Jump to content

[1.8-1.11] TextureReplacer 4.4 (4.4.2020)


Recommended Posts

On 8/17/2020 at 7:07 AM, hemeac said:

DM2epOqh.jpg

You should see a bearded kerbal in your toolbar which opens up a window to change the look (which I've circled in red)

@munman19 You should see the bearded kerbal in your toolbar (circled)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, munman19 said:

when i use mod suits that you can only use in the suit picker it breaks

Can you be more specific about what breaks? I read about some incompatibilities between TR and the new suit picker.
Oddly enough, it works for me. Bearded Jeb in a custom picked suit with gold-ish visor provided by TR (and a Bill Lightyear, too):

Spoiler

zZiYq9e.jpg

I had to disable the "Personalize Suit" option in TR for it to work. I haven't noticed any missing features because of that, though, so I'm not exactly sure what it does.

 

Edited by HansAcker
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. @Aazard was concerned that I may have died. I'm old, but not yet in the grave. I'm happy to say that after many years, Oinker's Skybox is still very popular.  It was crafted using the 8K (high-res at the time)Tycho Catalog skymap image of our sky from NASA. I adjusted the image to closely resemble what you see when your eyes aren't adjusted for darkness. I then added a few secret gems to it: a visible nebula, a few galaxies nearby ( on edge and other angles), a pulsar. Most of you who use my skybox very quickly notice the nearby galaxy that slides into view nestled between two munar hills in the second start screen.

The skybox is available for direct download at Spacedock https://spacedock.info/mod/1131/Oinker's Skybox 2.0 Brighter [4]  But the easiest way to install it is with CKAN (this is how I install it). Some years ago a very kind person upped it to the repository with Texture Replacer as a dependency. If you load another texture pack in CKAN that contains a skybox, ensure Oinker's Skybox is loaded last.

I use Distant Object Enhancement to tweak the brightness of the skybox (my settings: dynamic dimming off and 72% max brightness). Additionally, don't forget to install EVE as well.

I'll be updating it for 8K after KSP 2 is released. I just downloaded the 16K x 8K version of the Tycho Catalog skymap. Feel free to use my KSP images in anything, with or without credit. They're free for anyone to use for anything.

Don't  be afraid of the dark.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Oinker said:

Hi everybody. @Aazard was concerned that I may have died. I'm old, but not yet in the grave. I'm happy to say that after many years, Oinker's Skybox is still very popular.  It was crafted using the 8K (high-res at the time)Tycho Catalog skymap image of our sky from NASA. I adjusted the image to closely resemble what you see when your eyes aren't adjusted for darkness. I then added a few secret gems to it: a visible nebula, a few galaxies nearby ( on edge and other angles), a pulsar. Most of you who use my skybox very quickly notice the nearby galaxy that slides into view nestled between two munar hills in the second start screen.

The skybox is available for direct download at Spacedock https://spacedock.info/mod/1131/Oinker's Skybox 2.0 Brighter [4]  But the easiest way to install it is with CKAN (this is how I install it). Some years ago a very kind person upped it to the repository with Texture Replacer as a dependency. If you load another texture pack in CKAN that contains a skybox, ensure Oinker's Skybox is loaded last.

I use Distant Object Enhancement to tweak the brightness of the skybox (my settings: dynamic dimming off and 72% max brightness). Additionally, don't forget to install EVE as well.

I'll be updating it for 8K after KSP 2 is released. I just downloaded the 16K x 8K version of the Tycho Catalog skymap. Feel free to use my KSP images in anything, with or without credit. They're free for anyone to use for anything.

Don't  be afraid of the dark.

Oh my goodness! On the 100th page, on the final hour, Linker returns! Thank you for this... I'll have a look :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, Bootes said:

There's any way to replace the NavBall textures using this mod? If its possible, how to do it? Im not very familiar with it

Yes, GameData/TextureReplacer/Default/NavBall.dds

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up. In 1.11 the game has separated the jetpack from the suit (it now acts like a part) and the textures are now located in GameData\Squad\Parts\Cargo\Jetpack. With this mod installed the jetpack is invisible if you don't wear the helmet even if the option from the mod is not ticked.  Oh yeah, and the new gold visor doesn't show.  

Update: seems like  the reflection shader is also not working. 

 

Spoiler

QiWBw85.jpg

wfI2cFU.jpg

Zt0AwLN.png

 

Edited by dok_377
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can i change the texture of the visor in 1.11?

i mean the gold visor that you get when you press “lower visor” in a kerbals right click menu

Right now when i create a evavisor file in the default folder, it changes the texture of both the transparent visor and the new gold visor

thanks 

Edited by TheRealMK245
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 4:31 AM, munman19 said:

what breaks is the suit shows some wrong texture like some weird polygons

I’ve had this problem. To fix it, click on the bearded kerbal icon in the ksc and unselect “personalize suits” or something that sounds similar to that 

Edited by TheRealMK245
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheRealMK245 said:

Can i change the texture of the visor in 1.11?

i mean the gold visor that you get when you press “lower visor” in a kerbals right click menu

Right now when i create a evavisor file in the default folder, it changes the texture of both the transparent visor and the new gold visor

thanks 

No. I must update the reflective visor shader to support shaded/gold visor. Currently, you either have reflections and textured visor or the shaded visor working (if you disable reflections), but not both.

Edited by shaw
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheRealMK245 said:

@shaw What does the BasicVisor do?

 

Visor shader without reflection support. I think there is no suitable built-in shader in KSP to meet all requirements: transparent, specular, textured and with shaded visor working (new for KSP 1.11), so I added a stripped-down version of reflective visor shader.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 7:58 PM, Poodmund said:

I say this in the most genuine way possible, but it seems a bit of a shame that TR does not allow for interaction with loaded assets via Module Manager whereas similar mods such as Sigma Replacements, DiRT and even TRR when it was around all required folder paths/file URLs to be specified within their config nodes to load the textures in question i.e.

SigmaReplacements
{
    Texture
    {
        Folders
        {
            path = asset/path
        }
    }
}
DiRT_Config
{
	TextureFolder = asset/path
}
TextureReplacerReplaced
{
	Folders
	{
		Default = asset/path
	}
}

This allows modders and users to then interact with config nodes that can resolve compatibility and interopability issues between mods. For example, if a user installed a visual pack that uses TR to override the stock planetary body texture assets but then also wanted to install a mod that uses TR to override Jool's texture with a very specific texture, the end user is at the whim of the naming of the folders as to which texture would be used from the two options. The desired result would be that the user ends up with the specific Jool texture. This could be achieved by having the mod devs specifying the asset URLs/asset folders in a config for TR to pick up on game load and utilize, then the mod dev of the specific Jool texture could include a config in their mod to say something like:

@TextureReplacer:FINAL
{
	@Textures
	{
		!path:HAS[*stockJoolAssetName] {}
		path = newAsset/path
	}
}

This patch would delete any preexisting entries for that specific texture and then add in the patch to insert the inclusion for their Jool texture only.

----------------

On a personal note, the trigger for raising this is due to a handful of planet packs including their own skybox with their mod but a decent number of users want to use a different skybox. When they use SR:Skybox/Textures or DiRT you can make allowances for this and patch accordingly with a "catch-all" patch to ensure that the "after-maket" skybox they download is the one that is used but if they currently use TR, then as previously said, they are at the which of the mod folder alphabet order as to what they end up with.

I hope that you can appreciate the concern... I also appreciate that it would be a lot of work.

Check this release: https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/releases/tag/v4.4-alpha.1

I added TextureMap node in config (see @Default.cfg) where you can map textures. I hope this suffices to achieve what you described.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2020 at 1:07 AM, Oinker said:

Hi everybody. @Aazard was concerned that I may have died. I'm old, but not yet in the grave. I'm happy to say that after many years, Oinker's Skybox is still very popular.  It was crafted using the 8K (high-res at the time)Tycho Catalog skymap image of our sky from NASA. I adjusted the image to closely resemble what you see when your eyes aren't adjusted for darkness. I then added a few secret gems to it: a visible nebula, a few galaxies nearby ( on edge and other angles), a pulsar. Most of you who use my skybox very quickly notice the nearby galaxy that slides into view nestled between two munar hills in the second start screen.

The skybox is available for direct download at Spacedock https://spacedock.info/mod/1131/Oinker's Skybox 2.0 Brighter [4]  But the easiest way to install it is with CKAN (this is how I install it). Some years ago a very kind person upped it to the repository with Texture Replacer as a dependency. If you load another texture pack in CKAN that contains a skybox, ensure Oinker's Skybox is loaded last.

I use Distant Object Enhancement to tweak the brightness of the skybox (my settings: dynamic dimming off and 72% max brightness). Additionally, don't forget to install EVE as well.

I'll be updating it for 8K after KSP 2 is released. I just downloaded the 16K x 8K version of the Tycho Catalog skymap. Feel free to use my KSP images in anything, with or without credit. They're free for anyone to use for anything.

Don't  be afraid of the dark.

YAY! not dead, a bit less bacon...hopefuly atleats 1 onle EPIC HD AS CAN BE...maybe 1 skybox left before your final oink?

On 12/18/2020 at 4:50 PM, dok_377 said:

Just a heads up. In 1.11 the game has separated the jetpack from the suit (it now acts like a part) and the textures are now located in GameData\Squad\Parts\Cargo\Jetpack. With this mod installed the jetpack is invisible if you don't wear the helmet even if the option from the mod is not ticked.  Oh yeah, and the new gold visor doesn't show.  

Update: seems like  the reflection shader is also not working. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

QiWBw85.jpg

wfI2cFU.jpg

Zt0AwLN.png

 

oh poop!

Do I require an update?  or will TRR do this for me?

On 12/31/2020 at 12:15 PM, shaw said:

Check this release: https://github.com/ducakar/TextureReplacer/releases/tag/v4.4-alpha.1

I added TextureMap node in config (see @Default.cfg) where you can map textures. I hope this suffices to achieve what you described.

So should I move files @shaw? or did TRR do it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

@shawIf you don't mind could you add this to main page for Navball, for players who want to use these. I have been using them for years, they were posted here:

@JAFOmade the main texture back then. @WasabiThumbsmade me the emissive version.

RkdF2Zr.png

kuZZm7s.png

I am sure players here will enjoy them, since NavBallTextureChanger is not a thing anymore and your mod can do what that mod did anyways.

If anyone wants to get them now, just download these two PNGs. Rename the main one on top NavBall and the other one NavBallEmissive and put them in the Default folder. They should both be .png files.

Credit to @JAFO and @WasabiThumbsfor sharing these with me years ago.

Edited by therealcrow999
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 1:53 PM, therealcrow999 said:

@JAFOmade the main texture back then.

Umm.. not quite. As I recall, I made some edits/fixes to an already existing texture and posted it. Don't recall more than that without going back and checking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JAFO said:

Umm.. not quite. As I recall, I made some edits/fixes to an already existing texture and posted it. Don't recall more than that without going back and checking.

Maybe I gave the one to you then and you added it to your collect. If so I can't recall where I got it. I just assumed you because when I downloaded it, I named the file after you, so I could remember. :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JAFO said:

Umm.. not quite. As I recall, I made some edits/fixes to an already existing texture and posted it. Don't recall more than that without going back and checking.

Since you posted... just an FYI, I'm throwing together a .zip collection of all those NB textures. I've changed the filenames to try to give credit where due. The ones you did are included.
Its just the textures, so they *should* be useable by Navball Texture Changer, TR, and mebbe DiRT... mebbe others?
Also, IIRC, they can be used to replace RPM NB textures in IVAs... not sure if MAS can do it, tho

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites

So here's a compilation of all the shared NB textures from the Navball Texture Changer thread. These textures should also work with Texture Replacer, and possibly DiRT.
IIRC, there was also a way to use them to replace the NB textures for use in RPM, in IVAs. Idk if MAS can do that. vOv

All of them were compiled from posts on the thread, and most should be available there for single file download, either in the 2nd post, or elsewhere in the thread.
I've only compiled them together in a single .zip for ease of grabbing them all at once.
By forum members publicly sharing them in posts on that thread, its assumed licensing is, as stated in the OP of the Navball Texture Changer thread:
"If there's no license included in your post, it will be assumed to be CC-BY (can be reused, as long as credited)"

I've tried to prefix filenames with due credit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DOcqJUkHMXjEzt0OCpOmmrtt7dyQkWSz/view?usp=sharing

Several were not sized in proper Power of 2 format for textures. I've made resized copies, to the nearest proper size, in the main folder, denoted with a suffix of the new size.
The originals *work*, as KSP handles resizing them, but it does create log spam about them, and Idk how much of a tiny performance hit the game taes, in converting them, but I've put those original textures into a seperate subfolder, just in case, and if anyone ever wants to rework them from the originals. Personally, I would delete that folder, after unzipping to the proper place in GameData.

I've also added the suffix of `_DIF` & `_EMM`, to those textures that have both a normal texture and a matching emmisive texture. There are several different diffuse textures that can use one of the emissives.

I've tried to correctly give credit on each texture, by prefixing, 1st, the original submitter, followed 2nd by whoever has submitted an edit.

Please LMK if there are issues, doubles, or if anyone finds moar NB textures to add, that arent already in there.

Tagging you, @shaw, in case you'ld consider adding the link to your OP.
EDIT: for shaw... I guess hold off on adding that lin to OP.. theRagingIrishman just posted on the NB Texture Changer thread, that they were gonna add a readme & stuff, and include it in the release for that mod. With his permission, I can rehost it seperately, and you could lin to *that* copy, once I post it. I'll PM you then about it, if i dont hear bac from you first.

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...