[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.14.0 "металл" 30/Sep/2024)

CobaltWolf

11 hours ago, davidy12 said:

I'm more attracted to Sigma Dimensions 64k. 

And I have to rebalance EVERY SINGLE ISP. Before you say real fuels, it doesn't work for me. I use stock fuels and edit the ISP of the Atlas rockets to 500 at SL.

Might as well put on infinite fuel while you're cheating. LOL ;) 

Edited by Svm420

The Hermes LES is broken, when it loads into the flight scene the engine plumes appear to fire, but don't produce any thrust. It decoupled and works fine technically, but it's really been bugging me.

6 minutes ago, Andem said:

The Hermes LES is broken, when it loads into the flight scene the engine plumes appear to fire, but don't produce any thrust. It decoupled and works fine technically, but it's really been bugging me.

I was just using it last night and did not have this issue. What version are you playing on? If you're in 1.1, are you sure you're on the most recent build?

Okay, time for one of my "first time trying out the mod pack" field reports...

Specs: Running 1.1 prerelease, build 1203, and the exhaust plumes and engine sound effects are not appearing.

Can confirm the issue with probe cores with integrated antennas NOT transmitting.

Otherwise, looks FANATASTIC, and it's become an instant "must-have" for my install.

1 minute ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Okay, time for one of my "first time trying out the mod pack" field reports...

Specs: Running 1.1 prerelease, build 1203, and the exhaust plumes and engine sound effects are not appearing.

Can confirm the issue with probe cores with integrated antennas NOT transmitting.

Otherwise, looks FANATASTIC, and it's become an instant "must-have" for my install.

Maybe playing on a technically unsupported version isn't good for a first impression. :P

Exhaust plumes not showing up? Do you have realplumes? Or maybe smokescreen but no realplumes? Everything worked fine for me when I played last night. 

4 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Maybe playing on a technically unsupported version isn't good for a first impression. :P

Exhaust plumes not showing up? Do you have realplumes? Or maybe smokescreen but no realplumes? Everything worked fine for me when I played last night. 

To be fair, I believe I did tell Spacedock that it was 1.1 compatible, after initial reports came back positive. :P

@MaverickSawyer I honestly don't know why the integrated antennas don't work, though I have indeed experienced this issue. I will start fiddling around and see what I can do. Which version did you download? The latest rip of the Git repo, the latest official release from the repo, or from Spacedock?

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I was just using it last night and did not have this issue. What version are you playing on? If you're in 1.1, are you sure you're on the most recent build?

I may have a mod that conflicts, now that I think about it. I'll get back to you on it when I can check it out.

17 minutes ago, Andem said:

I may have a mod that conflicts, now that I think about it. I'll get back to you on it when I can check it out.

Are you playing with the latest release, or did you download the github repo recently?

47 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

To be fair, I believe I did tell Spacedock that it was 1.1 compatible, after initial reports came back positive. :P

@MaverickSawyer I honestly don't know why the integrated antennas don't work, though I have indeed experienced this issue. I will start fiddling around and see what I can do. Which version did you download? The latest rip of the Git repo, the latest official release from the repo, or from Spacedock?

Okay, some further experimentation has revealed that it's specifically the Sandstone engine and the Vicenza engines in particular that are lacking in the flames and noise department... and that the helical antenna also does not work properly.

As for the version of Blue Dog I'm using, it's off SpaceDock I'll try with the Git repo and see if that changes anything.

EDIT: It's the same version: RC1.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

18 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Okay, some further experimentation has revealed that it's specifically the Sandstone engine and the Vicenza engines in particular that are lacking in the flames and noise department... and that the helical antenna also does not work properly.

As for the version of Blue Dog I'm using, it's off SpaceDock I'll try with the Git repo and see if that changes anything.

Allegedly, antennas in 1.1 don't work without animations. I haven't gotten confirmation on that but it may explain whatever you are experiencing with the helical antenna.

I am not sure what would be different about those engines. I will check that now. EDIT: They all work on my end in 1.1.0.1183. Judging by your previous post I think my copy somehow is out of date. I don't start it through Steam, so I guess I must be a few updates behind.

You'll have to download the whole repo as a zip, the 'releases' zip folder is the same as the one on spacedock.

Edited by CobaltWolf

31 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Are you playing with the latest release, or did you download the github repo recently?

Release. I think it may be a dependency on KSO, I have smokescreen without real plume, if that has any affect.

Just now, Andem said:

Release. I think it may be a dependency on KSO, I have smokescreen without real plume, if that has any affect.

I just checked the compatibility file for the LES. It requires both Smokescreen and real plume for the MM patch to active and be applied. Can you do me a favor, delete smokescreen and tell me if it still doesn't work?

22 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I just checked the compatibility file for the LES. It requires both Smokescreen and real plume for the MM patch to active and be applied. Can you do me a favor, delete smokescreen and tell me if it still doesn't work?

I can in a few days, you see I actually just shipped my computers for repairs, I probably should have waits until It got back before saying anything. :P

Could you make (even) more science experiments, solar panels/RTGs&Fuel Cells (maybe?), antennas and probe cores? I personally love any and every mod that adds science experiments, especially ones that have their own plugin/module (I get those two confused :P) which adds unique functionality. DMagic O.S. has those kinds of science experiments, but the models and textures aren't as gorgeous as yours. I would like if the cameras you already have made (they're awesome by the way!) had an interactive GUI that would allow you to get pretty pictures in a way that I would best describe as a mix of VDS Hullcam and Cacteye (getting science and reputation for pictures of certain things, instead of just getting a text description). I will probably post a ModuleManager .cfg file that adds Hullcam functionality to your cameras (probably just the digital one for now, as I can't imagine taking a video with a Polaroid taped to a fax machine) soon.

15 minutes ago, Andem said:

I can in a few days, you see I actually just shipped my computers for repairs, I probably should have waits until It got back before saying anything. :P

:P

7 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

Could you make (even) more science experiments, solar panels/RTGs&Fuel Cells (maybe?), antennas and probe cores? I personally love any and every mod that adds science experiments, especially ones that have their own plugin/module (I get those two confused :P) which adds unique functionality. DMagic O.S. has those kinds of science experiments, but the models and textures aren't as gorgeous as yours. I would like if the cameras you already have made (they're awesome by the way!) had an interactive GUI that would allow you to get pretty pictures in a way that I would best describe as a mix of VDS Hullcam and Cacteye (getting science and reputation for pictures of certain things, instead of just getting a text description). I will probably post a ModuleManager .cfg file that adds Hullcam functionality to your cameras (probably just the digital one for now, as I can't imagine taking a video with a Polaroid taped to a fax machine) soon.

You should check out Coatl Aerospace. He has been working on a lot of great probe parts and I have been offloading most of my probe type commitments on him, allowing me to expand other aspects of this mod.
(To preempt a possible criticism - the gold foil will come into its own in 1.2 once we get the new shaders)

I actually have Hullcam configs included in the mod courtesy of @Jso. Is there an issue with them right now? I am not a programmer (not that I'm not capable, I just don't enjoy doing it in my free time) so I would prefer not to try and make my own plugin. As it stands, both BDB and Coatl Aerospace use the generic version of DMagic's science plugin to get experiments that match, and in some cases even expand the type of functionality you know from his mod.

As we speak I am actually working on science parts, experiment packages for Gemini. I will try and post screenshots later tonight.

Hey everyone! I am planning on streaming more development work tonight, likely starting around 6PM EST. Be there or be [] uh, rectangular.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what would people like to see me work on? More antennas + dishes, Gemini experiment packages, additional Gemini CSM parts, or more MOL station stuff?

Edited by CobaltWolf

Just now, MaverickSawyer said:

Hmmm... Perhaps a couple of dedicated experiments. After all, I've always found that science is my choke point, not funding.

I have plans for a number of EVA-only experiment packages for the Gemini that would fit in the bottom of the service module, at least once the colliders are fixed. I was starting them last night but couldn't get into it. Not sure if the designs for them were uninteresting or if I was just tired. Bear in mind I've only been able to find a picture of a single package (I may have found a good new source, will look through it quickly before stream), a micrometeorite exposure experiment (differing from the current one in that it's meant to be recovered and inspected, rather than just counting the number of impacts) which basically looks like the other micrometeorite experiment currently in the mod.

S66-44886.jpg

My loose plan for the experiments is to have them all use a standard attachment mesh, and have the package itself vary. They would start stowed, animate when activated, and then be recovered, leaving only the attachment hardware. Theoretically this is possible using the capabilities of DMagic's plugin, switching out meshes etc. A short list of experiments I had planned:

• DKAE-1 Micrometeorite Exposure
  • DKAE-2 Power Tool Assessment
  • DKAE-3 (some form of medical experiment)
  • DKAE-4 (undecided)
  • DKAE-5 Star Occultation Navigation (navigation by referencing known stars and tracking when they are occluded by earth and the moon)
  • DKAE-6 Nuclear Emulsion
  • DKAE-7 Nikkich Egg Exposure

They'd only be doable in orbit around Kerbin, and would probably have different results for low/high. I'm sort of spitballing here, I'm not sure what the most fun implementation would be. I also need experiments for the station stuff, which would probably follow along similar lines but would also require a science lab module to activate. 

@DiscoSlelge I'm afraid it's not as interesting as it sounds . It's basically photographing using a plate coated in chemicals that are sensitive to radiation rather than light. With that said, it does sound cool, and I have a design that is significantly cooler than a straight up box. 

(Also, that source is the one I mentioned in my last post. If anyone wants to trawl through the Gemini section and see if you find any other experiments, I'd really appreciate it)

Moar Experiments sounds great. Looking at the road map have you finished the low profile KAS storage AND released it already? Or just have it finished for next release. All these handheld and small experiments sound great, but IMO the priority should be what holds them first. And since you are at it KIS/KAS functionality/storage on as many parts as possible would be great. However if someone can help me to get Remote Tech working for all the antenna's that were just remade that would be awesome, as I'm a code noob. That's a big priority for me.

Also in the road map the " >Probe service engine (little mono engine - base on Ranger's)" sounds interesting ( Not HAPS right?)

Otherwise I'd just focus on the Mini Lander and finishing MOL parts.