"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

53 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

Yeah, as if they were going to have a good time under a sith lord...

Well, once the workers realize Gus got them even worse working conditions, a new leader will emerge, organize the workers, and lead a communist revolution.  Probably one of those guys who's already waving a red flag near the VAB door.

I'm loving this story thus far! ^_^

But there is a potential wildcard here: Anybody seen Valentina Kerman in a while?

Heck, for being the first female in space and all the related endorsements and media coverage, she's gotta be good for at least 5% of KSC stock.

Edited by GDJ

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OMG!!!  Now THAT was a hostile takeover!!!  Too funny!!!  

And I love how they look like little sith lords.... :0.0:

Good Mort... Good... Let the hate flow through you! Good!!! Seek Revenge! Good!!!!! 

Edited by SaturnianBlue

55 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Well, once the workers realize Gus got them even worse working conditions, a new leader will emerge, organize the workers, and lead a communist revolution.  Probably one of those guys who's already waving a red flag near the VAB door.

Yep. The assembly team will end up being the model of non-production.

1 hour ago, GDJ said:

But there is a potential wildcard here: Anybody seen Valentina Kerman in a while?

Heck, for being the first female in space and all the related endorsements and media coverage, she's gotta be good for at least 5% of KSC stock.

i ca see the KSC staff will end up owning 120%-something of the stocks :P

4 hours ago, GDJ said:

Finally someone notices Val is missing from Volume 2! She'll be seen on the next chapter, I promise! But don't count on her to save the KSC... Here's the current share distribution of KSC Stock, for those of you who are like Mort:

• The Cabal: 41% (bought at the IPO)
  • Jeb: 10% (5% from Jeb, 5% bought by Jeb's Junkyard at the IPO)
  • Ground Crew: 10%
  • Bill: 3%
  • Bob: 3%
  • Val: 3%
  • Gene: 4%
  • Wernher and the rest of the staff: 2,5%
  • Average kerbals who just wanted to contribute: 20,5% (bought at the IPO)
  • @GDJ: 3% (yes, it's canon)

So yeah, Mort got carried away and sold even his own stock.

Edited by Parkaboy
Retcon

That's 97% of all shares accounted for. Who has the remaining 3%? Will one more member of the cabal turn or is there another way out? Maybe one of the anomalies will get the stock market and change a few figures. Supposing that the shares are somewhere in the persistence file...

ME! I OWN THE LAST 3%! MUHAHAHHAHAAAAAA!

image.php?u=17115&dateline=1411850068

ps. Yeah, If I was a Kerbal I would look like this.

pps. Actually I don't own any stock. I'm kind of a weird old hermit....lives out in the desert....plays around with some alien tech.....looks like a stick with some light shooting out....starts the fire for my dinner...

Edited by GDJ

1 hour ago, Chemp said:

That's 97% of all shares accounted for. Who has the remaining 3%? Will one more member of the cabal turn or is there another way out? Maybe one of the anomalies will get the stock market and change a few figures. Supposing that the shares are somewhere in the persistence file...

1 hour ago, GDJ said:

ME! I OWN THE LAST 3%! MUHAHAHHAHAAAAAA!

image.php?u=17115&dateline=1411850068

ps. Yeah, If I was a Kerbal I would look like this.

There you go: @GDJ owns the remaining 3%. That's canon! Unfortunately it's not enough to flip the table, so Johnsen is still the boss... So I guess we should get used to it!

2 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

There you go: @GDJ owns the remaining 3%. That's canon! Unfortunately it's not enough to flip the table, so Johnsen is still the boss... So I guess we should get used to it!

I know it's illegal, but you could make a few thousand more shares, and sell them to KSC.  That way, KSC would own KSC, and everything would be happy.

31 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

I know it's illegal, but you could make a few thousand more shares, and sell them to KSC.  That way, KSC would own KSC, and everything would be happy.

They couldn't issue more shares without authorization from the shareholders and the company, so that wouldn't work. If they're going to break the rules, they might as well mutiny!

45 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

They couldn't issue more shares without authorization from the shareholders and the company, so that wouldn't work. If they're going to break the rules, they might as well mutiny!

Open up KSC2!

Have everyone quit.  No staff = no work.

57 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

Open up KSC2!

Have everyone quit.  No staff = no work.

Done already. Kuzzter did that.

39 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

#IslandAirfield FTW!

Hmm....possible. Hasn't been done yet.

Edited by GDJ

Wild Blue Industries could probably make a go of that 20.5% average kerbal stock seeing as they appear to be prime contractor for the colony tech. :) Still wouldn't be enough though, heh. Then again, they might be doing the noble thing and selling products at cost. Wouldn't put it past them. They should have WBI's sales team suggest a look at DSEV tech. Their fusion engine can help ignore launch windows with the right amount of fuel...

Edited by Angel-125

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.