[1.2.x] Rocket Factory 1.2x - LeBeau Space Industries

RaendyLeBeau

On 3.4.2016 at 5:21 PM, RaendyLeBeau said:

8 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

hi probus, I made a few tests. did not detect a fault. only situation is when the door (airlock / hatch) is already occupied by another kerbal. - Then the door (airlock -hatch) is blocked (see picture nr.14+15) . Of course also the hatch can blocked otherwise with another construction block or part.. but as I said I've done a few tests. could not fault notice all kerbals come out and back in from EVA 

Scuzi signore LeBeau,

I also had it happen to me, that I could send a Kerbal out on an EVA but he was not able to get back in. There was neither an option displayed to grab nor to board at the crew hatch. The capsule I used was LBSI Kappa NK-V Leia Serie SX ( 4-crew pod ).

This happens using the current 1.1 pre-release 64bit Windows version of KSP. Maybe you get a chance to investigate further with this information.

Thanks & greetings,

Dani

I like the design of stuff in this mod, the structural parts are a nice bonus for making cool ships, more structural parts is always better. Command pods look great :D, they are better than stock but not OP. The different fuel tanks are good for making more beautiful craft. The solar panels are well designed, for stock craft they are completely OP though, they generate on average 20 times more energy than stock solar panels for equal mass. I like them anyway because they are balanced and actually required in combination with argon and xenon engines in some other mods.

However, some stuff is really too overpowered for them to be enjoyed by anyone who plays ksp for the challenge, most people.
That LAE250 engine is a thruster/RCS block in size and weight but has thrust and lsp equal to engines for heavy lifting.
The electric and fuel generators are exactly like using the infinite fuel and electricity cheats.
"Requires 24/min electric charge - output 26,5/sec electric charge"
"Requires 24/min electric charge - output 420 liquid fuel/sec & 420 oxidizer/sec & 260/sec monopropellant"

$300 stayputnik + $75 solar panel + $70 empty oscar fuel tank + your generators + your LAE engine = $7.595 / 1,5 ton / 13.5TWR craft with infinite fuel & electricity. I don't think anyone wants to land on every planet and moon in the universe for $7.595 on a single launch :huh:

@RaendyLeBeau You're a very artistic person I must say ) Becomes obvious just by looking at the carefully designed layout of your OP. I'm a big lover of internals and I LOVE your vehicle internals :3

One thing I should point out: instead of duplicating textures in every internal I think it would be much better memory and performance vise if you made a props pack for shared items and placed all those snacks, coffee cups and seats via prop placement. That's how it's done in stock cabins, Near Future Station parts, Near Future command pods, B9, RasterProp Monitor and other cool mods.

Edited by Enceos

2 hours ago, Herp said:

However, some stuff is really too overpowered for them to be enjoyed by anyone who plays ksp for the challenge, most people.

That LAE250 engine is a thruster/RCS block in size and weight but has thrust and lsp equal to engines for heavy lifting.
The electric and fuel generators are exactly like using the infinite fuel and electricity cheats.
"Requires 24/min electric charge - output 420 liquid fuel/sec & 420 oxidizer/sec & 260/sec monopropellant"

$300 stayputnik + $75 solar panel + $70 empty oscar fuel tank + your generators + your LAE engine = $7.595 / 1,5 ton / 13.5TWR craft with infinite fuel & electricity. I don't think anyone wants to land on every planet and moon in the universe for $7.595 on a single launch :huh:

By the looks of things the pack is designed to be easily taken apart. Each part has it's own folder, no texture sharing between parts. Grab what you like, delete what you don't.

It still needs balance everywhere to be used whole.

Edited by Enceos

4 hours ago, Herp said:

I like the design of stuff in this mod, the structural parts are a nice bonus for making cool ships, more structural parts is always better. Command pods look great :D, they are better than stock but not OP. The different fuel tanks are good for making more beautiful craft. The solar panels are well designed, for stock craft they are completely OP though, they generate on average 20 times more energy than stock solar panels for equal mass. I like them anyway because they are balanced and actually required in combination with argon and xenon engines in some other mods.

Totally agree with you. After watching the KottabosGames video, this mod was downloaded and played for about one hour. 

I found that I can built one small ship which equipped with endless fuel and electricity.

Then this ship can be directly launched from Kerbin to everywhere except the EVE.

Here is the video that showed the overpower of this tiny ship.

https://youtu.be/o_X3MQb5ems

Also, there is a problem that the symbol of ship doesn't show up in the orbit (Last few seconds of video) in 1.1pre.

Edited by tsubasawolfy

10 hours ago, DaniDE said:

hi dani, oh so the error happens with version 1.1 - I did test only version 1.05. -I most soon as I can the pods detail with the version 1.1 this one may well say that it is a pre-release version. this is not like in an official forum-contribution of kasper-vid yet bug free.

- So I stay tuned and give you as soon as I can get a feedback.

Thanks for the hint, 

grazie mille, cheers ! :)

12 hours ago, Herp said:

hi herb, yes super am glad you like it.

Personally I use this 'cheat parts' no more - these parts I used to test purposes before - have each tank filling completely filled, then I have switched off again the fuel-generator. In the end was the result to estimate very well a required fuel quantity for a long travel (eg. to duna).

- By the way the fuel generator (i think it was in a mod release for ksp 0.25)  parts were from @NecroBones
I made only the textures and config and different.
- And actually I wanted the parts do not publish in the mod ..am today not sure if that was right to released there.

- but I am glad that you like it, thank you for the feedback :)

11 hours ago, Enceos said:

duplicating textures in every internal I think it would be much better memory and performance

@Enceos

Hi Enceos, yes you are absolutely right,  

i will  fix this in the next release.I was under pressure because of the timely release. (Thanks for the note)

Many many thanks that you like the mod,

best regards
cheers

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

6 hours ago, tater said:

You made Modding Monday, congrats!

@tater

Hello tater
Hey wow, I never thought - many many thanks, really great.

thank you from the heart
and nice that you like that mod- that inspires me further.
:)

cheers !

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

Well, I finally got around to playing with your mod in 1.05 over the last couple of days, and I will move it over to my 1.1 KSP version later today (I have read the possible errors and I am ok with that).

I have to say, this mod is beautiful.  No, really, it's beautiful in so many ways.  It feels sort of stockalike, but yet, not, and then the interiors are awesome, and when I build my spacecraft, they look they way I want them.  For some reason, whenever I created an interplanetary spacecraft, I always felt there was something wrong (they were too big, too bulky, etc.), but it was not that....the command pod(s) never seem to suit the spaceship.  

Last night, I completed my first Duna spacecraft using a lot of your mod parts (including the big beautiful command pod), and it felt like I finally found that missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle:  it felt right, and for some reason, aesthetically pleasing.

Thank you so much Raendy.

11 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Twice using 2 separate command pods, I was "ejected' from the command pod. [when evaing] and not able to get back into the command pod.  Can someone please check this?

@gamerscircle I think its a known issue in 1.1

22 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh wow, I didn't see the one for this week. Congratulations @RaendyLeBeau!

@CobaltWolf - many thanks i really appreciate your support !! really  - cheers :D

17 hours ago, Probus said:

@gamerscircle I think its a known issue in 1.1

it's possible  - yesterday i make some tests with other Mod-pack POD's (1.05) during Gamplay of ksp pre-release 1.1 - the result was everytime the same. kerbals be thrown out ..- airlock closed, go out ok, but to get in its no longer works.. seems that it looks the same for many pods from of version 1.05.

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

On 5.4.2016 at 6:19 PM, basila said:

Do you plan to adaptate your mod for using in RSS+RO? Shurely it will be wonderful :)

Hi basila, basically yes why not, in future release. but at moment i have been really busy at my work. so I can give no promise :)

19 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

it's possible  - yesterday i make some tests with other Mod-pack POD's (1.05) during Gamplay of ksp pre-release 1.1 - the result was everytime the same. kerbals be thrown out ..- airlock closed, go out ok, but to get in its no longer works.. seems that it looks the same for many pods from of version 1.05.

I think it's a problem with the HAL9000 board-computer...
If you don't play after the rules - you got thrown out of the airlock :wink:
Happened to me as well yesterday, in space and on ground for testing.

Maybe you update to a GLaDOS System - she's much more reasonable.

Regarding the “generator parts” – maybe you can outsource them in an extra mod!?

Overall, a great mod - Congratulations!

2 hours ago, Toomuch77 said:

I think it's a problem with the HAL9000 board-computer...
If you don't play after the rules - you got thrown out of the airlock :wink:

Regarding the “generator parts” – maybe you can outsource them in an extra mod!?

Overall, a great mod - Congratulations!

You hit the nail on the head @Toomuch77. It is HAL not letting us back in. "Open the airlock HAL"

Excellent idea on the generator parts!

37 minutes ago, Probus said:

You hit the nail on the head @Toomuch77. It is HAL not letting us back in. "Open the airlock HAL"

Excellent idea on the generator parts!

i absolutely agree, could be the cause ... :) 

pod_bay_doors.png

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear KSP community,

EVA - IVA problem has been fixed !

in a few day following an Updated 'Rocket-Factory' MOD compatible with 1.1  

-  cheers !!

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.