[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

Should the telstar antena be a relay?

Probably... the ones that come to mind as not belonging to a relay would be the Mariner ones, which are long range omnis and should be balanced as, letting a probe talk home pretty far, but not enough bandwidth to relay.

Also, me and @Jso have decided to go ahead with bundling Community Resource Pack in the next release, and having cryogenic engines by default. The Github has been updated to reflect that. Right now, since CRP isn't ready for 1.2, we have a temporary resource definition for the lqdHydrogen resource. It's just too hard to keep the performance balance straight without the LH/O.

Also, if you're doing testing on the Saturn stuff, please PM me for a link to our modders Discord server (mostly text chat but I will also be on voice) so we can do some real time feedback and working through everything. Gonna be a long night tonight everyone. Probably no stream, but @akron is going to be hosting his development stream on the Discord all night as well and I will be hanging out there.

I would just like to say that this mod is one of my favorite and most used mods. If you ever need a beta tester... sign me up. I've also been working on getting some pics for you of the Atlas II's Hydrazine Roll Control System. I know some people....

15 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Me and Jso are still working on getting all the Saturn stuff updated. If you want to try it right now, check the image below. The official beta release will be later tonight.

~snip~

neato! will get to testing!

btw what will the beta be called? 0.20? 0.90? 0.12? :P

1 hour ago, Nnimrod said:

You're one awesome guy @CobaltWolf

Thanks!

Hey y'all, my desktop is still struggling to handle life, but the good news is @akron is streaming on Twitch tonight! Come on to chill, as well as probably get early notice once the beta release is available.

Edited by CobaltWolf

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hey y'all, specifically @Araym and @Avalon304 (since you've been testing heavily) I am having an issue. I can't seem to get the Saturn 1C retros to work. I have them in the cfg, have the proper thrustTransforms in Unity, but still nothing. I have to run errands for an hour or so. If anyone has a moment, can they fiddle with it and see what I did wrong? Make sure you redownload everything, I've updated stuff to where it is in my gamedata right now. So new Apollo textures, etc. Also, there are a bunch of issues on the Github for the Saturn and the Apollo that I've fixed, but not tested. Thing like this one and this one. If I could get verification on whether those work I'd appreciate it. Note that right now I'm waiting on word from @Jso on how to configure the new animated decoupler module he made, so the umbilical for the Apollo acts strange.

On a related note, we need help with things like tech tree placement, updating compatibility for things like Tweakscale, making sure all the new parts have proper names and descriptions. Any volunteers for help with that would be greatly appreciated!

Cobalt, I will take a look tonight. What retros do you mean, just so I can be clear on what I am testing.

EDIT: If you have anything else let me know, and I'll run tests on that stuff too, and report back.

Edited by Avalon304

13 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Cobalt, I will take a look tonight. What retros do you mean, just so I can be clear on what I am testing.

EDIT: If you have anything else let me know, and I'll run tests on that stuff too, and report back.

Retros are working now. I just want people to play with the Saturn and Apollo stuff now.