Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Has the amount of likes 'per day' changed lately? I'm not exactly trigger happy on "liking" things, but I'm getting a lot of "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today." in the last two days, and it's a long time since I saw that for the last time.

(wondering if that painkillers for the tooth are affecting me and turning me into… A SOCIAL BEING?????)

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Has the amount of likes 'per day' changed lately? I'm not exactly trigger happy on "liking" things, but I'm getting a lot of "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today." in the last two days, and it's a long time since I saw that for the last time.

(wondering if that painkillers for the tooth are affecting me and turning me into… A SOCIAL BEING?????)

Count them next time. :) Shouldn't have changed. 

On 4/12/2019 at 11:14 AM, adsii1970 said:

Not quite like that, although a good idea.
I think they felt it would be easier to bring me on board the moderator team so they could keep an even better eye on me. Oh, and to force me to behave now since I'm a moderator and because of that, I wear a more prominent target!

In all seriousness, however, it is a tremendous honor to have been recruited to be a moderator for this community. I'm glad to be able to give back to an Internet-based society which has come to mean so much to me.  We are Kerbals! :sticktongue:

Ah, the government way. If you can’t beat’em, recruit’em!

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Are the notifications that come up on the 'featured livestreamers' box automatic, or do the forum admins do it themselves?

I think it can be automated or done manually. 

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Who manages the @SQUAD account?

Several Squad staffers have access to it, but the posts are usually written and submitted by the CMs. 

Hello, is it possible for a moderator allow someone to edit a specific post that isn't theirs? I'd like to add game masters to my number wars post, but the Game masters must be able to edit it

41 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

Hello, is it possible for a moderator allow someone to edit a specific post that isn't theirs? I'd like to add game masters to my number wars post, but the Game masters must be able to edit it

Nope. That is not within our abilities. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm unsure about whether anyone is allowed to disclose this (very likely not), but can we users be assured our accounts' passwords are not stored in plain-text? I've been reading up on how leaks happen, the amount of websites that store user info in plain text is ridiculous, if not scary.

13 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

I'm unsure about whether anyone is allowed to disclose this (very likely not), but can we users be assured our accounts' passwords are not stored in plain-text? I've been reading up on how leaks happen, the amount of websites that store user info in plain text is ridiculous, if not scary.

While waiting for the response from the ones that officially maintain the forums, I will say the forums are powered by a commercial "off the shelf" forum engine, Invision (linked at the bottom of most pages).  This is a commercial product they produce, and a lot of places use this software to run their forums.  I would think that Invision would not have many buyers if it was known that their users' security was vulnerable.