[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Delta IV is on the roadmap - but only to liquid people off by getting their hopes up. I don't like big ugly orange rockets :P     *cough*saturnmultibody*cough*

RE: more solid SLVs...

Algol and Castor will probably be in this update, they'll only take an afternoon to do. That means that in the first two tech nodes you'd have 4 rockets to mix and match between. I will have to see if I can do mesh switching to switch between radial angled nozzles and straight inline ones...

The problem with having more solid motors is, well, they're all kind of the same. So I am feeling like I probably won't do dedicated Taurus solids. :/ You'll note that the Super Strypi only has its fins listed...

Speaking of MOAR SOLIDS, I think Saturn 1 still needs it's new first stage... :wink:

wow you plan to do almost everything

I have it on good authority that there is a BDB-alike SLS (not by me) coming down the road... :wink: (I'm serious / not joking)

6 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

wow you plan to do almost everything

I have no life. I basically just drink and make KSP parts.

EDIT: If you haven't seen it, click the roadmap button in my sig. It's not very updated, especially for the newer Saturn/Apollo/LEM derived plans. There's a fair amount of stuff that I have reference material for that I haven't put in yet. Let me know if anything in particular strikes your fancy; I've been known to change plans based on what gets people excited. :wink:

Edited by CobaltWolf

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I have it on good authority that there is a BDB-alike SLS (not by me) coming down the road... :wink: (I'm serious / not joking)

I think I'm gonna be a Cobalt when I grow up

5 hours ago, NeoFatalis said:

Is there going to be a version of the Apollo SPS without the mount on top?(I know that there is already a huge part list in the VAB but we have these versions of the LEM engines and I think it would look cool as an upper stage engine)

I'd like to see it as just a mounting plate with a few nodes, and one buttless version of each engine so we can do what we want.

42IHyGD.png

U8zvNWj.png

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

How long is this road? 

I basically just drink and play KSP, is that the same?

3 hours ago, Jso said:

I'd like to see it as just a mounting plate with a few nodes, and one buttless version of each engine so we can do what we want.

Very nice! I've seen spitball plans for an Apollo-Titan III in the past. Good to see it put to practical application.

4 hours ago, Jso said:

Well since you are including WBT, how about part switching? Then we'd only need 3 parts for 6+engines.

2 hours ago, Spike88 said:

How long is this road?

I basically just drink and play KSP, is that the same?

Dunno. However long it takes me? Stuff gets done as fast as I can get it usually :P

1 hour ago, awsumindyman said:

@CobaltWolf, you'd BETTER make Saturn Multibody or there WILL be riots (jk. about the riots at least).

FzzZGAT.jpg

1 hour ago, PickledTripod said:

3.125m would be a really nice size to have tho...

Why make ugly modern rockets when there is LDC Titan and CELV Atlas to plunder 3.125m parts from? :)

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Man I feel inspired now...

Hs5vgXN.png

(Note that the Scout 3rd and 4th stages, along with the fins, are already in the mod. :)

The second stage is a castor 1, which is sergeant, which is also the boosters for thrust augmented thor. The first iteration anyways, later they used castor 2. I know you know this, just pointing out that it allows you to have another variant of a rocket you've already got.

34 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

The second stage is a castor 1, which is sergeant, which is also the boosters for thrust augmented thor. The first iteration anyways, later they used castor 2. I know you know this, just pointing out that it allows you to have another variant of a rocket you've already got.

I have... uh... 'Castors'... but they weren't based on anything in particular honestly.

@Angel-125, is it possible to use WBI mesh switched to switch between angled and straight/inline nozzles? Additionally, can it be used to switch meshes in a moduleJettison?

Edited by CobaltWolf