So, what did you get?

UnionPacific1983WP

I got a framed Adrian Peterson jersey,  few vikings t-shirts, a long awaited 4 slice toaster(great for making waffles) and a 20$ steam gift card, which I used to purchase a racing game called "distance". Best game I've played in a while, very fun.

Oh and every year I get a pie, but this year I got 2 :D

I got two new monitors, some candy and a bunch of other gift cards meant for one thing or another. 

I then traded those gift cards in with my parents (stuff like target gift cards) and went out and upgraded my computer HEAVILY.

Basically the only thing i am still using from before Christmas is my mouse pad, and my headset, the only thing broken in the first place :P

2 hours ago, sal_vager said:

I got socks and aftershave, I already have socks and I don't use aftershave :D

Comes with age I guess?

I already got my present a few months early, since I needed a new electrical tooth brush after the breakup of my medium-distance relationship and my mother was getting a new one for herself too at the time, I think it was a sale - so very un-xmassy but reasonable (re: age).

Since there are no (real) children in our family at the moment we do not make "cross household" presents anymore. But the youngest (one of my cousins) thought that dull and so she prepared a little something (mostly sweets, which I tend to bring to work to not keep it till next christmas and beyond, if you know what I mean ...).

And there was always grandmas christmas package for us, as her oldest daughter (my mother) and we (my father and me) are the only ones to have left the family's hometown, she always sent us our presents, usually a collections of smaller things like scarfs, gloves, books etc. This year she gave it to us early while we were visiting a few weeks before christmas, so it was already waiting to be unpacked on christmas eve.
Which was fortunate because she had a heart attack late at night and passed away during surgery in the early morning of the 24th - which made reading her handwritten card later that evening a special kind of weird.

Edited by KerbMav

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 10:46 PM, Spaceception said:

I have that "Back in my day" shirt, since I was six when they demoted Pluto, what color is your shirt? Mine's black.

Mine is also black

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2015 at 11:34 PM, pTrevTrevs said:

Where can I find one of these shirts? I guess since I was alive when they demoted Pluto, I can wear it, even if I was only a kid. I forget, was it in 2006 or 2008 when they kicked Pluto?

I will see my friends later this evening.  I'll try and remember to ask where they got it from

On 12/25/2015 at 5:54 PM, cantab said:

And some money. Which is good, because in the back of the build instructions I saw an advert for this set and was immediately like "OMG I WANT THAT"  :D

60080_prod_pri_744.jpg

Proud owner of the 10213 Shuttle Adventure:cool:

latest?cb=20100525135834

Anyway, I got:

DaVinci Jr. 3D printer

Thing Explainer and Red Mars

Two SpaceX t-shirts

Various diabetes-inducing food products :sticktongue:

For Hanukkah, I got:
A shaving set from The Art of Shaving (which I really like. It makes me want to shave now.)
3 of these stamps

Spoiler

Stamp-Apollo-8.single.jpg

inside this book

Spoiler

22609391.jpg

I also got letters from some elected officials congratulating me on earning Eagle Scout. (My parents had hidden them, and then forgot to give them to me at my Court of Honor.)

A resolution from my state's senate, congratulating me on Eagle, and saying that they think that Scouting is great, yada yada.

And best of all, I got a handwritten note from my mom and dad, telling me that they loved me and wishing me the best in all that I do. Not gonna lie, I was really moved.

Edited by Dman979
Removed some locations.

36 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

-snip snip snip -

So that's what it's like having supportive parents.  Huh.

As a kid, I'd often get socks for X-Mas, which as a child is not a great gift.  As an 26-year old man, I was rather sad no one got me any socks :(

What I was gifted was candy, an electric toothbrush, and a new jacket.  Got my dad a bottle of his favorite whiskey, got my mom a necklace (I have no idea what to get for women, so it usually ends up being cheap(ish) jewelry), and got my brother some... stuff he enjoys.

Since I've been making decent money, I ordered a few things for myself, including an iPhone 5C (first smartphone I've ever had... mainly as a practice phone so I can get another part-time job repairing them), a few video games, and also made arrangements to purchase a used car.  I almost feel like an adult!

Edited by Slam_Jones

3 hours ago, Slam_Jones said:

As a kid, I'd often get socks for X-Mas, which as a child is not a great gift.  As an 26-year old man, I was rather sad no one got me any socks :(

That sad moment in life when socks and underwear actually become a desirable present.

tumblr_m6c887HwbF1r8gnxa.gif

cute-gif-Loki-Tom-Hiddleston-sad-smiling

Edited by Camacha
It broke.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.