Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

56 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

What an incredibly tasteless comment. This is not something I would ever, ever joke about. Let's keep the villains melodramatic, the violence cartoonish, and please leave real-world atrocities--sadly--in the real world.

I know, but I was talking about the coincidence.

1 minute ago, Kuzzter said:

Let's move on:

And once again, I really wish there was such a thing as a retractable rover wheel. 

It may be a little late at this point, but there are retractable rover wheels in the Planetary Base Systems mod:

Spoiler

nl6VkvR.png

XfRJfnk.png

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Kerbals speak backwards!

Not exactly--though I did consider it (along with various plays on the backwards Spanish featured in SQUAD videos... would a Kerbulan video be in forward Spanish? Hmm...) 

As was mentioned, and is canon due to the initial conversation between Gene Kerman and Wernher, they all speak the same language(s) on the two planets. What Evil Bob is hearing is a scrambled version of the conversation between Jeb and Clauselle. 

3 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Not exactly--though I did consider it (along with various plays on the backwards Spanish featured in SQUAD videos... would a Kerbulan video be in forward Spanish? Hmm...) 

As was mentioned, and is canon due to the initial conversation between Gene Kerman and Wernher, they all speak the same language(s) on the two planets. What Evil Bob is hearing is a scrambled version of the conversation between Jeb and Clauselle. 

Oh-ha.

Now, you'll have to remind me- was the probe launched before or after Wernher let Gene know about Kerbulus?

That resource map is nasty.

I hope Jeb (and you) can pull it off.  It definitely takes a badS to go ahead and just try it with the greatest of confidence.  :)

Nice to see Bob Kermulan foiled, for now.

Happy Groovy landings!

Edited by Starhawk

2 hours ago, Dman979 said:

So it could conceivably have some sort of active anti-interception system, no?

Hey, I already gave you a wink. What more do you want from a dead guy?

2 hours ago, Starhawk said:

I hope Jeb (and you) can pull it off.  It definitely takes a badS to go ahead and just try it with the greatest of confidence.  :)

When it happened it was more like, "AAAHH!  AAAHH! LFO is decreasing?! Cancel time warp! Shut down the fuel cells! AAAAHHH!!!!" -- but that's me screaming, not Jeb Kerman :) 

Though it's worth noting that the Qwammer would not be truly stranded even under those conditions, as long as there's a smidgen of ore in the ground. There's an RTG and a decent-sized battery bank, so it could mine and refine with that as the sole power source. Though it would definitely take a long time, and life support would run out forcing the crew into "hibernation". 

49 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I can create a ModuleManager patch for the wheels you're using that will power them up. Which ones are they?

Oh, that's tempting, and I really appreciate it, but I think it would be shenanigans at this point for Bill to suddenly provide those small gear bay wheels with electric motors. Thanks anyway!

Though had I thought of it before Qwammer launched, I might well have taken you up on it (or used the PBS wheels @Just Jim suggested, since I've used a lot of PBS parts on Intrepid already. :) 

And in reply to @max_creative, I've been looking at bad machine translations of Japanese and Korean patents all morning, so the last thing I'm going to do right now is unpack your Google Spanish, especially since I can already see the word "serD" in there. Ay, mi cabeza! 

4 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

And in reply to @max_creative, I've been looking at bad machine translations of Japanese and Korean patents all morning, so the last thing I'm going to do right now is unpack your Google Spanish, especially since I can already see the word "serD" in there. Ay, mi cabeza! 

Warning: Dres related message! 

But, if you're going for it, then good luck!!!

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Yeah that's gonna become canon at some point :) 

Woot for the thought - eventual execution at author's discretion naturally. :)

As an alternative, KSC could always use ReMorse code to signal Intrepid. ReMorse code is (of course) backwards Morse code which ought to be confusing enough anyway and all the more so for Kerbulans. Because....

Wait for it...

Kerbulans do not know remorse.

I'll be here all night folks. I recommend the soup of the day - it's oignom.

59 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Though had I thought of it before Qwammer launched, I might well have taken you up on it (or used the PBS wheels @Just Jim suggested, since I've used a lot of PBS parts on Intrepid already. :) 

If you decide to add them... which might be a little tricky at this point from an author POV.... but if you do, then bear this in mind. When I used them on my Eagle lander, which wasn't that heavy all things considered, they worked great on the Mun, but lousy on Kerbin's heavier gravity, and the tires blew out a lot. This being the case, I assume they'll work fine on Bop, Pol and Vall, but Laythe and especially Tylo might be problematic.

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

Oh, that's tempting, and I really appreciate it, but I think it would be shenanigans at this point for Bill to suddenly provide those small gear bay wheels with electric motors. Thanks anyway!

Well, in WW II, the Marines retrofitted Corsairs into bombers using field kits. Maybe Bill could do something similar...

30 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

When I used them on my Eagle lander [...]

Hmm...you'll forgive me Jim if I'm a bit reluctant to add parts from a ship that spontaneously exploded :P 

28 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Well, in WW II, the Marines retrofitted Corsairs into bombers using field kits. Maybe Bill could do something similar...

Well, not on Tylo, with the equipment he has...once they get back to Intrepid, however...I might just be able to come up with something :) 

11 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Hmm...you'll forgive me Jim if I'm a bit reluctant to add parts from a ship that spontaneously exploded :P 

I can't blame you there!  :D

A little off-topic, but it only happened that one time, and I haven't been able to reproduce it so I could file a bug report. And even weirder, it seemed to start with the fly-by-wire pods, not the wheels. Very strange bug... but a very cool gratuitous explosion... woohoo... :cool: