program (Say, 2 dozen of your YouTube viewers) You need a ridiculous amount of money. Your 25th Kerbal, for instance, costs over 400,000 funds. I think I spent 6-7 million - all told - hiring Kerbals today.

All hacked in, of course. :D

I was never able to get planes working in 0.25 or 0.90.

1.0, I was able to get it flying with only a couple of tests. Now flying halfway around the world (using mechjeb as an autopilot) to take some temperature readings.

As long as it doesn't crash, I'll be ok. It's crashed 2x already during this flight.

So I've been landing every 15 minutes or so and restarting the game.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Got 1.0.2 up and running. Still need to update a few mods that were working in 1.0.0 but are whining in 1.0.2.

Got started with a new career game (my 1.0.0 career game was short to say the least). Did the usual array of early missions for cash and early science. Built "Bob's Wacky Sciencemobile 7" using a quad of Sci Jrs and Goo Pods for a body, a Mk1 Cockpit for a pod, bush-plane tricycle gear for wheels and a pair of Basic Jets attached to FL-T100s for propulsion and drove it around KSC to pick up a fair amount of science, enough to get the Stayputnik and batteries unlocked at least. Last thing I did was launch a Kerbal tour bus - six tourists all on sub-orbital flights plus Jeb as the pilot. Rocket suffered from some floppiness on account of the fact that I didn't have struts just yet, but it worked well enough and made it back safely to Kerbin. I was a bit concerned when the thing nosed down so that the heat shield wasn't protecting any of the pods, but they all survived and the flight ended successfully. Also got Val into orbit.

Today's plan - drive around the Sci-Mobile some more; there's some more KSC biomes I've yet to hit. Try to get struts. Think about heading towards Mun when I get an opportunity.

Today I conducted the arrival procedures for the first three crafts sent to Duna on my hardmode career. Two basic satellites, one for Duna and one for Ike, each with a thermometer and barometer for science contracts, as well as my first vehicle for transportation in the duna system. It's a 3 seater command pod on the poodle engine with enough d/v to get to orbit after landing on duna, orbital rendezvous, as well as touchdowns on Ike.

I have about 6 more craft left in the window that I sent (it was my first window, so I sent as much as I could). There is a station base module and a separate research lab that will meet up in orbit and dock, with the help of an orbital tug also on the way to the red planet.

Lastly, the station will have a fuel module, which is on the way alongside a power array, and a communications array to assist in the long term communications, and long distance solar powering of the station in Duna orbit.

If all goes well, the station should be at about a 300k equatorial orbit around Duna, capable of refueling craft, as well as processing and transmitting science.

The station serves as a beginning phase of harvesting resources from the system, as a resource scanning satellite is also en route and should arrive a short while after the station is complete.

There are about 3 or 4 Kerbals on the way in these crafts to man the station as well, so ideally, the money gained from the Duna system contracts should be enough to purchase the upgrade of the R&D facility, and by the next window for launching to Duna I should be able to send out mining equipment for a self sufficient Duna colony.

@r4pt0r: This makes me a bit concerned about the crew's health... Or, was it even crewed?

no, was a probe. seems that probes dont even need power to complete the flyby contract.

Finally got time to play the released game, so I missed 1.0 and got dropped straight into 1.0.2

Currently derping my way through career mode like a noob, but having fun so far.

I can get to orbit with a small craft, but can't get anything bigger to space. I know why, but I made some uninformed techtree choices that make me unable to fix the problem anytime soon. (got no SAS or RCS, and no control surfaces)

In sandbox mode however, I found that pretty much all my old rockets still work perfectly fine after adding a fairing. Seems like building everything somewhat realistically/aerodynamically in anticipation of the new aero system and assuming fairings were coming eventually paid off.

Haven't tried anything with a LV-N yet, though I suspect I'll need to redesign a lot of my craft.

I celebrated that my old (old as in 0.21 old) career savegame has all the needed mods in good enought status to continue using it as my own sandbox without loosing many ships.

The celebration consisted in doing a new "Apollo" mission, my fifth design for this, named this time as the right Star Trek planet... didn't found Kahn yet though. Had to do some fuel moving by hand, forgot the fuel lines on the Lander, but other than that was good xD

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I was never able to get planes working in 0.25 or 0.90.

1.0, I was able to get it flying with only a couple of tests. Now flying halfway around the world (using mechjeb as an autopilot) to take some temperature readings.

As long as it doesn't crash, I'll be ok. It's crashed 2x already during this flight.

So I've been landing every 15 minutes or so and restarting the game.

Amazing how you can actually fly with the new aero. Actually fly a plane like a plane.

- - - Updated - - -

I tested and confirmed that swiveling nose cones on boosters actually makes them drop away from the stack now :)

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8739/17371125851_02014a0830_b.jpg

Nice!! I noticed if your rocket (no fins) is headed straight down if you aim a little to one side the prograde will follow. Helps a little with zeroing in on that perfect landing spot!

I had a rendez-vous with Vall and met Laythe and Tylo on the way there.

My latest interplanetary rocket, BlackDog IV, leaving the launchpad with Denne and Halfield Kerman on board:

VAJnxlj.png

More than 3 years later and gravity assists from Tylo and Laythe (visible in the picture), Denne has landed on Vall, becoming the first woman walking on another body than Kerbin:

PWvioj8.png

BlackDog IV, ship and lander, orbiting Vall after docking:

zndfRZU.png

And 3 more years later, Kerbin reentry (with 2000 m/s left on the ship):

BWyo3wt.png

Home Sweet Home:

6lmk1Ll.png

Result of the mission: 3619 science points collected and a flag forgotten in the ship...

I'm wasting my hard-earned money from satellite contracts to chase that nasty demon out there at Mach 1. Maybe I should earn a few more science points to get rid of those wheels...

B3EB8739335DE68E895A97F729BF24E2E95E7215

Besides, I tried it with a RT-10, too. Plane flies, doesn't flip, doesn't desintegrate when the booster is started, doesn't get over 330m/s... Maybe I should really invest more science into more aerodynamic parts. Or more boosters. :D

I like to fool around with planes with 1.0.2 now. So much more fun than in 0.90.

Edited by Chruschtschow

It took over 80 years to get there, and almost as many years get back. My FARSCRAPE project to land a kerban on each surface made it to Plock.

Started with that to prove my ship config works.

screenshot290.pngscreenshot284.png