[1.1] Trails - Standalone Gemini Spacecraft [Released!]

Beale

Just now, Calvin_Maclure said:

Well, basically, prior to installing the TRAILS mod, some crafts were not loading (missing components, e.g.: Spica RCS). I thought this would be fixed once I installed the recently released TRAILS mod. However, Im still getting all of the same ships not loading. All of these ships used Gemini components. So Im wondering now, what the fix for this is. Is it just a question of reverting the part names to their old ones (as found in Tantares for 1.0.5)?

Oh okay, I understand what you ask now.

No, this will not fix those crafts unfortunately. Trails is an entirely separate entity. It will provide some of the old lost Tantares Gemini parts with comparable parts (like the RCS), but they are different parts and incompatible.

3 minutes ago, hoojiwana said:

Moved to Add-on Releases. In future pinging a bunch of moderators is probably not the best way of getting our attention, use the thread Beale linked for this sort of thing, thanks!

Thank you based Hooj. Understood!

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SirusKing said:

Is this compatable with realism overhaul? (Resizing?)

Nope*, but if you make a config I will include it. :) 

*It will work in RSS alone, but not tuned to realism overhaul.

Edited by Beale

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, tg626 said:

I got desperate, its the IVA from the K2 pod.

I also MM updated the capsule for v1.2 ...

The TRAILs parts are now in BDB, you should be able to download BDB and delete all the other parts and use just the Leo parts to get the same as this mod.

I'm doing some conversion.  The service module is now a tank with RCS and decoupler and can be staged as usual. It has a new extra node to tuck a tiny LFO engine in over that square hatch looking spot on the bottom, and carried LF and LOX of course.  The parachute now appears as such on the staging icons.  Little things like that.

6 hours ago, tg626 said:

I'm doing some conversion.  The service module is now a tank with RCS and decoupler and can be staged as usual. It has a new extra node to tuck a tiny LFO engine in over that square hatch looking spot on the bottom, and carried LF and LOX of course.  The parachute now appears as such on the staging icons.  Little things like that.

I did not see the work you have been doing! Very nice!

You're welcome to take over it / etc (is true for anyone else also). If you would like, sorry I am poor at maintaining things at the moment.

Thank you Beale.  I was going to ask your blessing on this once I was satisfied with the results, so thank you!  And no need to appologize - in KSP alone you've got a lot to ride herd on let alone what even might be happening out in the real world.  

6 minutes ago, tg626 said:

@Beale, you wouldn't be willing to share your iva source with me would you? The FASA one BDB is using is nice, but the licensing on it is restrictive...

FASA's stuff is under CC-BY-NC-SA now. If you modify the FASA IVA to better fit (since the detail is AWESOME) I'd greatly appreciate sharing it back to include in BDB (with credits for the modification work). Ditto if you finish Beale's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.