[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 7/14/2023 at 8:25 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Fun from Twitter

EDIT: OH! Also, Viking update - I made a really nice launch adapter for it.

F09wlJdXsAYEhQy?format=jpg&name=medium

F09wnqjWwAAa56O?format=jpg&name=large

Looking amazing! I could probably scrape together a lander design for this myself if needed.

Some more Atlas engine progress. This is the MA3 power pack for Atlas E/F which had fully independent LR89 booster engines. As such the booster skirt had a different shape for packaging compared to other Atlases.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/206472058228572162/1130211779411189791/image.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/929499313132933120/1130211637194915880/image.png

As already discussed, for the other LR89/RS-56OBA models, the shared power head was not practical to model so this simplified chamber will be provided. There will be mesh switches on the booster skirt for the exhaust from the implied shared turbo pumps. This is the MA2 power pack as an example.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/206472058228572162/1130215766248145007/image.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/206472058228572162/1130216541800124448/image.png

Edited by Zorg

What if the Saturn V, but all of the stages?
dtqqDBG.png
qsnBsnd.png
IWej0tu.png
bhkfdhd.png
FUKBrtZ.png
09q7yla.png
q6V0BuP.png
vjRXpO1.png
2jtr9dl.png
R53KeJV.png
I'm calling it Uranus V, because we all know Uranus is the most memeable planet for...reasons.

Sorry I've been out for a hot minute. Work's kept me busy. Also other games and America Day celebrations.

22 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Looking amazing! I could probably scrape together a lander design for this myself if needed.

Oh, rest assured, the Viking lander is coming hecc or high water. I actually just got my hands on Akron's lander model, and it is as GORGEOUS as I remember.

But since that is still a far way off... I was thinking I might get the orbiter parts in game when they are ready.

8 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

I'm very glad to see an Atlas expansion.

Yeah the team has only been talking about it for 3 or 4 years now. Glad it's finally happening.

12 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

What if the Saturn V, but all of the stages?

Hey bro I heard you like staging events

On 7/17/2023 at 10:20 AM, GoldForest said:

@Blufor878 You forgot a stage. :P 

220px-Centaur-propellant-system.jpg

(Unless you just put it under the fairings and didn't show it)

I really need to make a Patch for the S-V stage so it can have its proper non-balloon structure to go along with the RL-10B3 engines already in the Pafftek extras folder.

Heavier but a lower boil-off rate...    Now I gotta figure out how to config that :D

As Cobalt is working on Viking Orbiter (and working his way towards Mariner 8/9) and Zorg is working on Atlas, I've decided to get back to finishing Mariner 6/7! It uses some of the same parts from my Mariner 3/4 part set (the bus, the engine, louvers, etc) along with new parts like its high-gain antenna, canopus tracker, low-gain antenna, and scan platform. Not sure when it's gonna get done but I've been making some decent progress on it.

Capture.png

Capture.PNG

Capture.png

您好,我可以问一下这个模组支持现实的大修吗?

Hi, may I ask if this mod supports reality overhaul?

Edited by Vanamonde
Please post in English when not using the International subforums.

3 hours ago, peter_12 said:

您好,我可以问一下这个模组支持现实的大修吗?

RO团队已经很久没更新BDB的补丁了,这个mod近期出的部件不支持RO

The RO config for BDB has not been updated for a while. For recent parts in BDB, the answer is no.

10 hours ago, peter_12 said:

Hi, may I ask if this mod supports reality overhaul?

5 hours ago, peter_12 said:

Is it RSS compatible?

You want to use the RO parts mods, ROEngines, ROCapsules, etc. They use their own version of the BDB models.

image.png
image.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

12 hours ago, peter_12 said:

您好,我可以问一下这个模组支持现实的大修吗?

If you are using Realism Overhaul, you should install Realism Overhaul using CKAN. CKAN is an application which manages mods for this game. Here is the link to the CKAN Github page: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases

In CKAN, search for something called "Realistic Progression One (RP-1) Express Install". You should install that. It will automatically install everything mandatory for use with Realism Overhaul.

Certain parts from Bluedog Design Bureau are included in Realism Overhaul by default. Spacecraft for crew from this mod are included in Realism Overhaul. Not everything from this mod is in Realism Overhaul though. If you want to use the entirety of Bluedog Design Bureau, you cannot use Realism Overhaul because they will not work together. If you try to use Bluedog Design Bureau with Real Solar System, it will not work because the rockets in this mod are designed for a solar system that is smaller than the real one.

I hope all of this translates properly for you with whatever translation method you use. If there is any confusion, I am happy to clarify if you ask.

1 hour ago, peter_12 said:

thanks for answer!However, when I loaded the Saturn V under RSS, its F1 engine proportions and fuel tank were severely out of sync (I had tuned and scaled installed)

RO通过cfg文件的rescalefactor调整部件大小,不需要安装tweakscale,把tweakscale删掉再试试

RO simply use Rescalefactor to adjust the size of parts, I guess tweakscale overwrites the patch of RO, you should not install tweakscale

5 hours ago, peter_12 said:

thanks for answer!However, when I loaded the Saturn V under RSS, its F1 engine proportions and fuel tank were severely out of sync (I had tuned and scaled installed)

First, the included BDB craft files will not work at all in RO, they are built using the standard parts and thus part placements will not get rescaled when you move to RO. You will have to build your own from scratch.

Second, RO essentially creates their own parts using the BDB models, and rescales them appropriately, so I don't even thing the part names would stay the same. They don't rescale the fuel tanks at all, but they do include a select few of them, mostly the Saturn V tanks, in the modular fuel tanks that are a part of ROTanks, which is a part of the Realism Overhaul suite of mods.

Is Kerbalism support included/planned for this mod? I have a career save with kerbalism and BDB. However, the BDB contracts don't work with kerbalism - e.g., the leo docking contract specifies a 'micrometeorite scan'  to be recovered, however the kerbalism science overhaul doesn't allow this data to be recovered, and the contract can't be completed. Any help would be much appreciated.

36 minutes ago, space_otter said:

Is Kerbalism support included/planned for this mod? I have a career save with kerbalism and BDB. However, the BDB contracts don't work with kerbalism - e.g., the leo docking contract specifies a 'micrometeorite scan'  to be recovered, however the kerbalism science overhaul doesn't allow this data to be recovered, and the contract can't be completed. Any help would be much appreciated.

You probably need to ask the Kerbalism team. They know how to write compatibility better than the BDB team are likely to. I might consider writing a proper Kerbalism patch at some point, but there's no guarantee and I currently have other projects. It's a complicated mod to provide correct compatibility for.

For right now, if you want to use BDB parts and have proper support for Kerbalism and you don't want to write your own patch, I can only recommend RP-1 - though that lacks most of BDB besides the crew capsules and a few other parts (and I believe some engine models in ROEngines).

Edited by septemberWaves