[1.2-1.7] Blender (2.83+) .mu import/export addon

On 12/29/2020 at 10:47 AM, Frostydog1793 said:

I cant seem to export it as an STL file. When I do it just becomes a pile of non-connected parts clipping inside of each other. Image here: My Best KSP Rocket Yet! - Imgur

I imported the craft, hit "make instances real", deleted whatever parts were too fiddly, and highlighted the entire craft and exported it as an stl.

• 2 weeks later...

Please can someone help me?

I have ksp blender and this addon and whenever I try to import a craft I get a FileNotDoundError: [WinError3] The system cannot find the path specified: ' '

I've been looking for hours on how to fix it but I can't seem to getit to work

@UltraGeekIt's mentioned several times throughout this thread but your problem is most likely that you have not set your KSP GameData path in blender via the options panel where you enabled the addon (you'll have to open the panel as it is collapsed by default).

On 1/12/2021 at 2:13 AM, taniwha said:

@UltraGeekIt's mentioned several times throughout this thread but your problem is most likely that you have not set your KSP GameData path in blender via the options panel where you enabled the addon (you'll have to open the panel as it is collapsed by default).

thx now I feel kinda embaraced for missing that, btw great job with the addon

Edit: now I'm getting this error

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu-master\import_craft\import_craft.py", line 106, in execute
    return import_craft_op(self, context, **keywords)
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu-master\import_craft\import_craft.py", line 80, in import_craft_op
    obj = import_craft(filepath)
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu-master\import_craft\import_craft.py", line 60, in import_craft
    part = gamedata.parts[pname].get_model()
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu-master\import_craft\part.py", line 64, in get_model
    self.cfg, loaded_parts_collection())
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu-master\model\model.py", line 49, in compile_model
    obj = mdl.instantiate(f"{name}:submodel", position, rotation, scale)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'instantiate'

Edited by UltraGeek

@UltraGeek Unfortunately, there aren't any clues in there to help find the problem part (not your fault, python's),

After looking at the code in the area suggested by the exception and doing a quick test on my system, I suspect that either the model referenced by the MODEL node is missing, or it has the wrong case: while windows is case-insensitive, linux (what I use all the time) is not, and nor is the database.

I ran into an other issue(the last one was caused by me not following the install guide and setting the game's folder not the gamedata folder)

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu\import_craft\import_craft.py", line 106, in execute
    return import_craft_op(self, context, **keywords)
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu\import_craft\import_craft.py", line 80, in import_craft_op
    obj = import_craft(filepath)
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu\import_craft\import_craft.py", line 44, in import_craft
    gamedata = GameData(Preferences().GameData)
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu\import_craft\gamedata.py", line 140, in __init__
    self.models = Model.Preloaded()
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu\model\model.py", line 95, in Preloaded
    preloaded = Model(None, url)
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu\model\model.py", line 106, in __init__
    obj, mu = import_mu(model, path, False, False)
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu\import_mu\import_mu.py", line 199, in import_mu
    if not mu.read(filepath):
  File "C:\Users\HunKr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\io_object_mu\mu.py", line 1181, in read
    self.file = open(filepath, "rb")
TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType

I've seen that someone has had this issue and they've posted what they did to fix it but it's not too clear what they did to fix it.

Edited by UltraGeek