[1.1.3] Mk1 Cockpit RPM Internals - Now with ASET!

fast_de_la_speed

13 minutes ago, damowang2 said:

The ground proximity system keeps giving warning on negative vertical speed, even in high air, which is rather annoying...I cannot figure out a way to limit it. Should I tell the author of ASET to look into it? 

I think you should go to the ASET author. :)

I just tried it out, and it did show warnings, but it wasn't particularly annoying to me. If there was a sound, then maybe.

@fast_de_la_speed

I believe you need to add the GPWS switch, seen in this photo almost center, to all the cockpits using ASET as an alarm will sound that can not be turn off without this switch. Too many aset iva makers forget this making the cockpit terrible for use in atmosphere because once that alarm starts there isn't a easy way to turn it off. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@fast_de_la_speed

I believe you need to add the GPWS switch, seen in this photo almost center, to all the cockpits using ASET as an alarm will sound that can not be turn off without this switch. Too many aset iva makers forget this making the cockpit terrible for use in atmosphere because once that alarm starts there isn't a easy way to turn it off. Thanks! 

Hmm, I have added the switch here

FINNt23.png

yet i still get the warnings seen here. I have no sound or alarm with or without the switch, and in the Mk1 standard the switch does nothing but fill an empty space, as there is no warnings like in the inline. One audible alarm I have heard is a high G alarm, but nothing for negative vertical speed, only these visuals

Edited by fast_de_la_speed

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I manually install those RPM add-ons? (I'm on OS X)

RPM needs its own JSI folder into GameData, which has other folders.

Should I unpack and move other cockpits and internal views into GameData/JSI, or simply into GameData? Some of those add-ons for RPM do not show or indicate precisely where they need to be.

There is also a folder GameData/ASET that should contains ASET_Avionics and ASET_Props.

Edited by carlorizzante

Hmm.. I don't have OSX, but I would simply place the Mk1RPMInternal folder into Gamedata. I don't know why you don't have anything in the ASET folder, did you extract files properly? I have heard that OSX will overwrite entire folders with same names and not merge them like windows. Try to go into the ASET zips and copy the folders inside GameData/ASET into Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ASET

OK so ran into problem today and idk what exactly is causing it.  The attitude screen is missing the digital ball, everything else seems to work fine, and even the attitude screen has all its read outs nav icons, numbers showing speeds, alt pitch roll, etc just the navball itself is missing, checked other pods and the mk1-2 iva replacement is having same issue, but stock cockpits the like mk2 space plane works fine, so it doesn't "seem" to be rpm.  Anyone else had trouble or any idea on where to trouble shoot?

2 hours ago, reedhashlock said:

Hi, great mod! I was just wondering, I want to use this mod to replace the IVA's of all the other cockpit mods I downloaded. Is there anyway to do that? A shove in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

if you have ASET it should trump over the other cockpits as I don't think there are any other ASET based patches for the Mk1 and Mk1 inline. If that does not work, open the MMASET.cfg file and remove :Final from the two lines that have it, and it should work.

23 hours ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

if you have ASET it should trump over the other cockpits as I don't think there are any other ASET based patches for the Mk1 and Mk1 inline. If that does not work, open the MMASET.cfg file and remove :Final from the two lines that have it, and it should work.

I'll try it out. Thanks

fast_de_la_Speed: Very nice work! Since you obviously have some experience with IVA moding, here is "my problem":

I play KSP with TrackIR. Very useful particularly in IVA. TrackIR allows you to control the view with your head movement. Now, in recent version of the game (1.1.x), Squad decided to add the actual and complete Kerbal astronaut model in any IVA situation. With TrackIR, the problem is that you can translate the view inside the cockpit on all 3 axis which cause some nasty "i-see-inside-that-kerbal-head" problem, masking and preventing clear vision off the instrumentations:

7d1KtaT.jpg

(those black dots and white shapes are actually the pilots eyes!)

Could it be possible to disable the IVA character model completely to solve this problem? In KSP version prior to 1.1, Squad had the kerbal head disabled while in IVA...

Edited by Galenmacil
added image, finally!

@Galenmacil

I actually don't know how to disable the interior Kerbal model. it's been bugging me too, especially in developing the Rovers and Roadsters internals. Maybe somebody with plugin writing skills could implement this fix. (as well as fixing the ridiculous clipping distance in the new version, I can't zoom in too close without seeing that nasty "inside-the-kerbal" view, who thought that was a good idea?)

On April 25, 2016 at 2:56 PM, fast_de_la_speed said:

Hmm, I have added the switch here

yet i still get the warnings seen here. I have no sound or alarm with or without the switch, and in the Mk1 standard the switch does nothing but fill an empty space, as there is no warnings like in the inline. One audible alarm I have heard is a high G alarm, but nothing for negative vertical speed, only these visuals

Maybe I am the only one as I run a bunch of mods so make its some conflict, but I constantly have the ground prix warning go off when my vert speed is a bit negative even several kilometers up. Doesn't bother me much as long as I have that switch :wink:. Have you or would you upload the config to make those changes to the inline? Thanks! I seriously love this mod can't wait to build some bd fighters once wheels get sorted out.

I posted this problem on the ASET Prop thread but here is a repeat just in case:

Spoiler

Here a screenshot showing a problem with Longitude display:

tRTRhGk.jpg

See the red circle? It shows as N or S instead of E or W...

Edited by Galenmacil

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Hey @fast_de_la_speed does version 2.11 work with 1.0.5? if not i am fine with v2.1 but it doesnt hurt to ask.

i am rounding up the mod on my 1.1.2 file to make a 1.0.5 file to wait to wheels off. 

Thanks FireStriker

xD

It should work, as none of the names of any props have changed between 1.0 and 1.1, and ASET hasn't been specially updated for 1.1 :)

(also sorry for the spoiler below this, the forum editor on android doesn't let you delete it)

Spoiler

Just now, fast_de_la_speed said:

It should work, as none of the names of any props have changed between 1.0 and 1.1, and ASET hasn't been specially updated for 1.1 :)

(also sorry for the spoiler below this, the forum editor on android doesn't let you delete it)

Reveal hidden contents

thanks i will backdate my 1.1.2 version to 1.11 and add 1.11 to 1.0.5

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/06/2016 at 9:34 PM, LabRats said:

My Mk1 inline is upside down with this mod installed. Am I encountering a mod conflict, or is someone else experiencing this since 1.1.3?

hmm, that's odd. it must be another mod, as this mod only adds props, it does not change the internal model.

On 29/06/2016 at 3:26 PM, xaj1x said:

Theirs been a problem I installed all the mods needed for this mod and so when I go into my Mk1 Inline cockpit it doesn't work at all it still views as the regular vanilla parts.

do you have modulemanager?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.