Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-END OF CHAPTER 21! (and hopefully not so many talking heads in 22!)

Mister Dilsby

1 hour ago, TopHeavy11 said:

EEEEEEEE! Excitement is intensifying! But, where's @Just Jim? I say a pic from his game in Plan Kappa! And it's no coincidence that Thopmberry from Ekimo Station could have sworn that "he saw two Bill's standing next to Jandolin on the Chariot." TWO Bills. TWO. Y'all know what this means? Firstly, epic Crossoverload ahead, but I actually influenced something! I've olny been here a month or two! Honor level 9001! :D:D:D:D:D:D

No....... my two Bills was because someone knocked himself silly and was seeing double....... 
Anything else was just pure coincidence..... :rolleyes:

Edited by Just Jim

10 minutes ago, Willbl3pic said:

I just realised that in a way, the monoliths are the players. They do all of the quicksaving and hyperediting and stuff, and control the existence. @Kuzzter's monolith is @Kuzzter himself, in a way.

The following is totally not canon, but I loved @Willbl3pic's idea so much I had to make it:

0hc96Xn.png

Bill: For science!
Monolith: hello, Bill.  i've been expecting you. 
Bill: Whoa.  This doesn't look like Kansnaks either...
Monolith: no, it's not.  to use a different literary metaphor, you are inside the looking glass.
Monolith: ...i've been following your progress in the existence known as Plan Kappa.
Monolith: i knew you'd find a way to reboot my counterpart and pass through one of the portals, bringing you here...
Monolith: ...what I don't know is whether i can allow you to leave.

New page:

Jeb: 'Delete'?  Oh, I don't like the sound of that!  Please, Mister Blocko, you have to give us Bill back.  He's the only one who can-
Bill: -fix this!  Come on, we both know how this has to end.  You swap me for the Plan Kappa Jeb, and everything goes back to normal in both 'verses.  "Status quo is God", am I right?
Monolith: wee look who's 'dangerously genre savvy'.  no, Bill quoting tropes won't get you out of this.  in fact, your total disregard for the fourth wall in making everything worse!
Monolith: ...do you have any idea how many quicksaves and hyperedits  it's taken to do this stupid srossover so far?  it's getting ridiculous!
Bill: You want to talk ridiculous?  You've got two Jebs in one 'verse.  That's worse than anything I've ever done.

New page:

Monolith: ...oh, that won't be a problem, Bill.  Without you around to scum saves, i'd be suprised if either Jeb is still alive by the time i delete Kerbin.
PK-Jeb: Hey, I heard that!  Now listen here, you son-of-a-Lego (LEGO brick -MRS), send me back right now or I'll--
Monolith: (Hovering) YOU HAVE RECIEVED A WARNING, JEBEDIAH!
PK-Jeb: --AAAHHH!
Monolith: ...insults and threats, of any other behavior construed to be of a potentially rude of harassing  nature--

New page:

PK-Jeb: You call that a threat?  I've had enough of this.  Ramming speed!  You're going down, Blocko!
Jeb: Bill?  Is that you in there?  Hang on, buddy!  I'm coming to get you!
Monolith: wait. stop. Jeb.  Jeb.  let's discuss that calmly now, before it gets any--
*PK-Jeb and Jeb run into the Monolith at the same time*
FWWSSSSHHH!!!

New page:

Kenlie: OK, I got the mining program set up on the cone drawer-er, drone core, and-
Kenlie: -hey, where'd he go?
Kenlie: ...and how'd the Munolith get all the way up there?
Kenlie: Oh my goodness!  It's-It's-
Kenlie:  It's full of Jebs!

New page:

Kerbfleet-Jeb: Hey there!  I'm Jeb!
Plan Kappa-Jeb: Hi!  I'm Jeb!
The Asteriod Sentinels-Jeb: Ayyyy! I'm Jeb!
GRAND THEFT ROBOT-Jeb: "No, I am Jeb," said Jeb.
Duna Space Program-Jeb: "No, I'm Jeb!" - Jeb
My Career Mode Graphic Novel-Jeb: Hello!  I am Jeb!
After Time Adrift Among Open Stars-Jeb:
Monolith: --I was about  to say, before this gets any more confusing...

You mean more confusing than listing characters, anti-clockwise, from the bottom left, by author?  It is too bad that Wernher Von Kerman's mission log doesn't have Jeb in it though, it's a very fun read.

Thanks to every author on forums.

3 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

You mean more confusing than listing characters, anti-clockwise, from the bottom left, by author? 

Well if I'd done it clockwise from top left I'd have had to include my own Jeb, and there's enough Jebception going on as it is :) 

And regarding your editorial comment-- you're right! But the JEBEDIAH kerbonaut is too busy yelling right now to be concerned with anyone's proper trademarks :D 

Edited by Kuzzter

Now that is badS. Forget about flying everything that can fly - or even some things that can't. BadS is charging headlong into an alien monolith to get your buddy back.

General Order Zero - you better believe it.

11 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Well if I'd done it clockwise from top left I'd have had to include my own Jeb, and there's enough Jebception going on as it is :) 

And regarding your editorial comment-- you're right! But the JEBEDIAH kerbonaut is too busy yelling right now to be concerned with anyone's proper trademarks :D 

Don't worry, it was fun finding all those graphic novels' Jebs.

8 minutes ago, KSK said:

Now that is badS. Forget about flying everything that can fly - or even some things that can't. BadS is charging headlong into an alien monolith to get your buddy back.

General Order Zero - you better believe it.

Awwww... I just ran out of likes for the day.... remind me to like this one tomorrow!

The new definition of BadS........ beautiful!

36 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

The following is totally not canon, but I loved @Willbl3pic's idea so much I had to make it:

[picsnip]

Ooh, I've just realized that your avatar is holding a helmet. Seeing only the cropped picture, I always thought he was holding a planet in his hands. That would have been strangely fitting, Kuzzter playing with worlds...

Oh dear! The Invisible Menace approaches, and the kerbals are about to reach the asteroids and where'd my Jeb go!!! This is going to put a wrench in the plans, and this is going to be another problem in the list my kerbals have! You got the font for my Jeb correct. :) 

Another Jeb appeared in the strange interior space of the monolith. "Oh, not again." He sighed. "Danny, what have you done this time? Danny? Cursor? Hello? Oh god, did he clone me? It was only a matter of time until he found the cloning bug." This Jeb looked sad. He was covered in bruises and bandages. "What happened to you?" Asked the blue-skinned Alternis Jeb. "What didn't happen to you?" Asked this beaten up Jeb. "I'm guessing you crashed one too many times?" Asked another Jeb. "Nah, my space program's manager is just a sadistic b*st*rd. He's probably already killing Bill and Bob now."

Another few moments of chattering Jebs passed until someone else showed up. This time he had pink skin, a huge body, long legs, and a nose. "Hello? Who are all of you? Where am I?" He asked. "Who... what are you?" asked the Jeb from Brotoro's adventures. "I'm a human being from Earth. My name is Jebediah--" He was cut off by all of the other Jebs. "We know. YOu're Jebediah Kerman, aren't you?" "Jebediah Sherman, actually. I was just about to show Neil Armstrong who's boss."

Edited by GregroxMun

33 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

Another Jeb appeared in the strange interior space of the monolith. "Oh, not again." He sighed. "Danny, what have you done this time? Danny? Cursor? Hello? Oh god, did he clone me? It was only a matter of time until he found the cloning bug." This Jeb looked sad. He was covered in bruises and bandages. "What happened to you?" Asked the blue-skinned Alternis Jeb. "What didn't happen to you?" Asked this beaten up Jeb. "I'm guessing you crashed one too many times?" Asked another Jeb. "Nah, my space program's manager is just a sadistic b*st*rd. He's probably already killing Bill and Bob now."

Heh, thanks for putting that in--yeah, it really wasn't practical to include "text-only" Jebs, and I know I missed/didn't have room to show some of the other visual ones. Rest assured, they're all in there somewhere. :) 

Oh, and don't worry authors...

Spoiler

...once we clear up this mess and your Jebs escape Mister Blocko, remember that this is all happening in a spacetime continuum--so, your Jeb can return the instant he leaves, causing no disruption to continuity whatsoever! Unless you want one! Or, you know, change your mind later and do a retcon or some other kowmulch. I mean, that's what we do, right? We're fanfic authors! We can explain away anything!

:waves hands:

ETA: p.s. I am out of replikes for today. :( 

Edited by Kuzzter

Wow, all this Jeb crossover stuff is really scratcing at the back of my memory. :) Major blast from the past time....

On March 25, 2014 at 1:20 AM, Cydonian Monk said:

"So, who are you guys?" Kening looked from eye to eye, face to face, slightly creeped out yet unsure why. "You seem... familiar."

The youngest of the very aged group looked around at his friends and stepped forward. "We, my young spacekerb, are Jebediah Kerman."

20140325_ksp1702_jebediah.jpg

Well done.

QLQOtCC.png

mQnCLtv.png

21LDNp0.png

qzZCHxn.png

k7Qevp1.png

That was absolute blast! I cannot praise @Parkaboy enough for his excellent ideas and writing in this collaboration. I wonder if he's half as exhausted as I am? :D Also it was an unexpected treat to see so many other Jebs go "missing" in their own threads--you guys didn't have to do that, but it was great. Thank you! And thanks as always to the readers. If you came in from Plan Kappa, hey, I hope you stay--and vice versa to anyone who started out in this thread and got to enjoy Plan Kappa for the first time. :) 

So I'm probably going to take a short break now--I've gotten practically nothing done on the big ship, which is fitting I suppose with Bill 'unavailable'. Next up there will be a second interlude, and then we'll see if we can get this mission off to Jool before V1.1 drops and I have to hold up for mods and additional flight testing :)