The KSP 1.0 Grand Discussion Thread: Conquering Space Was Never This Easy!

KasperVld

So I haven't been on this forum in a very, very long time. Haven't really played KSP much either. But I have to say, Squad has really did a good job bringing me back. This update is more than I ever expected.

I can feel my mad rocket skillz coming back to me already.

Kind of.

Do rovers still blow up at slow speeds?

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just me or has the physics range increased to like 10km+?
Awesome 22k bubble. I am surprised this wasn't mentioned in the features or update notes. It's a massive improvement!

Yeah, hoping to be able to recover shorter stages w/o a mod.

Just had a mini heart attack. Download looked like it got done, so I closed Chrome only to find that it was "unconfirmed".

I was like, "NONONONONO, I just spent 1/20'th of our month's internet on that!"

Phew, it said it could potentially be "malware".

One press of a button later it turned into a .zip. KSP 1.0.0 here we come!

its great to be back guys i havent been on since my last post but ill be playing moar now that its been updated :3

also in my spare time ive landed on all teh planets...ALL OF DEM. i need to make a photo album.

also im going to be transfering this to steam :D.

Great update. As many of you stated it, I feel like a total noob, EVEN playing with far for like 6 month. The heat system is totally new to me. This v1.0 feel so complete and great.

Good job SQUAD !

(Can't wait to see people's spaceplanes !)

Solar panels can no longer be retracted??? that's no good.

Shielded panels can. It adds a reason for using the heavier parts because nobody ever bothered to before.

Well, I liked the 1.0 release video until they made it all about explosions. Isn't the vastness of space and the exploration of new worlds more exciting than random explosions and the imminent death of three kerbals? I get it. Some people like Micheal Bay films. Fine. I'm cool with it. I just wish more people would step up and show how cool science and space can be. Can we not leave the explosions to Battlefield trailers and have KSP, one of the few (somewhat) educational games about space, actually advertise whats so cool about space?

Well, I liked the 1.0 release video until they made it all about explosions. Isn't the vastness of space and the exploration of new worlds more exciting than random explosions and the imminent death of three kerbals? I get it. Some people like Micheal Bay films. Fine. I'm cool with it. I just wish more people would step up and show how cool science and space can be. Can we not leave the explosions to Battlefield trailers and have KSP, one of the few (somewhat) educational games about space, actually advertise whats so cool about space?

Exactly! I feel the same way about that trailer, but didn't know how to phrase it. +rep

Yeah, since when did they just make everything explody! The first trailer was so much better, because it was peaceful and only about the exploration alone. Not full of explosions...

Oh wait, the first trailer was full of explosions.

I'm liking what I see so far. Though I am quite of sad we have gotten out of early access, I always loved to have more stuff to look forward to. Will this mean the end of any big additions, changes to the base game?

Yeah, since when did they just make everything explody! The first trailer was so much better, because it was peaceful and only about the exploration alone. Not full of explosions...

Oh wait, the first trailer was full of explosions.

Because presidence makes it OK.

I'm liking what I see so far. Though I am quite of sad we have gotten out of early access, I always loved to have more stuff to look forward to. Will this mean the end of any big additions, changes to the base game?
Squad isn't done yet, they've maintained since version .90 was released, that they were not stopping development at v1.0. Check this post for quotes and more info gathered from reddit 'AmA' session.