So, what did you get?

UnionPacific1983WP

Well, another year, another post.

Acer XF240H (144Hz, 24". 1080p, FreeSync)

HyperX Cloud Core

Duran Duran albums (Rio, Duran Duran, Seven and the Ragged Tiger, and Greatest)

Peter Schilling's Different Story | World of Lust and Crime album

About $150 or so

A new sherpa jacket

6-pack of duster gas (I use a lot when cleaning my keyboard and PC)

96-pack of Dixon Ticonderoga pencils because those are the only pencils on the planet worth using.

And finally a 4" Eucl3d print of the Saturn 1C from Bluedog Design Bureau.

And I'm probably forgetting a few things.

On 26/12/2015 at 9:39 PM, gliese-aerospace said:

I got a chocolate bar and a new backpack! Yeah, it might not sound like much but it's better than nothing! ☺️

What is wrong with a chocolate bar and a backpack? Those sound like perfectly normal and acceptable gifts to me, and pretty neat ones to boot.

On 31/12/2015 at 1:44 AM, Aperture Science said:

Ooh, for Christmas I got the finest sample of Earth's atmosphere possible from the region around where I live.

...yeah. Nothing.

To be fair, without atmospheric samples, life gets pretty sparse fairly quickly.

I got all this:

irqA09f.jpg

...plus the new Rush documentary, Time Stand Still, covering their final tour (I saw them in Greensboro, NC during that tour) and fans.

Since xmas is also our anniversary, I also got a colorized, framed image of the soundwave of the Rush song, Ghost of a Chance.  I'm just glad she didn't pick something from Vapor Trails - that entire album is bricked, and it would be a solid block, instead of the normal peaks and valleys on better-mastered albums.  Damn loudness wars...

I got some drawing gear, you know, fineliners, pencils, sketchbooks, etc. I also got some space books.

And although it is not really a christmas present, i also went to Disneyland and Paris this year for the days between Christmas and New Year.

On 26/12/2015 at 7:29 AM, Just Jim said:

And my daughter and her boyfriend bought me a Tardis tea cup that I will break in later watching the Dr. Who Christmas special....

Is that a large one with a lid or is it different? Because I got a large one that is quite tricky to drink out of unless you use the corner. 

On 26/12/2015 at 9:24 AM, cantab said:

60080_prod_pri_744.jpg

That looks awesome. You should definitely get it. 

As for me, mostly money which I spent on a 500gb barracuda HDD to go along with my 254gb ssd in my gaming laptop. Soon I will be getting a Blu-ray Disc reader/writer for it as well. And a block of Old Gold chocolate. And a new cricket bat.

Edit: Just realised I was looking at the first post in this thread, not the last. Sorry for the necro-quote guys. 

Edited by Benji13

2 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Is that a large one with a lid or is it different? Because I got a large one that is quite tricky to drink out of unless you use the corner. 

Edit: Just realised I was looking at the first post in this thread, not the last. Sorry for the necro-quote guys. 

It was the large, rectangle one you're talking about. Yeah, it's not the easiest to drink from. But it makes a great decoration.  

And yes, that was last year. This year I didn't get anything kerbal related, but my daughter got me a really cool Cthulhu collectible figurine. 

As for the necro-quote, I've gotten to know a couple moderators fairly well, and because of what it's about, I have a feeling they won't say much if we necro this particular thread once a year.

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, UnionPacific1983WP said:
  • 2.72 TB external hard drive
  • Widescreen monitor
  • Railroad lantern
  • A bunch of other miscellaneous things

Green Lantern.
Monitor on the other side.
(Other stuff)

Anti-Monitor from Green Lantern has been deanonymized.

Spoiler

Monitors_(DC_Universe).png

(Not that I read comics, but was impressed with such combination: computer and railroad lantern)

Edited by kerbiloid

i might grab a forum warning or ban but anyway, this and that: (disclaimer: some of the gifts might not follow the forums rules, open and watch with caution)

Spoiler

izarra.jpg?w=640
March%C3%A9-de-lOncle-HANSI-LOGO.jpg?res
^(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Père_Fouettard) ; various products
Portugal-vacances-voyage-412.jpg
various products as well (including "kraken" yeah yeah ik ik+ ) :3 ^^
so mostly some miam miam and glou glou and slurp slurp stuff for later ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

On 31/12/2016 at 5:08 AM, 0111narwhalz said:

I got this:

[image]

and a programming course.
The robot overlords cometh!

Cool :) It suprises me a bit that Arduinos and other microcontrollers are not discussed more on the forums. After all, KSP is an almost perfect virtual environment for robotics and embedded systems and Infernal Robotics and kOS seem pretty popular.

4 hours ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

... forum warning or ban ...

Heh... I'll join you. My Christmas / New Year rolled into one was a wonderful dinner with some of my lovely Georgian lady-friends. Dinner was as marvelous as the company, we dined at Oda House, and I brought along some select Saperavi (Kakheti) 2008 from my collection. :cool:

14 hours ago, munlander1 said:

I got a 10 inch Newtonian astrograph (telescope) and an Orion Altas eq-g mount. The rest was just some small stuff in between. 

That sounds like the business! I should use my own telescopes more, trouble is the garden's a jungle. Guess I could drive to a dark sky site, might feel a bit unsafe by myself though.

2 hours ago, monstah said:

Pots and pans! Knives! And a barbecue grill!

And I'm so happy about it. Ah, being a grown-up. (I cooked on the pots already, and they're good)

Hope they're good ones. My mum bought some quality stainless steel pans way back when and we've had them for a couple of decades now.

But as for what I got this year:

Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters DLC (got early), been playing that again. The big volcano Lego set which is pretty neat, good builds and some unique pieces. Yummy tea and biscuits. A fragrance which I haven't even opened yet. And a cheque.

And for what I gave: Mum got books, cuddlies, and board games. Work secret Santa got Nando's sauces (and I got nothing in return because some people were absent from the gift exchange and party :( ). Everyone else got books.

Next year everyone's getting CDs because they're lighter and cheaper to post!

4 hours ago, monstah said:

Pots and pans! Knives! And a barbecue grill!

And I'm so happy about it. Ah, being a grown-up. (I cooked on the pots already, and they're good)

food and drink food and drink ^^ stomach is happy sure thing and quiet simple and efficient ^^ gonna have a lunch in anice place soon with a homeless college friend, could sound silly but well litlle thing and life  is strange series, and sometime life just happen i guess

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.