[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Genuine question - is there anything that would stop someone from being able to use BDB v1.12.0 in KSP 1.12.3? Or is there some difference that means you should use the latest version of KSP?

49 minutes ago, Fox62 said:

Genuine question - is there anything that would stop someone from being able to use BDB v1.12.0 in KSP 1.12.3? Or is there some difference that means you should use the latest version of KSP?

Absolutely nothing. I use 1.12.3, because I'm too lazy to update. 1.12.4 and 1.12.5 didn't change anything that affect mods.

Hey, I am just putting some random ideas here (some may have already been asked/posted but I can't be be bothered to read all 1100+ pages)

My first idea would be a MEM lander and or tug. I think someone may have already asked this so I wont go further. (also I am aware there is a MEM mod already, although I think it may be partially outdated)

The second idea I have is possible LASS (LM Adapter Surface Station) parts? I have seem pictures of people who have made their own versions (kitbashes though), but I don't think we have any actually dedicated parts for it.

Those are really the only ideas I have for now. BUT, I was wondering how to access the new MORL on the github? I heard that you guys had some MORL parts (and hopefully a craft file, as I suck at building) on the github, but when I checked (and downloaded the newest version) I couldn't find the parts.

Edit: I did find a MORL part, it was only the gemini ferry module though

Edited by Kaleta
Edited because I wanted to say I found one part. Thats it.

1 hour ago, Kaleta said:

Hey, I am just putting some random ideas here (some may have already been asked/posted but I can't be be bothered to read all 1100+ pages)

My first idea would be a MEM lander and or tug. I think someone may have already asked this so I wont go further. (also I am aware there is a MEM mod already, although I think it may be partially outdated)

The second idea I have is possible LASS (LM Adapter Surface Station) parts? I have seem pictures of people who have made their own versions (kitbashes though), but I don't think we have any actually dedicated parts for it.

Those are really the only ideas I have for now. BUT, I was wondering how to access the new MORL on the github? I heard that you guys had some MORL parts (and hopefully a craft file, as I suck at building) on the github, but when I checked (and downloaded the newest version) I couldn't find the parts.

Edit: I did find a MORL part, it was only the gemini ferry module though

Have you tried  the 1.11 dev version 

3 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

This is probably outside of the scope of BDB, but I think a set of parts for an LLRV could be pretty cool... I can see parts of it being pretty lego-able, too.

LLRV? 

21 hours ago, Kaleta said:

Personally, a MEM Lander and NERVA Tug inspired by the Space Task Group would be great, but it's all on the BDB team.

Edited by davidy12

On 6/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, kspbutitscursed said:

Have you tried  the 1.11 dev version 

Ah, thank you! It's working perfectly now, also the parts are absolutely beautiful :D

A few more things, one is a question; How do I turn off the engine ignitor mod/system? As a new player I find it quite hard to use rockets with this. (apart from the CSM service module engine, that has like 50 ignitors :o) In fact, while I was doing my first Apollo recreation (which also is my first mun landing with parallax 2.0!), the LM descent engine decided to not ignite. Annoying, but it's okay I have 2 ignites left. It works again but I have to disable the engine because the first ignition was for de-orbit. I ignite it again to land, but the game decides my luck is too bad, so it fails and I had no ignitors left. I ended up landing using hyperedit but.... it's not the same as landing properly :/ Sometime later I will try again (except this time with a rover and a science control station as I somehow forgot most of the things I took needed it :/), but until then I will be playing around with the new voyager mars (as i found out that interestingly, most of it doesn't have the ignite mod thingo gizmo gadget...(???))

Oh and, just one little question about development, will there be a Grumman LSS rover? (There isn't much out there about it, the only pictures I could find were ones combining it with the LESA and/or ALSS, and a 1-man version mockup from the early 60s) There is already a large rover platform for the LM truck in this mod so I was thinking if that exists, maybe the LSS could be a thing? Also, I'll add some pictures below later, but in short it kind of looks like the 1992 project PLR.

Lunar Driving Simulator History\

Apollo Applications for Long-Duration Lunar Missions. Most of NASA's... |  Download Scientific Diagram

I present to thee the Saturn ID!

A whopping 14002 m/s of Delta V at sea level! (without payload of course)

I'm using a stretched S-IVB fuel tank for the first stage and for some reason it allows you to stuff way more fuel into it than what is normal.

The Saturn ID in all its glory https://imgur.com/a/7iz7KsQ

The fuel capacity of the Saturn I and Saturn IB's first stage fuel tank https://imgur.com/a/WwU0jKU

The fuel capacity of the Saturn IC's first stage fuel tank https://imgur.com/a/JVlAtyy

The fuel capacity of the Saturn ID's first stage fuel tank (6m Extension S-IVB) https://imgur.com/a/IivpfGx

Edited by BorfoandShnogs

2 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

I have no interest in probes at the moment because Manned Spaceflight is more awesome! :cool:

Probes often help pave the way to more effective manned missions.

1 hour ago, Kaleta said:

Ah, thank you! It's working perfectly now, also the parts are absolutely beautiful :D

A few more things, one is a question; How do I turn off the engine ignitor mod/system? As a new player I find it quite hard to use rockets with this. (apart from the CSM service module engine, that has like 50 ignitors :o) In fact, while I was doing my first Apollo recreation (which also is my first mun landing with parallax 2.0!), the LM descent engine decided to not ignite. Annoying, but it's okay I have 2 ignites left. It works again but I have to disable the engine because the first ignition was for de-orbit. I ignite it again to land, but the game decides my luck is too bad, so it fails and I had no ignitors left. I ended up landing using hyperedit but.... it's not the same as landing properly :/ Sometime later I will try again (except this time with a rover and a science control station as I somehow forgot most of the things I took needed it :/), but until then I will be playing around with the new voyager mars (as i found out that interestingly, most of it doesn't have the ignite mod thingo gizmo gadget...(???))

Oh and, just one little question about development, will there be a Grumman LSS rover? (There isn't much out there about it, the only pictures I could find were ones combining it with the LESA and/or ALSS, and a 1-man version mockup from the early 60s) There is already a large rover platform for the LM truck in this mod so I was thinking if that exists, maybe the LSS could be a thing? Also, I'll add some pictures below later, but in short it kind of looks like the 1992 project PLR.

Uninstall the engine ignitor mod.  It can be a fun realism challenge; but honestly the 50 lights on the CMS is their way of saying hypergolic systems are limitless relights.

Edited by RocketBoy1641
I swear I know the differance between hypergolic and hyperbolic

1 hour ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

I present to thee the Saturn ID!

A whopping 14002 m/s of Delta V at sea level! (without payload of course)

I'm using a stretched S-IVB fuel tank for the first stage and for some reason it allows you to stuff way more fuel into it than what is normal.

The Saturn ID in all its glory https://imgur.com/a/7iz7KsQ

The fuel capacity of the Saturn I and Saturn IB's first stage fuel tank https://imgur.com/a/WwU0jKU

The fuel capacity of the Saturn IC's first stage fuel tank https://imgur.com/a/JVlAtyy

The fuel capacity of the Saturn ID's first stage fuel tank (6m Extension S-IVB) https://imgur.com/a/IivpfGx

I stuffed an LEM and CSM onto it, way less impressive Delta V of 8480 m/s at sea level :(

2 hours ago, Kaleta said:

new voyager mars (as i found out that interestingly, most of it doesn't have the ignite mod thingo gizmo gadget...(???))

that would be because it has not been updated to work with engine igniter yet is my best guess

i am glad you are enjoying yourself

happy landings

1 hour ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

Uninstall the engine ignitor mod.  It can be a fun realism challenge; but honestly the 50 lights on the CMS is their way of saying hypergolic systems are limitless relights.

Why thank you! Yeah I guess my brain just forgot that it was probably a mod included with the pack that BDB's download comes with :/

Also may or may not have been playing around with Voyager mars, or I guess Voyager Duna (Never really a fan of RSS, it's nice but stock system has it's funny little quirks). 
Also it seems that to post images I need a URL? Kind of annoying but I can just post images to discord and use that URL.

Additional message: Parallax 2.0 is frickin' amazing!!!!!! I love it so much that I don't even know how to explain it!!!!! :D

image.pngimage.png

11 minutes ago, Kaleta said:

Why thank you! Yeah I guess my brain just forgot that it was probably a mod included with the pack that BDB's download comes with :/

Also may or may not have been playing around with Voyager mars, or I guess Voyager Duna (Never really a fan of RSS, it's nice but stock system has it's funny little quirks). 
Also it seems that to post images I need a URL? Kind of annoying but I can just post images to discord and use that URL.

Additional message: Parallax 2.0 is frickin' amazing!!!!!! I love it so much that I don't even know how to explain it!!!!! :D

image.pngimage.png

nice screenshots

i also cannot wait for viking