All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I would say, from the shape of the exclusion zone and what they say, that this is a WDR, so ift-4 on the 17-19 is doable I think
  3. The thing that jumps out starkly is that some polygon sections are clearly affected strongly while neighbors are not. I hope the are tracking each section individually through manufacture so as to ID a particular batch of resin, or when a "minor" design change occured, or even to find correlations to inadvertent but slightly different installations techniques from one tech to another. It's all about the data
  4. It really does say something about the economic system we live in where a privately owned company with a near monopoly is the only thing keeping robber-baron corporations at bay from ripping people off.
  5. Well... sadly there's history of that, SQUAD promised multiplayer for KSP1... I could be wrong, but I don't recall it ever being 'promised'. The most I remember were comments stating that they are 'thinking' about it and 'would like' to do it . The only 'promises' seemed to be in the heads of those that didn't want to understand what was actually said. Edit. It would seem I didn't get my quote from the initial post it was in.
  6. Oh... I've already taken out like 3 nests and shooter things lol
  7. Behind the scenes? Yes Tutorial? Eh.... I don't know if they (or I ) would like someone completely copying their work. But I would love to see the behind the scenes project of the work put into it because man was there a lot of it
  8. Personally, I used KER, setting one button to display time and angle to AN/DN. Seems to work fairly well.
  9. UPDATE: - fix Dessert Strait (IB dessert)'s groupcenter and terrain MapDecal - added Kerbin City inter overpass (route36 S) it was designed with the restored version K.C ! if you want the city, check this: Known mistakes: - still don't have fillers to connect route36 and ground of KSC, need manual place them. - lights and decorations may become performance killer, in this case - delete 36art_instances.cfg - every work was in "Default" terrain settings, if you using High / Ultra / Parallax may have some roadblock (image by @Overlocker96)
  10. Today
  11. I have a question, can there be an infinite loading if i enable the appearance of objects on the ground in the settings before that?
  12. The editor works fine with the latest version of KK and the latest version of KSP (1.12.5) Make sure you're using version v1.8.6.1 of KK.
  13. Well how in the hell would MP address something like the physics aspects... would each machine be crunching the whole system. If the game cannot split calcs efficiently between cores how would MP even work without unleashing the Kraken. The more I see people break down certain things the more I am convinced that a lack of technical reports to the community is a direct result of nothing to show.
  14. Today I learned that Earth looks like Australia from a direct-to-phone satellite.
  15. As far as physics simulation, there's a couple problems to solve: Scene size, where you just can't simulate the full solar system 1:1 on any engine so tricks like the player-centric planetarium are used. The joining of parts. What do you do with ships the player isn't playing with. Unity, Unreal or whatever off the shelf engine would face the same scene size limit at some point, meaning the whole planetary system needs to go through a scaled player-centered planetarium mode like it does in KSP1. I really don't think there's another solution for that. I don't know how for example Orbiter handles it to say if it's different, and I know other games like Space Engineer just use a static, heavily scaled down system and displace the active scene resetting coordinates (like KSP1/2 does with rovers on the ground). As for the joining of parts, the particular problem with Unity, or rather how the devs used Unity in KSP1 and 2, is that they resorted to Unity's default joint system. That means when you put 2 parts together, they're not parent and child, but rather 2 nodes united by a joint. The flexibility this joint allows is what permits things like wobble and all other spaghetti effects... and creates phantom forces as well in some cases. Those joints are their own physical entity and can transfer forces along the connected rigid bodies. A secondary problem this causes is with collision detection, because if you allow elasticity on the joint, the 2 connected parts can collide and that's when a tank in the middle of your rocket explodes for no apparent reason, and thus the solution is to disable same-vessel collision. Every joint is an extra "part" that has to be serialized for saving, which is why autostrut is so toxic to performance. Now, all of this carries over to the third aspect: What do you do with non active vessels. "Serializing and saving" isn't just for when you stop playing, but also quicksaves, swapping active vessels, docking and so on. In KSP1 (and if I remember correctly), the ISRU and heating systems work for unloaded vessels by saving the current rates of change in resources (as in, say, fuel is increasing X units per second, ore decreases by Y amount per second) and when you switch back to a vessel, those rates are calculated against the time since you last played with that ship and are credited or debited to all containers equally and almost instantly. They also had some shortcuts over EC rates not being updated so a solar panel always generates max energy for an offloaded vessel even at night. In comes KSP2, and they promise trust on warp, real simulations for ISRU/Colonies and what not, except the way they do it is to serialize and dump even more data onto the save, and without any shortcut or optimization. Every aspect of a part in KSP2 is serialized and saved individually, and then recomputed pretty much live as you play with another ship someplace else. This means every solar panel, radiator, resource container, resource generator, resource debit, engine, SAS, and so on is continuously working and being recalculated even for vessels you aren't playing with. You might be launching a 20 part rocket, but that 100 part colony still will hit you like if you were launching it all in one piece right next to your new rocket. And the way this side of the system is built, really has nothing to do with engine choice. Engine choice just adds onto this mess by virtue of how the Unity default joints work and how bad Unity is natively at multithreading. Sure, some engines might have better native multithreading not requiring the mess you have to do in Unity to get that working, but still, it's a very flimsy system that resolves into an O(n) algorithm where more parts cause a linear decay in performance.
  16. The more serious mission to Scourge, no cola bottle this time. Mission: Flyby this mysterious object named Scourge that's between Frontier and Windswept to see what it is. Payload: Ghost, just a Juno Guidence unit with panels and fancy instruments. Launch Vehicle: Titan II with SRB and Centaur. After almost a year of nothing, Ghost finally gets a encounter with Scourge and HOLY $&@^ turns out its a planet. A terrestrial planet with moons. It has rings!!! Closes I came to the planet before dark, I wanted an altitude of 100K but due to a miscalculation the separation of Centaur I got 193K. Can't wait to do more exploration of this planet especially since now I got the parts for Saturn Is. Also this may be my last non commercial launch with Titan II and Titan III for I got a new toy.
  17. I think it's deeply concerning that they don't understand what's causing the spalling.
  18. What meant by completely Async play.. is a sandbox style of game. There would be no life support or supply lines and that's the only way o see it realistically being viable. As a game mode thag uses save share to load up into a sandbox playstyle. It would add the appearance of instantaneous travel for onlookers. I thought it sounded ideal for KSP when a player suggestion for crew style play. You launch a single ship with multiple landers / craft and deploy when in system. Player time warps would be negligible amounts and basically there is no world timer.. just mission timersfrom when craft was launched That was the only way I could picture it working In my mind.. but I never really wanted it
  1. Load more activity