Batman V Superman; Who will win?

Spaceception

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Batman
    • Superman
    • Alfred
    • Who the heck are these "Batmans" and "Supermans"?

No matter who wins.......

......we lose.

I'm tired of the "hero vs. hero" trope we keep seeing in modern cinema. They are heroes. They're supposed to know better than to fight each other.

(the funniest part of Iron Man. vs. Thor was when Captain America bonked both of them with his shield and said "both of you knock it off or I will turn this movie around!!")

Superman can move at the speed of light, is indestructible, has X-ray vision, can fly, etc., etc., etc. He has ONE vulnerability, which is kryptonite. Which he knows he needs to avoid. So seriously, there is no sane way Batman could even give him much of a fight. If this movie isn't over in 2 seconds with Batman a stain on the sidewalk, I will be annoyed. 

Or at least I would be if I was going to see it, which I'm not. Tired of superhero movies. 

As much as i dislike the DC universe, i have to say im interested to see how this movie is going to be more that 30 seconds long. I think it can go two ways though:

batman:  you are being a bad boy superman, im need to stop you.

superman: *splats the bat, moves into wayne manner*

or, because batman is a sneaky kind of anti-hero,

batman: hey superman, i really dig this new bad boy kick you are on. I went through that phase in my twenties. We should hang out. Oh yeah, alfred baked you these cookies, try one.

superman: thanks bruce, i just got sick of having to pretend to be such a nerd all the time. I saw how much tail you were getting with your 'sort of good guy but not really' act so i figured i'd try it. These cookies are great by the way, thank alfre- wait, do these have kryptonite in them? Im alergic to kryptoni-*gurggle*

batman: *splats superman then gets angsty over killing his bff*

24 minutes ago, DestinyPlayer said:

There was that one fan-comic where Batman injected kryptonite into his bones, and Superman threw him into the sun, thus somehow making it so that the sun radiates kryptonite radiation or something. Thus Superman melted. DRAW.

I do see a tiny flaw in that scenario.
Batman has Kryptonite in his bones so whenever Superman gets close to him he looses his strength. Superman can not have tossed Batman into the sun because he doesn't have the strength for it.

Edited by Tex_NL
typo

Jeb will build the most Bad-S rocket ever, then land on them both and do that thing with the klaws that destroys the planet. That combined with the intense lag will make both of them oblivious to the fact that they just fell through the planet and shot out the other side at ~8c. They will both die in space and everyone will forget about the whole thing.

22 hours ago, RainDreamer said:

There is no winner when two megalomaniacs fight each other and ruin everything around them. The result would just be more destruction and suffering for the common people.

But enough about Trump and Cruz, how about Batman vs Superman?

Superman's most significant power has nothing to do with physical feats, its not laserseyes or flight or superstrength.

It is his super-humility.

At any point, Superman could choose to conquer Earth and all humanity, whether this might be for benevolent or malign purpose is almost irrelevant, the choice is his alone.

He knows, or at least thinks, that irrespective of his motives, it could easily lead to destructive conflict.

He knows, or at least thinks, that it would be a morally questionable course of action to take mankinds fate into his own, sole, hands.

What this means for a [insert hero] vs. Superman question is not clear. How do you fight someone whose supreme power is the power-not-to-fight.

This explains well the fact that the BatmanVSuperman movie will last more than 5 seconds.

I don't know much about the upcoming movie but here are my predictions:

Batman spends half the movie beating up superman, whilst superman just goes with it and does his utility bills in his head.

A common threat turns up. Or possibly a common interest. Or Superman buys a lot of shares in Wayne Enterprises.

Batman and Superman extend an uneasy truce.

Teaser for sequel.

The end - who won? NOBODY. YET. oooOOOooohhh!!!

Obligatory post-credits sequence.

[No filmmaker is going to dare settle the fight and risk alienating half their paying customers...]

If I remember correctly, in the Lego Batman game, Batman had a huge stash of kryptonite in the Batcave. To be fair, Lego games can't exactly be considered canon, but it does make sense and can be expected of someone like Batman to keep at least a little kryptonite against the possibility of fighting Superman (I guess it's already been established that the two heroes live in the same universe by the fact that this movie exists at all). Fortunately for Batman, he doesn't really have any weaknesses that can be exploited by Superman, except that he relies on technology and lacks any real superpowers

Basically, as long as Batman has some kryptonite with him, he's gonna beat Superman into the ground. But that seems like it would almost be too easy, I'm sure the filmmakers have some sort of workaround to make the movie longer.

Damn... I really ought to consider getting a life...

3 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

If I remember correctly, in the Lego Batman game, Batman had a huge stash of kryptonite in the Batcave. To be fair, Lego games can't exactly be considered canon, but it does make sense and can be expected of someone like Batman to keep at least a little kryptonite against the possibility of fighting Superman (I guess it's already been established that the two heroes live in the same universe by the fact that this movie exists at all). Fortunately for Batman, he doesn't really have any weaknesses that can be exploited by Superman, except that he relies on technology and lacks any real superpowers

Basically, as long as Batman has some kryptonite with him, he's gonna beat Superman into the ground. But that seems like it would almost be too easy, I'm sure the filmmakers have some sort of workaround to make the movie longer.

Damn... I really ought to consider getting a life...

Considering that Superman is not actually the last of his people and sometimes distant relative just come over for weekend visit/destruction of earth...I think it would make sense that batman would stock some kryptonite anyway just in case.

I don't see how Batman having access to kryptonite would matter beyond the first surprise. Superman doesn't have to get close to use his heat vision, super breath, throw rail cars...

Hell, get Batman away from innocent bystanders and Supe could drop meteors on him from orbit. How is this supposed to be challenging?

What did you think of Batman's costume in the trailer? I thought it was looking more like powered armor than a bat-suit. How far we've come from Adam West's spandex and George Clooney's molded nipples. :)

Grounded kryptonite mixed in city water supply. Kill no one but Superman, and virtually untraceable. But of course, for all his alleged intellect, barman always prefer to don a suit and punch stuff while grumble in a super deep voice.

13 hours ago, Beowolf said:

What did you think of Batman's costume in the trailer? I thought it was looking more like powered armor than a bat-suit. How far we've come from Adam West's spandex and George Clooney's molded nipples. :)

Happily.

I am kinda curious about this one. As a fight movie it makes zero sense, so presumably it will be more of a 'but what is heroic?' kind of movie.

On 3/6/2016 at 8:09 PM, Vanamonde said:

Superman can move at the speed of light, is indestructible, has X-ray vision, can fly, etc., etc., etc. He has ONE vulnerability, which is kryptonite. Which he knows he needs to avoid. So seriously, there is no sane way Batman could even give him much of a fight.

In "The Dark Knight Returns" (old 90's-ish comic book miniseries).......

Spoiler

......Bruce Wayne figured out how to make synthetic kryptonite!

Who cares? I've never really cared for comic book franchises but have enjoyed the recent Marvel movies as good action flicks. I've always thought the DC based series were darker and not as enjoyable as the Marvel ones, though the Dark Night series directed by Nolan where good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.