[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

7 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Honestly, I have a gtx980, which is approximately 1000 miles below min spec for KSP 2. Yet in KSP 1 I can run 90+ mods (~17k mm patches), tons of which are part mods, all the usual suspects for graphics (doe/ps/scatterer/eve/tufx) on both KSRSS and JNSQ, and I get 20-30fps on launch, 30-40 during ascent, and 50+ in space (capped at 60), running at 2650x1440.  I'm very fortunate my potato hardware performs pretty well.

i have a GTX 1050 Ti but only 8 gigs of ram no wonder my laptop has its fans running so fast lol

with a CPU I7-7700

how much RAM do you have 

new page 

Edited by kspbutitscursed

On 10/14/2022 at 5:06 PM, Rodger said:

My secret project's been found out! :o :D

Hope people enjoy the new LM IVA! I've been working on it over the last three weeks, and there are plans for slightly more customized IVAs for the other LM variants (though the taxi has a variant with a 3rd seat at least, and the lab and LM shelter have one without the engine cover already). Also probably some new props to go with them. I also need to set up clickable window camera views still too.

And for people who want to customize the control panels with MAS or other IVA mods, the white overlay on the control panel is able to be disabled, to allow for fully custom layouts.

are there going to be new apollo CM iva's in th next update 

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Honestly, I have a gtx980, which is approximately 1000 miles below min spec for KSP 2. Yet in KSP 1 I can run 90+ mods (~17k mm patches), tons of which are part mods, all the usual suspects for graphics (doe/ps/scatterer/eve/tufx) on both KSRSS and JNSQ, and I get 20-30fps on launch, 30-40 during ascent, and 50+ in space (capped at 60), running at 2650x1440.  I'm very fortunate my potato hardware performs pretty well.

They will get optimized.... some day.... maybe.

On 6/7/2023 at 10:38 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

according to the screen, i have an i7-4790K CPU @ 4Ghz and I have 16GB de la RAM del dia del vista del mar. 

when ever i load up KSRSS at full res textures the laptop just quits and the game dies it usually take around 10 minutes to load

9 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

when ever i load up KSRSS at full res textures the laptop just quits and the game dies it usually take around 10 minutes to load

Remember, it isn't just the game and your computer... it is what mods you use.    Everyone's loading experience will vary by mod and by PC features... so hard to pin down a good "load time."

Does anyone have a complete Sarnus/Kane craft file with the lander and a MRV of the type that needs Breaking Ground DLC to work properly? I built the rover just fine... but then I spent a futile hour and a half trying to get the hinge thing on the lander to even pretend like it'd eventually go the right way, only to also be informed by internet search that it's basically impossible to merge in a completed rover, unless I want to carry it on top of my command module instead. And I don't even want to think about which surface I'm going to have to temporarily attach the chassis to as I build it all over again, plus I never could get the hinge assembly to actually sit properly.  

16 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I don't know if you'll find this helpful or not, but here's how I do it:

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, so that's which way the hinge is supposed to sit. Well, I'll get around to it after I restart the entire save because the game decided I wanted my magnetometer in 4x symmetry and blocked the only hatch out of the lander, and I didn't make a bunch of earlier saves.

Anyone have any info about attempts to make stages recoverable/reusable in the 1960s/1970s?

The only info I currently have at my fingertips is the ideas for the Strurn S1C and the STS.  What I am more interested in info on Atlas/Thor/Delta/Titan/SRBs ideas.....preferably more than pipe dreams.

TY in advance

5 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

Anyone have any info about attempts to make stages recoverable/reusable in the 1960s/1970s?

Sea Dragon, a concept that never progressed beyond paper, had some brute forces ideas for recovery.

The 1st stage could have been built from steel using shipbuilding techniques; drop the stage in the ocean, tow it back to port, hammer out the dents before the next launch. Focus was on heavy and durable rather than being lightweight. The 2nd stage had some idea for using ballutes or other drag devices for recovery but I don't think they got far dealing with reentry heating.

If you search for Sea Dragon, Aerojet, and Robert Truax you can find more details. Here's a 284 page report with diagrams showing the recovery ideas http://neverworld.net/truax/Sea_Dragon_Concept_Volume_1.pdf

Absolutely incredible news...I'm going to be doing a dev stream this afternoon (~2 hrs from this post).

We'll be getting Helios in game, and afterwards maybe we'll work on modeling the Viking Orbiter for a bit. Stay tuned.

LoP7aHu.png

5 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

space-shuttle-Endeavour-landing-Edwards-

Edited by CobaltWolf

57 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Absolutely incredible news...I'm going to be doing a dev stream this afternoon (~2 hrs from this post).

We'll be getting Helios in game, and afterwards maybe we'll work on modeling the Viking Orbiter for a bit. Stay tuned.

LoP7aHu.png

Your response is golden. Hail Endeavour!

5 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Next module ... Solar/EC ...

Hide contents

FnvpEc4.png

e0rjNtF.png

dhI0rFK.jpg

1aaOqPs.png

n1gR1Xk.jpg

What is your power tower launch vehicle 34D?  Also, what did you do for control to be able to autonomously dock?  Ya, I know there is tons out there...just wondering as Napolian said "Professionals discuss logistics" and it happens to be on my logistics list for my Skylab B timeline.

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Absolutely incredible news...I'm going to be doing a dev stream 

People seem to be missing the second paragraph.  Yes, well aware of STS.