[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

14 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think I already spotted a couple things I missed but ah well. Perhaps a small hotfix next week. :) Anyways, since @Beale appears to be getting near the end of the Big G work, I decided to start UV unwrapping the Malhena parts.

<badass picture>

I have developed UV vision over the course of this week and can actually kinda sorta see your UV edges. I need a vacation

Edited by akron

1 minute ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: You anger me.

I spent two hours balancing the Engines for 64k. 

You'll be able to keep more of your configs. I'll try and closely document what changes I make.

Just now, akron said:

I have develop UV vision over the course of this week and can actually kinda sorta see your UV edges. I need a vacation

It's not that hard with me. :)

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

You'll be able to keep more of your configs. I'll try and closely document what changes I make.

:D

You know I was just kidding. I think I got it closely balanced to real life.

What really makes me excited are the new Agena and Atlas parts. 

PS: Here's something I want to ask you:

in .12, 

what's the Prometheus/Barbarian???

Edited by davidy12

Well I have to say this mod has become one of my favorites.  Tantares and Bluedog the only parts mods you need.

I have one request though, not sure if I am the only one, but from K&W Rocketry I used to make use of the ullage motors quite a bit.  They are not complicated parts but they do have a lot of utility.  What do you think?

2 minutes ago, Leszek said:

Well I have to say this mod has become one of my favorites.  Tantares and Bluedog the only parts mods you need.

I have one request though, not sure if I am the only one, but from K&W Rocketry I used to make use of the ullage motors quite a bit.  They are not complicated parts but they do have a lot of utility.  What do you think?

If @CobaltWolf says it's fine, I'll model some generic ullage and retro motors, though the new perfectron parts should work fine for you for now. :P

4 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

If @CobaltWolf says it's fine, I'll model some generic ullage and retro motors, though the new perfectron parts should work fine for you for now. :P

Nice. :D

Would this include a S****n type ullage?

If not, I'll just use KW. It's serving me well. 

10 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Nice. :D

Would this include a S****n type ullage?

If not, I'll just use KW. It's serving me well. 

Well, yeah, Saturn Ullage would get made when Saturn is made...

re: Prometheus-Barbarian, it's Titan at 2.5m with a cluster of 4 LR-87s instead of 2, with appropriate tankage, second stage, etc. With SRMs it would be an alternative to Juno V or S1B.

16 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yeah I don't see a need for any more until we get to Saturn. The KW ones are based on those anyways aren't they?

Edited by CobaltWolf

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

re: Prometheus-Barbarian, it's Titan at 2.5m with a cluster of 4 LR-87s instead of 2, with appropriate tankage, second stage, etc. With SRMs it would be an alternative to Juno V or S1V

Oh!!! The vehicle use to launch SDI.

S1V

Is their a Saturn I variant I'm unaware of

Just now, davidy12 said:

Oh!!! The vehicle use to launch SDI.

S1V

Is their a Saturn I variant I'm unaware of

Yeah except mine is considerably smaller. It's Barbarian inspired, I suppose.

No, I just forgot to move my finger from V to B.

1 minute ago, Leszek said:

The larger KW ones are based off the Saturn Rockets.  I don't know about the smaller ones.

Smaller ones are based off of (I THINK) S-IVB Ullage. But they're a poor representation IMHO.

Edited by davidy12

I think it will be neat to put a hull cam on the fairing of a PF fairing as it separates from the rocket. I would like to stream today, say like 8,9,10 am, I don't know and then a followup stream later tonight, just so I can appeal to people in different time zones. It will be a copy of the BDB testing save that I will add mods to, so prepare to see some Corvus action, and if I can find the mod I'm looking for, some A****o action as well.

6 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I made a cinematic screenshot of the test spacecraft!

yrc7Csw.png

I used a Thor, and the decoupler had 0 ejection force, so the spent Ablestar is just kinda photobombing...

XreQmk7ETCak0.gif

Loving the new release. I find myself building Scout rockets with all these new solids. I only wish that some of them could be radially attached. Like the Topaz for the Diamant. But then again once the next tech node is unlocked I kind of forget about them. LOL

Edited by OTmikhail

2 hours ago, OTmikhail said:

Loving the new release. I find myself building Scout rockets with all these new solids. I only wish that some of them could be radially attached. Like the Topaz for the Diamant. But then again once the next tech node is unlocked I kind of forget about them. LOL

I think that's definitely a problem with a lot of things in this release. They're more interim parts rather than ones to make a primary launcher family out of. With that said, they're all fairly interesting parts as well as somewhat under represented when it comes to KSP, so I was happy to make them. :)

Didn't get a ton done today - mostly bounced between various projects. UV unwrapping was the big focus - some more got done for some SEP stuff, the Malhena parts, and some of the new probe parts. I also started modeling my part of the Europa upper stages for @Beale's Blue Streak, though I don't want to show any of it yet. What I do have are partially textured renditions of the new(ish) Lunar Orbiter dish and antenna, and the Ranger dish as it appears in Unity (since Maya's shaders don't work the same).

djFzuIz.png

UwT5MuP.png

21 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think that's definitely a problem with a lot of things in this release. They're more interim parts rather than ones to make a primary launcher family out of. With that said, they're all fairly interesting parts as well as somewhat under represented when it comes to KSP, so I was happy to make them. :)

Didn't get a ton done today - mostly bounced between various projects. UV unwrapping was the big focus - some more got done for some SEP stuff, the Malhena parts, and some of the new probe parts. I also started modeling my part of the Europa upper stages for @Beale's Blue Streak, though I don't want to show any of it yet. What I do have are partially textured renditions of the new(ish) Lunar Orbiter dish and antenna, and the Ranger dish as it appears in Unity (since Maya's shaders don't work the same).

djFzuIz.png

UwT5MuP.png

First of all NICE DISHES :D 

Is the blue dish the one from ETS? Can't find it on the road map.