[1.12.5] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Pak

8 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

I have much hype for this! So I understand youre doing the STME, but what does that mean for the Vectors (as they seem to be the SSME analogue in KSP)?

Vectors will still work fine if you want to use them. STMEs are mainly lighter and lower thrust with slightly better VAC isp

1 hour ago, Noah_Blade said:

Sweet! HYPE SHUTTLE TO THE KSS :0.0:

btw @Pak will there be energia boosters and ET?

I'll be doing some alternate parts like a nosecone and engine cluster for the block 2 LRBs and a 3rd ET texture

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes he already showed it to me.

Saboteur.

23 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

@Pak, could you include LH2 configs for the stack/KS-25/STME (when it's added) for those of us who like to use CRP/CryoEngines?

Yeah probably, not likely at the initial release of the stack though.

Firespitter was updated this morning, so all the textures and mesh switches are back to work without any input from me. So everything should be functional with 1.2 when it releases

If I have time tonight I'll try to get the EDO pack with the 1.2 shuttle balance and aero updates out.

I'm not completely happy with the re-balance, but I'm suspecting some deeper issues that might be causing phantom drag so it'll likely take some part restructuring to fix completely.

With that said though it's still like 80% of how I want it so I won't feel gross releasing it. I'll post more details tonight (or whenever I get the 1.2 release out)

Hey guys.

The 1.2 update will go up on spacedock once the 1.2 tag is available. Until then I've made it available on github

https://github.com/Pak84/Cormorant-Aeronology/releases

On to the new stuff;

Shuttle Rebalance

The most obvious change will be that the shuttle has added about 15 tons of dry mass. Apologies to your ET stacks, but I wanted to bring it closer to the scaled mass of the real shuttle though it's still quite a bit lighter than that. With the increased mass, expect a loss of dV with the OMS. I'll be looking at fuel values again once I have time to test it, but for now you'll probably have to add some spare monoprop tanks.

The increased mass rolls right into the rebalanced aero. The CoM and CoL has moved up closer where it should be and moves less with fuel drain. 

JX3nBdn.png?1

EDO Pack

The new MMU racks have some little collider issues that I wasn't able to clean up yet but they're not too bad. If you dock crooked, expect a little kick in the pants if you undock the MMU again. There's likely some cfg stuff that I need to clean up yet and career balancing to do, but I won't have much time to work again until the weekend so I wanted to get this pushed out now.

Note: The food box will only show up if you have either Kerbalism or Snacks installed. If you do happen to see it without those, it's just an empty box.

7pCNwRy.jpg

Immediate Future Plans

I'm going to take a little pause on new parts (sort of) and clean things up that I couldn't quite get to for 1.2 and older things that I'd still like to look at.

Things like the MMU colliders, shuttle fuel values, maybe some restructuring/retexturing and whatever else I feel like doing.

The ET stack update is chugging along as well, so more news there will be along as I get more of it in game, but the early testing has gone suspiciously smoothly.

Good luck and happy space-ing

Edited by Pak

12 hours ago, Pak said:

If you dock crooked, expect a little kick in the pants if you undock the MMU again. There's likely some cfg stuff that I need to clean up yet and career balancing to do, but I won't have much time to work again until the weekend so I wanted to get this pushed out now.

Hurray for updates! For the mmu docking, the angle snap parameters added to the docking modules in recent versions are probably the ticket. Unfortunately I'm at work, so I don't have a handy link to a mod using the new code... Does anyone in the peanut gallery have a handy example? Perhaps BDB and or tantares?

Hey @Pak,

Sorry if this is a known issue, but I've been having issues with the texture replacer part of this mod, which allows toggling between thermal/stock textures, and also the different versions of the shuttle nose and cargo bay. The issue is, it's not working at all. I updated to 1.2 yesterday and went to go update Cormorant Aeronology to the latest version, and upon loading my game, my ISS which had the EC Pallet couldn't load because it was apparently missing. To remedy this, I used an older version of the mod (the zip is titled "ShuttleLiftingBody.somethingsomething.zip") which was known to work previously without issue. However upon loading my game in 1.2 I found my shuttle's parts no longer had thermal textures or the option to toggle them, and the option to toggle buran/shuttle style was gone. I'm thinking the texturereplacer was the culprit. I've tried the new release on GitHub, the old "shuttleliftingbody.zip" stuff I had originally pre-update, to no avail.

Am I missing something? Is this a known issue? Is it a 1.2 compatibility issue? I'm lost at this point...any help you can give is appreciated.

-Steely Jim

22 hours ago, Pak said:

Note: The food box will only show up if you have either Kerbalism or Snacks installed. If you do happen to see it without those, it's just an empty box.

Hello!

I suggest adding support for USI Life Support for those boxes too, if could be feasible!

Thanks for the great mod!

@FellipeC, Thanks

On USI lifesupport or any other similar mods that people use;

I only have experience with Kerbalism and don't have time to test/balance a bunch of different life supports. So if you use a thing and would like to see it supported, do a little testing and provide some values (or preferably an @part patch).

Some Parameters;

A standard shuttle with 2 food boxes should provide something around 3-4 weeks of food

The EDO pallet can add an additional 3-4 weeks of oxygen as well as scrubbers

*times in 6 hour Kerbin clock

If anyone decides to put something together feel free to PM me the results. Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.