[1.0.5] * Rocket Factory * - LeBeau Space Industries

RaendyLeBeau

10 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

Maybe a better name?

I love the Leia though. It's an accurate, stock-alike, but still balance representation of the CST-100.

And the Bootleg looks like the ISRO OV. Could you maybe increase the crew size to 2 though?

Hi Augustus,

:)  good question - but "Leia" and other 'Female' add-Names are Intentional. Why ?  I spend ship-names in

homage at my personal favorite 'space girls' ..... a short view in the IVA of 'princess Leia' will explain it better ^_^

(ok some IVA props at middle-deck are following.. )

11 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:
42 minutes ago, Proteus said:
42 minutes ago, Proteus said:

can i get these pods without any mechjeb plugin?just stand alone pods?

can i get these pods without any mechjeb plugin?just stand alone pods?

- yes this is possible i can make an appropiate Version without mechjeb integration for all pods

Maybe a better name?

I love the Leia though. It's an accurate, stock-alike, but still balance representation of the CST-100.

And the Bootleg looks like the ISRO OV. Could you maybe increase the crew size to 2 though?

Hi Augustus,

:)  good question - but "Leia" and other 'Female' add-Names are Intentional. Why ?  I spend a name for some 'ship'

in homage at my personal favorite 'space girls' ..... a short view in the IVA will explain it better

On 12/2/2015, 4:46:42, RaendyLeBeau said:

Hi Augustus,

:)  good question - but "Leia" and other 'Female' add-Names are Intentional. Why ?  I spend ship-names in

homage at my personal favorite 'space girls' ..... a short view in the IVA of 'princess Leia' will explain it better ^_^

(ok some IVA props at middle-deck are following.. )

I meant the mod name, I love the capsule's name though.

Could you maybe release a beta test of the Leia? I'm really eager to fly it.

13 hours ago, _Augustus_ said:

I meant the mod name, I love the capsule's name though.

Could you maybe release a beta test of the Leia? I'm really eager to fly it.

Hi Augustus,

- yes why not.  :lol:   do you have a suggestion for appropriate Mod name ?

- yes i can place later a pre-release link (dropbox) - for pods and other parts there are finished.

cheers Raendy

On name distinction, perhaps since your planned parts don't cross into atmo flight, rovers, or space habitation, "LBSI's Stockalike Rocketry Expansion" (I think SRE isn't a spoken for mod acronym yet XD)

Edited by Venusgate

5 hours ago, Venusgate said:

On name distinction, perhaps since your planned parts don't cross into atmo flight, rovers, or space habitation, "LBSI's Stockalike Rocketry Expansion" (I think SRE isn't a spoken for mod acronym yet XD)

Hi Venusgate

YES ! i appreciate your help, you are right. i will change it.

but is possible to edit/change the title from a launched 'topic'  ... i will try it..  not later than the publication I will do so !

thank you for the tip !  :)

On 12/4/2015, 7:35:03, RaendyLeBeau said:

Hi Augustus,

- yes why not.  :lol:   do you have a suggestion for appropriate Mod name ?

- yes i can place later a pre-release link (dropbox) - for pods and other parts there are finished.

cheers Raendy

?

Why can't you release a Leia test version, just containing the Leia capsule?

YES! PLEEEZE rename this mod.... "Stockalike", "expansion", and "pack" are much too generic to have in a mod name, ESPECIALLY all together...Unless there is another VERY unique name or word in the title...

Just Google for " kerbal stockalike", or " kerbal expansion" to see what I mean...

thank you for all the help and support

- i changed name to "LBSI's Stockalike Rocketry Expansion"   I hope it fits :)

- just added more pictures about Engines, Fuel Tanks more photos will follow

for suggestions and improvements I am open at any time

cheers, reandy

- left one without blender Smooting/Edge Splitting - only Unity Normal/Tangent smoothing (Model import , calculate .. )

- right one : Blender Smooting and Edge Splitting - without Unity Tangent smoothing..

ps. thanks a lot CobaltWolf to give me a hint about blender & mesh smoothing. :)

- Now the question arises what looks better ? 

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

The one on the right looks better! Also I can't wait for this mod to come out, it looks super good.

Btw can you take these suggestions?

1. Inflatable centrifuge for artificial gravity

2. Airlocks of 1.25m diameter

3. 1.25m, 2.5m, and 3.75m ion engines

Edited by AJTheMighty

9 hours ago, DGatsby said:

I can't really tell the difference between the two. Maybe I need glasses? 

Also, any chance you'd release a preview build of either the Bootleg or Kappa pod? :))))

the right one looks smoother than the first. but the fist have more edges in the front windows area, it looks bit 80' design - 'edges and charakter'  :)

(now do not know what looks better) 

- probably i will release a preview build of either 1.25m POD's , still have to deal a lot of work with the MOD to me before Christmas   * :cool: 

*can someone tell me whether it is a Christmas emoticon to these forums   :D

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

7 hours ago, AJTheMighty said:

The one on the right looks better! Also I can't wait for this mod to come out, it looks super good.

Btw can you take these suggestions?

1. Inflatable centrifuge for artificial gravity

2. Airlocks of 1.25m diameter

3. 1.25m, 2.5m, and 3.75m ion engines

Hi AJ,

yes sounds good  2.5m sollid fuel booster !!  (I could create relatively quickly - but think because there are some mods provide this in abundance like "KW Rocketry")

- sorry i do not understand what you mean in point 3  (Airlocks of 1.25m diameter ?)

- is very interesting a Inflatable Centrifuge or Habitat ( like porkjets  "Habitat Pack" ) I watch something I can do as what it does not yet exist :D

like this one ( an older prototyp)

- external dimensions

6QUSeXc.png

- Module infalte/deflate

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

this was my last version of Habitat-Module- i taked just a couple of picture ^_^

- my intention was to create a stable and modular design of the construction.. see the last pictures take stills with two habitat Modules, this would certainly create a larger space station ..

- obviously not part of my mod package - but who knows maybe later - the next mods will be more in the current space program as SpaceX, for example, or Blue Origin 

such as here - dragon-v1 scale rebuild,

have made recordings also an internal cabins, well the cockpit panel I might have exaggerated a little  :cool:

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

5 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

the right one looks smoother than the first. but the fist have more edges in the front windows area, it looks bit 80' design - 'edges and charakter'  :)

(now do not know what looks better) 

- probably i will release a preview build of either 1.25m POD's , still have to deal a lot of work with the MOD to me before Christmas   * :cool: 

*can someone tell me whether it is a Christmas emoticon to these forums   :D

I can see the differences now! I think my preference would be for the one on the right (but they both look great, so I don't think you can go wrong either way!)

Looking forward to the preview build; remember to take time to enjoy the holidays! 

@RaendyLeBeau The centrifuge habitat looks amazing, thank you so much for taking my suggestions, and really good job on the centrifuge. But IMO, it could have a counter rotating flywheel to look more accurate, as the whole ship would rotate without a flywheel. By the way, can the centrifuge have duct tape applied on one spot for more Kerbalness? As for the Voyager class cockpit, heres me suggestions for the IVA: It'd be like a bar lounge mixed with a double-decker aircraft, the bottom having like a little pantry and a fold-out bed, and the upper deck would have like some controls, the main command seat at the very front. Now if you excuse me, here are some moar suggests, these are dedicated mostly to deep-space exploration:

• Circular solar array (looks like the Orion's old service module's solar arays when unfurled)
  • 2.5m ion engine (drains lots of power yet ridiculously efficient even at low thrust)
  • 1.25m and 2.5m nuclear reactors (when active produce over 350 electric charge per second)
  • 2.5m nuclear engine with built-in monopropellant tanks on the side
Edited by AJTheMighty

15 hours ago, AJTheMighty said:

@RaendyLeBeau The centrifuge habitat looks amazing, thank you so much for taking my suggestions, and really good job on the centrifuge. But IMO, it could have a counter rotating flywheel to look more accurate, as the whole ship would rotate without a flywheel. By the way, can the centrifuge have duct tape applied on one spot for more Kerbalness? As for the Voyager class cockpit, heres me suggestions for the IVA: It'd be like a bar lounge mixed with a double-decker aircraft, the bottom having like a little pantry and a fold-out bed, and the upper deck would have like some controls, the main command seat at the very front. Now if you excuse me, here are some moar suggests, these are dedicated mostly to deep-space exploration:

• Circular solar array (looks like the Orion's old service module's solar arays when unfurled)
  • 2.5m ion engine (drains lots of power yet ridiculously efficient even at low thrust)
  • 1.25m and 2.5m nuclear reactors (when active produce over 350 electric charge per second)
  • 2.5m nuclear engine with built-in monopropellant tanks on the side

hello AJ,

the internals consist of Sigma already, so well might have a bar or can set launch on the middle deck.

The props are missing partially, but will follow. as the intenals currently may look a little trip had see- man here documented by DUNA with pictures.

Partly it has parts that are not quite ready. But the internals should be well visible.

Have fun, cheers

PART ONE -  trip to DUNA with SiGMA-V Crew

PART TWO -  trip to DUNA with SiGMA-V Crew

- oh other parts now shortly before the Christmas release to start over .. do not think I can carry no more time.

Which does not mean that I wish parts may refer to a later release mod.:D 

On 12/5/2015, 4:49:12, RaendyLeBeau said:

- left one without blender Smooting/Edge Splitting - only Unity Normal/Tangent smoothing (Model import , calculate .. )

- right one : Blender Smooting and Edge Splitting - without Unity Tangent smoothing..

ps. thanks a lot CobaltWolf to give me a hint about blender & mesh smoothing. :)

- Now the question arises what looks better ? 

It's definitely an artistic decision! At the end of the day, it comes down to whether or not you want it to appear smooth. Leaving edges set to hard render makes it appear like flat panels coming together. I think on that cockpit you could go either way in the area around the window, but the body of the cockpit should definitely be smoothed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.