What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Not really much of anything interesting to talk about this past weekend, other that to say that my six year old has decided to give KSP a whirl. I'm sure he'll do fine as soon as he can remember how to steer; at the moment he's a proper Kerbal.

My own self, I was largely doing minor contracts - parts tests, a sat contract or two, and a rescue contract, all while awaiting various crews to make their way out to Minmus. I did decide the time had come for me to get Val and her tourists off the surface of Mun (they've been stranded there for quite some time now), so I designed Hound Dog 7 and shot Bill off that direction with a KIS screwdriver and a couple of KAS connector ports. Going to try piping out the tourists this time around rather than beaming them over a fiber optic winch cable. I'll need to tweak the Hound Dog design if I ever have to use it again; I use PartRecovery to keep costs down, and let's just say there were enough issues with decoupling going on that I didn't recover that many parts. Time to start using Sepratrons...

Been engulfed in the RSS RO RVE world lately...:cool:

I sent two T-100 tugs in tandem to my new station. All I have so far is the core section.

After docking both T-100's I wanted to fix the inclination and altitude of my station using the tugs. I jettisoned the engine after conducting a short 4 minute burn. Circularized 420 km orbit

I have Bill, Bob and Jeb in the station. They only had 3 weeks of supplies left. So I sent a supply ship up on the next launch window.

After a lazy 4 day rendezvous the supply ship safely docked.

In 4-6 weeks I will load it full of waste and deorbit the supply ship.

Graphics great, which mod is?

Graphics great, which mod is?

FASA, NearFuture (Construction, Electrical, Props, Spacecraft), Chaka Monkey Exploration Odyssey, station parts expansion. As well I make all my fuel tanks with procedural parts.

To look the best I use planetshine, RSS, RO, RVE.

Attempted my first ever Mun resource scanning satellite. Early attempts ended with the craft tumbling out of control on ascent. Scrapped that design. Started from scratch by placing the M700 below the fuel tank and mounting 2 twitch engines to the tank. Using 2 radial decouplers, I mounted 2 FL-T800 tanks with LV-T45 engines. The radial tanks took me to orbit and half the transfer burn. Then I realized I forgot the comm antenna. D'oh. Reverted. Relaunched. Made it to Mun. Circularized. Changed inclination to a polar orbit. Realized the orbit was a little short of 25k around Mun. Raised the Ap to 27k at the Pe. Warped to Ap for circularization burn. As I was dropping out of warp, there was the most magnificent ball of smoke and flames. Why did it blow up? I have no idea. This resource satellite is kicking my butt.

FASA, NearFuture (Construction, Electrical, Props, Spacecraft), Chaka Monkey Exploration Odyssey, station parts expansion. As well I make all my fuel tanks with procedural parts.

To look the best I use planetshine, RSS, RO, RVE.

my planets look ugly ;.;

which mod creates good looking textures ?

Sure. This is from an earlier version of KSP. I was doing photo shoots at Kerbin of these. The lander and rover/ boat together. At Laythe, I would separate the rover from the lander just after dropping from orbit. I landed each using chutes so as not to use precious fuel. I had to balance the rover with science parts which could jettison. Now we have better parts to use but here's the old pic. Notice the combination of jets, spikes and nukes:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3773/13192238193_68b09d1a1e_o.png

Here is the rover on its own:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7353/13192339823_633b13f781_o.png

Here is the assembly on an intermediate (not the launch) stage; I took the engines off for the shot. I asparagus staged the fuel tanks:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7182/13196643993_680388fb6d_o.png

Awsome! Thanks for the feedback!

SAP-C's R&D detected mysterious debris near the KSC, and deployed a newly developed Gosling Light Tank to investigate, designed to be paradropped from a Goose Cargo Plane. The Gosling was met by a V1 Boar tank that was hiding away in the complex complexes of the KSC, but the Gosling had the upper hand, after the Boar missed the first shot. The Gosling surprisingly destroyed the Boar (I gave the Gosling a big advantage, okay? Such as getting to shoot more than the Boar) after decimating it's probe core with a lucky sho- I mean precisely aimed shot.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The Gosling brung the debris back to the R&D where it was found to be from a rocket bringing an armed drone to somewhere in the Kerbin system, most likely the Mun. To be continued on Mun wars: The Drone wars.

A very kerbal mission. Five (six) crew, docking port, wheels, Mun. Three biomes, six three-star crew came home. Sort of.

S3Cs8x9.jpg

Majorly miscalculated the torque required to flip it on-end on the Mun... had to take a run up on a steep hill, which didn't do the tyres a lot of good. Always carry a three star engineer! Or just jettison your busted wheels, that works too...

Also, stability. Don't talk to me about stability. When it accelerated, the engines hit the ground. When it braked, the nose dug in. Mission commander Brigadier Riv had to limit the whole expedition to 10m/s cruising speed to avoid catastrophe :< It did have enough fuel to rendezvous with Skylab I however, and dumped a full 550 data into it (some still awaiting processing), so there's a looooot of science coming down from on-high over the next few months :)

Quick question, is are the Sat. Relays farther in the tech. tree or is that a mod?

Most of the parts are stock (and those that aren't are generally just bigger/different antennae) but the actual use of satellite relays is not necessary in the stock game. For that, you want RemoteTech.

The stock game will be getting some need for satellite relays in 1.1.