Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

On 3/21/2018 at 10:00 AM, Geonovast said:

Do you guys have the ability to edit our signatures?  I believe I've buggered mine.

CubeUpload was out for like two days, so I changed the Title of my Dres Awareness badge from the gibberish filename to a message about my screenshots being dead. (So it would be displayed when the badge wasn't loaded.

CubeUpload is back up, and now the message and badge is gone, and there's literally nothing there for it when I go to edit.  But, sometimes I do see something flash when my signature is loaded in a post.

I'd like it purged so I can start over if possible.

CubeUpload has been triggering my malware from your sigs.  Just an FYI.  I don't get that with any other user here. 

8 hours ago, Gargamel said:

CubeUpload has been triggering my malware from your sigs.  Just an FYI.  I don't get that with any other user here. 

Well all that's in my sig right is that glitched portion that sometimes flashes and then disappears.  If it was CubeUpload itself doing it, like half of my posts would be triggering it, since all of my pictures here are hosted there.  I know I'm also not the only person here that uses them.

See!  It's still there!  Just kerborked!

BrokenSig.png

Edited by Geonovast

4 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I was able to read the post, think "Ah, it is fixe..... nope". 

I am seeing this in the Inspector:

Loading mixed (insecure) display content “https://u.cubeupload.com/Geonovast/BrokenSig.png” on a secure page[Learn More]

Which takes you to this page when you click on [Learn More]

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Mixed_content?utm_source=mozilla&utm_medium=firefox-console-errors&utm_campaign=default

I have a feeling that your antivirus is just complaining about the image not being sent over a secured connection.

Just now, Geonovast said:

I am seeing this in the Inspector:

Loading mixed (insecure) display content “https://u.cubeupload.com/Geonovast/BrokenSig.png” on a secure page[Learn More]

Which takes you to this page when you click on [Learn More]

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Mixed_content?utm_source=mozilla&utm_medium=firefox-console-errors&utm_campaign=default

I have a feeling that your antivirus is just complaining about the image not being sent over a secured connection.

MalwareBytes is listing u.cubeupload as a known malicious website. 

I'm not overly concerned about it.  My malware is catching a potential threat, be it real or not, and it let's me know when you have posted in a a thread! lol.  

Just now, Gargamel said:

MalwareBytes is listing u.cubeupload as a known malicious website. 

They did have a blog post a little while back about an issue with a large number of people using it to upload insanely illegal content.  May have something to do with why it got blacklisted by MalwareBytes.

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

They did have a blog post a little while back about an issue with a large number of people using it to upload insanely illegal content.  May have something to do with why it got blacklisted by MalwareBytes.

No biggy.   Just figured you might want to know....

On 3/31/2018 at 8:17 PM, Geonovast said:

Did a little digging, and it's blocking it because it's both trying to install spyware, and is having out bound connections.  

7 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Did a little digging, and it's blocking it because it's both trying to install spyware, and is having out bound connections.  

Got any logs?

Should probably start up a new thread and see if anyone else is running into this problem.  This is the first I've seen it mentioned, but if it's legit coming from CubeUpload, we should probably know.

Hello !

I just want to report that the forum seems to be not quite right earlier (at least from April 3, 05.30 UTC+7 (April 2, 22.30 UTC or 17.30 EST/UTC-5) up until the writing of this post ~40 minutes later). I weren't able to write posts to threads and the notification is different. Hopefully it is all sorted out !

Thank you !

1 minute ago, YNM said:

I think that depends on how spread the mods are.

Probably.  I doubt it'll happen, was just a thought.

Maybe even a sterner warning for really old stuff.  Apparently the "This thread is quite old" warning doesn't make people look at the actual post dates all the time.

Necroposting is not against the rules. If the thread is still relevant, there's no reason why we should block people from posting there. If the thread's not relevant, the post gets reported and we lock it.

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Is there a way to set it so a post needs moderator approval when necroing a post that's, say, more than a year old?

Maybe, but it's a case of the solution being more work than the problem. :)

Just now, Dman979 said:

Yes, but you could only give out 5 then. Now you can give out 25.

Clearly not enough XD

Edited by YNM
Coincidentally, is the update not done yet ? Been 7 hrs since moderators says it's underway...