[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I am having an issue where EVE loads, but doesn't do anything in the game (with ATM) or crashes when it finishes loading (with no ATM). Also, is there a way to disable ATM on certain mods (Texturereplacer, for my skybox) so that it doesn't look like low res crap? Thank you all very much!

SmallFatFetus

Hope all is well with Rbray. By now I figure two things. He is gone from KSP for who knows how long. Possibly permanent. Or... Now dont get your hopes up. But what are the chances Squad is working with Rbray to secretly incorporate clouds for 1.0?

Looks shopped to me. Note the black pixels around the UI.

No, no, no. It is likely real, working, just not very well at all. I imagine it ruins the framerate. The black pixels, of which there are almost none, are most likely due to the fact the shaders where altered.

http://kerbalspace.tumblr.com/post/17827181033/the-story-of-ksp-ksp-0-4

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/86937174152/modding-mondays-astronomers-visual-pack

Search those pages for 'atmospheric scattering'. The game has it already so it wouldn't take much to enhance it a little.

Edited by Majorjim

Clouds are way too thick on my install. How do I thin them out?

Delete layers if you have multiple layers. Otherwise lower the alpha value for the layer thats bothering you in the cloud.cfg file. You can also open the gui via Alt+N and make changes there. Don't forget to save you new settings once you're happy with them.

I have something wierd going on. My probe is splashed down on the night side of Eve with one panel under the water. The panel under the water seems to be getting a full charge from the sun as if the whole planet under the water is transparent. Is this something Eve could do or a bug in the core game?

Edited by tomf

I have something wierd going on. My probe is splashed down on the night side of Eve with one panel under the water. The panel under the water seems to be getting a full charge from the sun as if the whole planet under the water is transparent. Is this something Eve could do or a bug in the core game?

It's certainly not an E.V.E issue.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I have seen people saying that they managed to run this in 0.90 but i didn't try it, also ckan is showing it in the list, so, is there anything needed to be done or will it work from op page? or do i need to convert tga to png and it will work? please, anyone put some light on this (using linux 64 version myself)

Well, ain't that a treat - looks like this mod works OK in 1.0 from a very quick test.

--Edit

It seems to work fine, but there appear to be even more exceptions in the log file than there were in 0.90. Not a massive surprise, I suppose, given the version number in the thread title...

Edited by UnanimousCoward

...but only has clouds on kerbin last time I checked :(

I'm pretty sure that's not a limitation of the new version but simply the fact that rbray hasn't had reason to config clouds for other planets while he's still working to get things right on Kerbin

Does any one know of any other cloud mods as this one hasn't been updated in a while.

Kerbal weather systems has clouds, I think, and the author is trying to make it run with 1.0 atmo intead of depending on FAR.