[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

@CobaltWolf "oh, I don't like modern, orange rockets, they're ugly!" *desperately tries to cover up Atlas V tanks and engine(s) while nervously looking over his shoulder*

In my defense, my dad's payloads were launched on Atlas V (hint is in the name of the family in game). And Atlas V is coppery metal and not spray on insulation. And the 401 is aesthetic as hell.

4 hours ago, davidy12 said:

If only they were more stockalike.

GREAT IN RSS!!!

@sumghai has a stock-alike service module based on the Orion SM, but scaled to the stock Mk1-2 pod and the stock SLS parts.  As soon as AnimatedDecouplers gets updated to 1.2 it'll work.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

1 hour ago, Capt. Hunt said:

@sumghai has a stock-alike service module based on the Orion SM, but scaled to the stock Mk1-2 pod and the stock SLS parts.  As soon as AnimatedDecouplers gets updated to 1.2 it'll work.

It took me a moment to realize we were still talking about Orion. I guess, on a related note, I tried using the Kane CM with SDHI and unfortunately the meshes don't line up. :(

Also, today is the last day to sign up as a November supporter on Patreon! Promise this is the last time I'll plug it out of context - I'll probably mention it in my release posts. :)

QcYfNA1.png?1

EDIT: Got bored doing homework, took a break...

sNLruYm.png

EDIT: Also, the Apollo nearly-flat structural adapter is now up on Github! 2.5m on one end, and features not one, not two, not three, but FOUR different sizes of end caps!

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Capt. Hunt said:

It has issues with tweak scale though.

I know this isn't really the place to ask but...

Is there a way to make it so that if you pay the entry fee to a part in a tech node you have researched, you can pay a drastically reduced entry fee for another part?

Ex. A node has 5 and 7 segment solid motors that are very similar (UA1205 and UA1207 for example), can I make it so that the entry fee for either one is 120k, but if you pay for one of them the other drops to 10k?

I could accomplish something like this by making the parts have individual tech nodes, but I'm not doing that.

EDIT: I could also do this with the alternate configurations system that RealFuels uses, but I'm not ready to add RF in yet.

Edited by Nnimrod

@Nnimrod Being able to unlock multiple parts with a single purchase would be even better. It makes no sense that you have to pay twice to unlock two lenght of fuel tanks of the same diameter for exemple, if you see the entry fee as buying the tooling.

Damn I can think of a lot of ways to improve the whole science/unlock system, but that part of the game is hard-coded, isn't it?

1 minute ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

My kind of camp fire!*

~snip~

Hype double whamy. Just like the real thing this centaur hype is a bit late!

~snippity snip~

*Because scouts like camp fires... idk...

Scout, Centaur, Skylab, ETS stuff... Getting hard to contain all that hype. Next update will be dank.

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

In my defense, my dad's payloads were launched on Atlas V (hint is in the name of the family in game). And Atlas V is coppery metal and not spray on insulation. And the 401 is aesthetic as hell.

Does he works for Lockheed Martin?

56 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

@Nnimrod Being able to unlock multiple parts with a single purchase would be even better. It makes no sense that you have to pay twice to unlock two lenght of fuel tanks of the same diameter for exemple, if you see the entry fee as buying the tooling.

Damn I can think of a lot of ways to improve the whole science/unlock system, but that part of the game is hard-coded, isn't it?

Scout, Centaur, Skylab, ETS stuff... Getting hard to contain all that hype. Next update will be dank.

Agreed :/

My project will have fuel tank nodes, and they will be pretty cheap and available early. You want .9375m tanks? Unlock the .9375m node (for a trivial amount of science, like 10), and you get all .9375m tanks and adapter tanks for very small incremental cost. The only problem is I haven't thought of how to charge the $ entry fee once for the whole node.

And later, when I have finished the complete base project, I'll implement RealFuels and with that I'll add a node later on down that allows you to spend science and funds to unlock higher tech tank types, i.e. lightweight balloon tanks, stage 1 and 2 cryo tanks, and special tanks for special propellants that would need them, like F based oxidizers and stuff. But that's a loooooot of work down the line.

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Didn't occur to me after seeing that in game. Did he work on no. 5?

5 minutes ago, Nnimrod said:

Didn't occur to me after seeing that in game. Did he work on no. 5?

Well, that system has three components: 4 geostationary satellites, with an on-orbit spare; 4 ground stations; and the handheld radio sets. He is head of the engineering team that designed the handhelds :wink:

So actually he didn't have anything to do with the payloads but leave me alone

Edited by CobaltWolf

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Well, that system has three components: 4 geostationary satellites, with an on-orbit spare; 4 ground stations; and the handheld radio sets. He is head of the engineering team that designed the handhelds :wink:

Oh ok, I definitely don't know too much about it. I skimmed over an article saying the MUOS 5 was having some trouble a few months ago. I'm also pretty sure I watched the stream of the launch.

pUfxoSH.pngS9cMQ7Z.png

Scout and J-2T beta now on Github! The old Antares needs some work I'm afraid...

Grab the craft file to see how I built Scout - it needs RCS for control on the second and third stages. They're disabled on launch - AG1 activates the stage 2 (Castor) RCS, and AG2 activates the stage 3 (Antares) RCS.

EDIT: Bonus Titan 3BAS2 launch - been waiting a while to be able to build this...

gDy162d.png

titan3bs.gif

Edited by CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

Dammit @CobaltWolf you are just too darn fast! I had three more rounds of Scout Hype all lined up. *sigh* Well now what are you working on?

Uhhhh... have no idea. I'll probably figure it out when I get home tonight. :P

Two quick things:

Thanks to our 5 Patreon donors for the month of November! I greatly appreciate your support of the mod.  :) Nobody asked me to give them a shout out on the thread, so for the two I know, I've thanked you in person already. The other three - thank you so much!

Additionally, we have a sort of 'Help Wanted/Now Hiring' thing. Currently the BDB tech tree placements are fairly suspect. Would anyone be interested in doing an 'audit' of the stock tech tree nodes for all the parts? I noticed a lot of stuff out of whack when I was looking at the tech tree the other day - to the point that it was overwhelming. The MOS and Apollo/LEM stuff was particularly egregious, but there was a lot of other stuff that looked out of place. Since none of us have a lot of time to actually play the game (since we're busy, well, making stuff!) a lot of strangeness in the progression has gone unnoticed. Please see this Github issue for more info.

37 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Uhhhh... have no idea. I'll probably figure it out when I get home tonight. :P

Two quick things:

Thanks to our 5 Patreon donors for the month of November! I greatly appreciate your support of the mod.  :) Nobody asked me to give them a shout out on the thread, so for the two I know, I've thanked you in person already. The other three - thank you so much!

Additionally, we have a sort of 'Help Wanted/Now Hiring' thing. Currently the BDB tech tree placements are fairly suspect. Would anyone be interested in doing an 'audit' of the stock tech tree nodes for all the parts? I noticed a lot of stuff out of whack when I was looking at the tech tree the other day - to the point that it was overwhelming. The MOS and Apollo/LEM stuff was particularly egregious, but there was a lot of other stuff that looked out of place. Since none of us have a lot of time to actually play the game (since we're busy, well, making stuff!) a lot of strangeness in the progression has gone unnoticed. Please see this Github issue for more info.

I can take care of the tree progression, or at least help. Also, what about balance? Some engines are....basically useless....in carrer. Like the Hydrox engine based on the Titan 1.....