[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

26 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Uhh.. Uhhhhh.... UHH- *SMOKEBOMB*

BZdkU1E.png

Those. Look. AMAZING!

Unless I'm mistaken, those are various Centaur upper stages, aren't they?

*Along with the Vega.

Edited by Jall

32 minutes ago, Jall said:

Those. Look. AMAZING!

Unless I'm mistaken, those are various Centaur upper stages, aren't they?

*Along with the Vega.

Pretty much. Centaur G'/T (only half modeled...), Centaur D/D1-T (needs a texture pass!!!), Vega.

I also need to make a longer 1.875m tank for Centaur V... Maybe an orange one for DEC/SEC?

1 hour ago, JediRangerkendor said:

Ok, I can confirm bugs in the latest version. Numberous engines do not have exhaust or engine noise, and the launch escape towers HAVE engine exhaust and the effect never turns off. 

This is pretty disappointing, as its a pretty effective FASA knock-off but all the bugs make it hard to play

Welcome! Now, the following is blunt, not crass, mind...

we will need a much more thorough report than this unfortunately, to make any headway. First off, what version of (everything) are you running? KSP, etc. The latest version is not precise enough unfortunately.

If it is the release version of BDB on 1.2, I'd be very interested to know the details, as what you describe shouldn't happen. It is fair to say though, that something is amiss with your setup, as of all the things in this suite, engine effects are probably the most carefully curated item, along side the artistry. Thus, it should be possible to find out what is up, so you can enjoy a more bug free edition, but a few additional details are needed :) 

On the other hand, If you refer to the development version as present on github, well... To say that no warranty is implied would be putting it too nicely. If it works at all, it is a event to be celebrated. (If your computer doesn't salute and go out in a blaze of glory, it is an event to be celebrated. ... Ok, i exaggerate slightly...) The dev copy is available as a matter of convenience to testers and other assorted masochists, not as a product intended for stable gameplay.

As far as the last part goes, well... FASA wishes it had half these parts, I'm thinking. :wink: 

10 minutes ago, komodo said:

Welcome! Now, the following is blunt, not crass, mind...

we will need a much more thorough report than this unfortunately, to make any headway. First off, what version of (everything) are you running? KSP, etc. The latest version is not precise enough unfortunately.

If it is the release version of BDB on 1.2, I'd be very interested to know the details, as what you describe shouldn't happen. It is fair to say though, that something is amiss with your setup, as of all the things in this suite, engine effects are probably the most carefully curated item, along side the artistry. Thus, it should be possible to find out what is up, so you can enjoy a more bug free edition, but a few additional details are needed :) 

On the other hand, If you refer to the development version as present on github, well... To say that no warranty is implied would be putting it too nicely. If it works at all, it is a event to be celebrated. (If your computer doesn't salute and go out in a blaze of glory, it is an event to be celebrated. ... Ok, i exaggerate slightly...) The dev copy is available as a matter of convenience to testers and other assorted masochists, not as a product intended for stable gameplay.

As far as the last part goes, well... FASA wishes it had half these parts, I'm thinking. :wink: 

Before i go into anything, maybe i have a bad copy. what is the link to the most recent version of the game? I currently have KSP 1.2, and the BDB i got is BDB 101. I'd post pics of some of the bugs i have come across, I am not sure how to post images on this website. 

1 minute ago, JediRangerkendor said:

Before i go into anything, maybe i have a bad copy. what is the link to the most recent version of the game? I currently have KSP 1.2, and the BDB i got is BDB 101. I'd post pics of some of the bugs i have come across, I am not sure how to post images on this website. 

No problem. KSP 1.2 is the current version, there haven't been any patches yet, for better or worse. Of BDB, the current release is found Here, latest one at the top.

Another thought is you may have a bad install, in that it could be gamedata-in-gamedata syndrome: check that in your (KSP)/Gamedata folder, the Bluedog-Design-Bureau and DMagicAnimate (I forget the correct name off memory) folders are at that level, along with a modulemanager.dll, and that the folders didn't end up nested in another folder inadvertently. That can cause all kinds of mayhem as relative path references in the configs get very confused.

Screenshots, the typical method is to upload them to imgur and link to it in a post here. 

24 minutes ago, komodo said:

No problem. KSP 1.2 is the current version, there haven't been any patches yet, for better or worse. Of BDB, the current release is found Here, latest one at the top.

Another thought is you may have a bad install, in that it could be gamedata-in-gamedata syndrome: check that in your (KSP)/Gamedata folder, the Bluedog-Design-Bureau and DMagicAnimate (I forget the correct name off memory) folders are at that level, along with a modulemanager.dll, and that the folders didn't end up nested in another folder inadvertently. That can cause all kinds of mayhem as relative path references in the configs get very confused.

Screenshots, the typical method is to upload them to imgur and link to it in a post here. 

http://imgur.com/a/sbNrl

http://imgur.com/a/uZAkT

http://imgur.com/a/h6Vx8

here. This is my mod file, and some of the bugs i am talking about. 

I can now confirm that I have the latest version of the mod, and are still having the troubles. In fact most engines do not have the effects or sounds, 

Edited by JediRangerkendor
Pic fail and further info

Option B besides a bad install, is some conflict with another mod. Engine effects issues are often indicative of a plugin being funny, but the plugin BDB uses is fairly robust... I'm struggling to think of what would conflict, but there is always a chance... If you could see if you can reproduce the issue with only BDB + dependencies installed, that would be another thing to check as well.

Hi all. I just wanted to let you know there were a few more off-topic posts removed. Even though they were nice, they were still off topic ;). Oh, and there was a reaction image too, which I had to remove because of the forum rules.

Hope I didn't remove anything important, let me know (via PM) otherwise :).

30 minutes ago, JediRangerkendor said:

http://imgur.com/a/sbNrl

http://imgur.com/a/uZAkT

http://imgur.com/a/h6Vx8

here. This is my mod file, and some of the bugs i am talking about. 

I can now confirm that I have the latest version of the mod, and are still having the troubles. In fact most engines do not have the effects or sounds, 

24 minutes ago, komodo said:

Option B besides a bad install, is some conflict with another mod. Engine effects issues are often indicative of a plugin being funny, but the plugin BDB uses is fairly robust... I'm struggling to think of what would conflict, but there is always a chance... If you could see if you can reproduce the issue with only BDB + dependencies installed, that would be another thing to check as well.

Check to make sure you don't have a SmokeScreen or RealPlume folder in your Gamedata folder. We have configs for supporting RealPlume, which for some reason activate sometimes when they shouldn't.

Alternatively, you could simply delete the Realplume compatibility folder in Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility. :) that solution wouldn't mess with anything you might have installed that depends on something that is causing the RP configs to activate.

I'll ignore the FASA dig :wink:

@komodo do you ever actually sleep? At least I have a good reason to be up tonight - which may or may not have an effect on BDB's short term future. Will report when I know more.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Check to make sure you don't have a SmokeScreen or RealPlume folder in your Gamedata folder. We have configs for supporting RealPlume, which for some reason activate sometimes when they shouldn't.

Alternatively, you could simply delete the Realplume compatibility folder in Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility. :) that solution wouldn't mess with anything you might have installed that depends on something that is causing the RP configs to activate.

I'll ignore the FASA dig :wink:

@komodo do you ever actually sleep? At least I have a good reason to be up tonight - which may or may not have an effect on BDB's short term future. Will report when I know more.

I am pleased to announce that fixed it. cheers!

@Jso One issue I have with Vejur is the mass. Right now, the dry mass for Vejur is in excess of that of the Muo-D at burnout. I'd lower that down from the three-and-change tonnes it is now to the one and a half to two ton range. Remember, the real thing would have only massed a tonne or so, and had a mass fraction in the 90% range (balloon tanks for the win). While the Inon stage has a similar mass fraction as Vejur (~.64-.70), it is also only one third of the dry mass. I know that hitting the balance point is hard, but I'm pretty sure that she's not there yet.

6 hours ago, TimothyC said:

@Jso One issue I have with Vejur is the mass. Right now, the dry mass for Vejur is in excess of that of the Muo-D at burnout. I'd lower that down from the three-and-change tonnes it is now to the one and a half to two ton range. Remember, the real thing would have only massed a tonne or so, and had a mass fraction in the 90% range (balloon tanks for the win). While the Inon stage has a similar mass fraction as Vejur (~.64-.70), it is also only one third of the dry mass. I know that hitting the balance point is hard, but I'm pretty sure that she's not there yet.

The race isn't close to being finished, it haven't even started :wink: I don't think any balance has been aimed at the new parts beyond their initial commits. See the advice about your computer + blaze of glory above :P

@CobaltWolf, I sleep sometimes! I'm a tiny bit under the weather at the moment, but of course just enough to make sleep annoying, but not much effect beyond that. Well. Aside from config files getting written. :P 

realplumes, got it, good thought! I'll tuck that one away for future reference. 

8 hours ago, TimothyC said:

Try it now. It's a bit lighter. I updated the engine specs from here, that's all I could find. Balloon tanks are a no go in pure stock but we can do that for the rescales.

29 minutes ago, Jso said:

Try it now. It's a bit lighter. I updated the engine specs from here, that's all I could find. Balloon tanks are a no go in pure stock but we can do that for the rescales.

Couldn't you make them baloon tanks, and for balance make them more expensive and/or super breakable? Especially with the new pressure and gee damage mechanics....

26 minutes ago, minepagan said:

Couldn't you make them baloon tanks, and for balance make them more expensive and/or super breakable? Especially with the new pressure and gee damage mechanics....

That would probably work unless we maybe had the tank itself use up another resource like Nitrogen maybe?

2 hours ago, Jso said:

Oh, that is much better. Without a third stage I can almost send a small probe to Eve on day 1 (NASA would have needed the JPL 6K stage to do the same).

27 minutes ago, TimothyC said:

Oh, that is much better. Without a third stage I can almost send a small probe to Eve on day 1 (NASA would have needed the JPL 6K stage to do the same).

Yeah it's a little op. Would the Centaur we have now be representative of the D model flown on the LVC-3? Looking at the Vega and Centaur side by side, the Centaur looks a bit light. Not really inclined to mess with it, just an observation. 

Edited by Jso