Hello and Welcome!

Moach

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2011 at 8:29 AM, NovaSilisko said:

What is this 'Spacve' you speak of?

I know it's 2020 and not 2011 so I'm late to answer you, but since the C and V keys are together he might of meant to say space but accidentally pressed V and made spacve.

Edited by Kraken that doesn't exist

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Welcome to the forum @Misguided_Kerbal. If you mean spaceplanes, I also have trouble building them. If you have krew on the Mun and no propulsion you are probably ready for the great KSP milestone of a rescue mission. Sometimes followed by a rescue mission or two. :cool:

A rescue mission?

*Calls Matt Lowne*

Welcome to the forum @greenfox24.

As a new member you must make a number of posts that conform to the forum guidelines before you are able to edit your profile or PM other members. We apologize for this - it is a measure we use to protect the forum.

Edited by James Kerman
Added link to guidelines...doh!

hello In advance to all of you new (or not) Kerbals. I just want to point out to not be hesitant with questions here. Trust me. I am that way, and I REALLY wish that I knew that this thread exsisted when I joined. Some advice and terms: those cool dots are increased by posting.

reputation = likes.

dont be a jerk, we love new friends.

its generally good to enable status updates in my opinion, it makes it easier to talk to people directly.

lucida sans (this font) is the best font.

there are some fonts that look weird on mobile!

Lucida Sans looks like Arial (I literally have no idea what font I’m typing in rn)

Comic sans is just... cursive.

Tahoma loses a lil bit

it’s not horrible to not play KSP, but in my opinion, you shouldn’t join just to play forum games. While those are fun, in my opinion (just mine), you probably should post in a KSP - related forum.

Edited by HansonKerman
EDIT: also, this is an amazing place to just put notes that aren’t important, relevant jokes, or extra tips that you decided to put here at a later time or the time of creation. To edit it: go to the EDIT button and type in the reason for edit box

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there!

A short introduction. I'm.. well... me. :)

Years ago I was playing KSP a lot, crashed many crafts on Mun and Minmus (there were more Kerbals on the Mun than in the KSC), suffered pains of new KSP versions changing some significant parameters (e.g. when I found out that I really, really should have added a heat shield to that older-version craft returning from some very long mission).

Now, after checking whether that out-of-Kerbin life may or may not be a little overrated, I'm back, and enjoying again the trills of trying to find that *perfect* ascent profile algorithm in kOS, and building a huge orbital station, which would not wobble frantically whenever one of the crew sneezes inside.

And... I just wanted to say "Hi!". Hi! :cool:

6 hours ago, Kazkar said:

Hello there!

A short introduction. I'm.. well... me. :)

Years ago I was playing KSP a lot, crashed many crafts on Mun and Minmus (there were more Kerbals on the Mun than in the KSC), suffered pains of new KSP versions changing some significant parameters (e.g. when I found out that I really, really should have added a heat shield to that older-version craft returning from some very long mission).

Now, after checking whether that out-of-Kerbin life may or may not be a little overrated, I'm back, and enjoying again the trills of trying to find that *perfect* ascent profile algorithm in kOS, and building a huge orbital station, which would not wobble frantically whenever one of the crew sneezes inside.

And... I just wanted to say "Hi!". Hi! :cool:

Hello there  friend. Enjoy your stay. Man, a kOS user... wish I knew how to use that.

9 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

Hello there  friend. Enjoy your stay. Man, a kOS user... wish I knew how to use that.

There is a nice YouTube series: "Kerbal Space Programming" (https://youtu.be/fNlAME5eU3o) from CheersKevin (I am sure he is somewhere on this forum).

It's a little old, (and I would definitely discuss some tiny bits of the coding techniques), but it's a great concept, and a wonderful tutorial-like adventure. I've stumbled upon this series by accident, and then I dusted out my own kOS scripts folder, and... Here I am.

15 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Hello, @Kazkar!  Welcome aboard!  Glad you've picked the game back up. 

If you haven't played since before heatshields were needed, then I imagine it's like playing a whole new game.

I have actually. But I have a feeling that now everything is more stable. Like - the rovers won't suddenly start jumping around because of some strange forces in the wheels... :D

However, I have a Mun Lab station (on the Mun, obviously), parked on a slope. Trying to be nice to Jedvan and Gledard, I retract the uphill-side landing legs, to level the floor. It happened a few times, that coming back I saw the downhill-side legs retracted instead. I'm not sure whether the guys are doing some weird experiments, or what? (I'm almost sure that they have no equipment to refine booze.. hydrazine. But who really knows them scientists?)

So, I guess that there is still some area for adventures, isn't it?