Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

5 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

How do you guys pick TOTMs and TOTY? Is it even possible to nominate a thread for TOTM/TOTY?

We talk over the submissions and yes, respectively. Send us a PM or report the thread. 

2 hours ago, Salmon said:

What's the worst, most foul forum post you've had to deal with (that is still suitable for the forums)?

We don't discuss that kind of thing. For one thing, describing it might involve breaking forum rules, and for another thing, it's no one's business except the person who posted whatever it was. :) 

3 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

How does the rep work? Like is it always set to 'Excellent' or something? Is there any way to change it? 

It's because we don't have any negative "reactions". Terribly toxic users who had to be banned in the end also have an "excellent" reputation. Even some spambots have amazing reputations according to the forum. So it means nothing. Not sure if it can be changed, though. I can't with the tools I have, anyway. 

Ah. I can imagine that having the negative reaction would probably lead to mass downvotes for little reason or something. It's kinda funny to see how they have excellent rep if they're toxic and bots

A suggestion for the moderation team (more like the forum management);

Personally I feel that the #kspofficial IRC channel has been a bit dead (though I do not visit it often so I am fully willing to admit being wrong if that's the case). A suggestion for the moderation team is to make the official KSP Discord server. There's already official servers for TF2, PUBG, dozens and dozens of games, so it's proven to be an effective platform and honestly you'd have the support and help of the rest of the forum no doubt as you created the server for it.

Just an idea.

@Deddly also wow, when did you become Lead Mod? I need to visit more often. Congrats on the promotion despite me being very late to notice.

Also... if there's ever a spot on the mod team that could use an extra english speaking hand... I'd still love to help... as always.

7 hours ago, Dman979 said:

^ As people have done before. It gets you a gold star, and we get to say nice things about you when we're deciding what to do with the profile. :)

Glad to see the mods apparently like to say nice things about good behavior more than they like to say bad things about bad behavior. :) 

3 hours ago, cubinator said:

Glad to see the mods apparently like to say nice things about good behavior more than they like to say bad things about bad behavior. :) 

We do note the good guys on the forums.  If something is posted that is completely out of character for that user, it's usually met with concern first, rather than anger.   We do care, and want the best for everybody.