[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 8/18/2023 at 4:30 AM, DeltaDizzy said:

Gotten back into the game recently and have been doing a "visit every planet, land if possible but orbit (for scansat) absolutely" run. Additional rule is no replica payloads and that has made it quite fun indeed! The orbiter program is SUNBEAM and the lander program is FRESNEL.

FRESNEL 2 (1 went to minmus)

LdpbWY5.png

Tomorrow will add on my Eve/Duna orbiters (SUNBEAM Block 2/2+), my Dres orbiter (SUNBEAM Block 3) and later on my eve/duna landers (FRESNEL Block 2)

Love the Fresnel design! and talking about playthroughs mine is something similar but I decided on making a contract pack for it and following historical missions using JNSQ. Still got some work to do and loads of testing before a release and of course adding some of the "what ifs" missions like the Venus flyby and making some contracts for the exploration of the rest of the system.

Here's my current mission tree.

Edited by Gupyzer0
deleting a word

On 8/18/2023 at 3:28 PM, Zorg said:

We dont scale payload weight using the 25% rule. As a baseline we take the IRL mass (excluding prop mass) and then adjust as needed for performance.

We will take a close look at this sort of thing once the lander is available. But its not unknown for us to use IRL thrust or even overscaled thrust where necessary ( I think the peacekeeper Post boost vehicle has overscaled thrust, and I dont remember exactly but the LMAE and LMDE are I think somewhere between IRL and 25%).

Anyway rest assured we will work to find a good balance between having an impression of the real thing and usability.

It might be too early to ask this. I guess the upcoming voyager will use IRL mass, but the Centaur D/Star37 upper stage for voyager was using 25% scale. The star37 is way underpowered for an IRL scale voyager.

Edited by zw_45

47 minutes ago, Syczek said:

Getting error with b9partswitch at GeminiEquipment module : H2O2 and none,the hell that means??

Are you running Skyhawk Science System and/or Kerbalism or something like that?  They add resources and sometime don't add the correct definitions.   It's not technically a BDB issue.

Edited by Friznit

5 minutes ago, Friznit said:

Are you running Skyhawk Science System and/or Kerbalism or something like that?  They add resources and sometime don't add the correct definitions.   It's not technically a BDB issue.

Gemini config states those two resources and no i don't have those 2 mods,only tacls

taken from bluedog_Gemini_EquipmentModule

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
        switcherDescription = Fuel Cell Config
        switcherDescriptionPlural = Fuel Cell Configs
        moduleID = fuelCellSwitch
        baseVolume = 0

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = None
            title = None
            descriptionSummary = No frills.
            descriptionDetail = Lightest and cheapest option.
            defaultSubtypePriority = 0
            addedMass = 0.0
            addedCost = 0

MODULE
            {
                IDENTIFIER
                {
                    name = ModuleResourceConverter
                }

moduleActive = False
            }
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = MonoProp
            title = Monopropellant
            descriptionSummary = Produces 40 EC per 1 kg of Monopropellant
            descriptionDetail = A simple device that consumes Monopropellant to produce EC.
            defaultSubtypePriority = 1
            addedMass = 0.05
            addedCost = 750
        }

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = H2O2
            title = Hydrogen/Oxygen
            descriptionSummary = Produces 2695 EC per 1 kg of H2/O2.
            descriptionDetail = Efficient fuel cell that does not consume Monopropellant. Hydrogen and Oxygen are combined to produce EC and water.
            defaultSubtypePriority = 0
            addedMass = 0.3
            addedCost = 2250
            volumeAdded = 80
            tankType = bdbSupplyH2O2

MODULE
            {
                IDENTIFIER
                {
                    name = ModuleResourceConverter
                }

DATA
                {
                    INPUT_RESOURCE
                    {
                        ResourceName = Hydrogen
                        Ratio = 0.7
                        FlowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
                    }
                    INPUT_RESOURCE
                    {
                        ResourceName = Oxygen
                        Ratio = 0.35
                        FlowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
                    }
                    OUTPUT_RESOURCE
                    {
                        ResourceName = ElectricCharge
                        Ratio = 1.5
                        DumpExcess = True
                    }
                    OUTPUT_RESOURCE
                    {
                        ResourceName = Water
                        Ratio = 0.00055556
                        DumpExcess = True
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

Edited by Syczek

18 minutes ago, Syczek said:

Gemini config states those two resources and no i don't have those 2 mods,only tacls

If you can post your KSP.log (from the main KSP folder, post the whole thing to google drive or something, zip it to make it much smaller), I'll take a look.

It's probably another mod changing the "ModuleResourceConverter" on the part though, causing the B9PS module to not find it and throw the error.

Edited by Rodger

On 8/19/2023 at 5:56 AM, Awesomesauce1337 said:

Created a CFG to add Landertron capability to lander parts. Not sure where to put it so I'm slapping it here.  Take a peek if you use Landertron.

https://github.com/awesomesauce1337/BDB_Landertron

Does that module only do stuff if activated? Ie, won't do anything unexpected if a craft happens to have it, without activating it? If so, and you're happy with it being used, I can probably include it in the default patches or optional extras.

Edit: I've had a play, and have yet to get it to work well lol. Any examples of how to use it so it works correctly?

Edited by Rodger

59 minutes ago, Syczek said:

If you right-click save-link-as this: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/master/Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/TAC-LS/Command.cfg and replace the one in your GameData/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/TAC-LS/ it should fix it

6 hours ago, Rodger said:

Does that module only do stuff if activated? Ie, won't do anything unexpected if a craft happens to have it, without activating it? If so, and you're happy with it being used, I can probably include it in the default patches or optional extras.

Edit: I've had a play, and have yet to get it to work well lol. Any examples of how to use it so it works correctly?

You arm it similar to a parachute (via staging or action group); then you go for a landing. When the conditions are met (depends on mode), it will auto-fire the landertrons to slow the craft down (like how a parachute auto-deploys and inflates).

Bigyihsuan explained it best. The biggest issue I've found is that it goes late on low TWR crafts and early on the "feetshield".

For optimal use, I've found it works best on the lunar landers once you've cancelled all horizontal momentum and are only going straight down waiting for the suicide burn. 
If you deem it worthy you can put it in the extras folder if you like, I feel it fits the bill for a "Use at your own risk" patch.

16 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Is that EUS atop of a modified Delta Heavy? Also, interesting color. 

Thank you! I honestly didn't base myself off of the Delta IV or Heavy (despite the glaring similarity). Fairly certain I underscaled the first stage and gave it a normal sized ICPS as a second stage. 

TACSAT/TACOMSAT is done and on Github (under the dev branch)! This big boy was a geostationary military communications satellite built by Hughes Aircraft and launched in 1969. Features a spin-stabilized bus with a big tracking antenna array. TACSAT was quite a large satellite for the US at the time, being two stories tall and launched by itself on a Titan IIIC, a rocket usually reserved for multi-payload launches. It was one of the largest barrel sats that Hughes made, which is saying something.

screenshot264.png

screenshot265.png

Spoiler

screenshot257.png

screenshot259.png

screenshot262.png

screenshot263.png

screenshot264.png

screenshot265.png

Using this bus, JUMPSEAT can be kitbashed. JUMPSEAT was a signals reconnaissance satellite launched on a Titan IIIB. JUMPSEAT is classified, but it is known that its bus was based on TACSAT's. I might come back and make a part that would be an attempt at what JUMPSEAT might look like, but for now this will do:

screenshot273.png

Spoiler

screenshot266.png

screenshot268.png

screenshot272.png

screenshot273.png

Edited by Invaderchaos

2 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

TACSAT/TACOMSAT is done and on Github (under the dev branch)! This big boy was a military communications satellite built by Hughes Aircraft and launched in1969. Features a spin-stabilized bus with a big tracking antenna array. TACSAT was quite a large satellite for the US at the time, being two stories tall and launched by itself on a Titan IIIC, a rocket usually reserved for multi-payload launches. It was one of the largest barrel sats that Hughes made, which is saying something.

screenshot264.png

screenshot265.png

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot257.png

screenshot259.png

screenshot262.png

screenshot263.png

screenshot264.png

screenshot265.png

Using this bus, JUMPSEAT can be kitbashed. JUMPSEAT was a signals reconnaissance satellite launched on a Titan IIIB. JUMPSEAT is classified, but it is known that its bus was based on TACSAT's. I might come back and make a part that would be an attempt at what JUMPSEAT might look like, but for now this will do:

screenshot273.png

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot266.png

screenshot268.png

screenshot272.png

screenshot273.png

impressive 

4 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Using this bus, JUMPSEAT can be kitbashed. JUMPSEAT was a signals reconnaissance satellite launched on a Titan IIIB. JUMPSEAT is classified, but it is known that its bus was based on TACSAT's. I might come back and make a part that would be an attempt at what JUMPSEAT might look like

Where do i vote for it? :D

Edited by Alpha512

4 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Using this bus, JUMPSEAT can be kitbashed. JUMPSEAT was a signals reconnaissance satellite launched on a Titan IIIB. JUMPSEAT is classified, but it is known that its bus was based on TACSAT's. I might come back and make a part that would be an attempt at what JUMPSEAT might look like

Where do i vote for it? :D

Sorry 4 double posting, it's my laggy internet connection :c

Edited by Alpha512