[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

@CobaltWolf, sorry to bother you, but I've found a bug with the TRAILS Gemini capsule. It only seems to let crew go EVA on the surface of Kerbin, not in space. It complains that the hatch is obstructed (when it's clearly not, as I can go EVA on the surface after landing). If you need my logs, I'll post a link.

7 hours ago, BMot360 said:

Thanks for the recommendation. Did you make any changes to the atmosphere height?

No. The only time I change it is in 6.4x where I use 1.33 (93 km).

2 hours ago, NotAgain said:

@CobaltWolf, sorry to bother you, but I've found a bug with the TRAILS Gemini capsule. It only seems to let crew go EVA on the surface of Kerbin, not in space. It complains that the hatch is obstructed (when it's clearly not, as I can go EVA on the surface after landing). If you need my logs, I'll post a link.

How about a screenshot of your craft.

56DSqsg.png

31 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@Jso: Is USI life support up for the Block III CSM?

Probably not. The compatibility stuff is maintained by people who use those mods. The Block >2 stuff needs a going over.

2 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

He probably means the solar shade deployed on the Skylab 2 mission to replace the one ripped off on ascent.

I think he's said before that he won't do a damaged Skylab, he's just assuming that the launch was perfect. Not sure though

9 hours ago, Jall said:

@CobaltWolf Are you planning to put solar panels on the Apollo telescope mount/sunshade? It looks a bit bare without it right now.

5 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

He probably means the solar shade deployed on the Skylab 2 mission to replace the one ripped off on ascent.

2 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

I think he's said before that he won't do a damaged Skylab, he's just assuming that the launch was perfect. Not sure though

Yeah, BDB parts aren't replica - they're more concerned with possibilities, as well as keeping to a lego style. Similar to how I didn't make an Apollo 13 version of the SM. Of course, if anyone ever makes a sunshade version, I'd gladly link it in the OP. :)

Speaking of Skylab...

Note to those worried about windows: I spoke with @Angel-125, whose wet workshop / configurable science lab functionality we will be using for this. When flown in a wet workshop (ie, fuel tank) configuration, they will be covered+sealed on both sides. Once converted on orbit, the windows are uncovered - my headcanon would be that there's extra layers of insulation on the inside, and the crew removes them + the outer covers once converted to operational status.

EzYJYPS.png

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

headcanon

*can never unsee/unhear*

The USI life support was my doing/fault: I haven't had a chance to use it at all in 1.2, or even a career run as of yet. If you (read, USI using thread goers writ large) have ideas/suggestions, please shoot them over on github: there is an open issue for it already. It's not too hard to implement configs, but puzzling them out from scratch is tricky. (Plus, I had a fair bit of free time and a lot fewer parts when I wrote the existing ones, time that I don't have a lot of at the moment :() I understand the ratios have changed, but again, I'm not sure what the new details are. (Hint, by all means, tear open the current MM and start playing. I won't get offended :wink: )

On another note, Those tanks look pretty shiny, indeed!

@CobaltWolf I'm really enjoying your mod! I've been wanting to mess around with Muo V configurations for a while, and the thing about all the really interesting ones (or at least the ones that are interesting to me) is that they've got strap-on SRBs (http://www.rocket.com/atlas-v-solid-rocket-motor). Can you recommend a particular SRB from your mod pack to act as the analogue for them?

12 minutes ago, ILikeIke said:

@CobaltWolf I'm really enjoying your mod! I've been wanting to mess around with Muo V configurations for a while, and the thing about all the really interesting ones (or at least the ones that are interesting to me) is that they've got strap-on SRBs (http://www.rocket.com/atlas-v-solid-rocket-motor). Can you recommend a particular SRB from your mod pack to act as the analogue for them?

Yeah, the Muo V never got parts to make the 5xx variants, and honestly, from comments I've gotten, it sounds like I'd have to redo ALL the Muo parts before I start adding more new stuff... Ugh... :P

In the meantime, the Daleth-CGR-60 "Sapphire" (AKA GEM-60) has similar performance, and is actually supposed to be replacing the current AJ-60s sometime in the near future.