Update 1.2 Pre-release is here!

Darth Badie

12 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

Yea, do a pork-alike mod!

I'm no @Porkjet, @CobaltWolf or @Nertea, but I'm definitely intrigued by the concept sheet and I already have a mesh switching PartModule. Maybe I'll do an "artist's concept" for, say, the KR-1, and see how close I can get to Pork-alike. It might help me design a couple of engines of my own. Anyway, thanks for sharing that picture, it's pretty neat. :)

Edited by Angel-125

38 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I'm no @Porkjet, @CobaltWolf or @Nertea, but I'm definitely intrigued by the concept sheet and I already have a mesh switching PartModule. Maybe I'll do an "artist's concept" for, say, the KR-1, and see how close I can get to Pork-alike. It might help me design a couple of engines of my own. Anyway, thanks for sharing that picture, it's pretty neat. :)

Hey, no prob! Maybe you can actually work with @Porkjet, @CobaltWolf, or @Nertea on this project. Although, you might want to have the compact as a completely different part, because your going to have to make it radially attachable. Maybe the Boar could be an atmo-optimized second stage. Let me know if you decide do go through with this. If it succeeds, it might become stock in v. 1.3 or sooner! :D But anyways, glad I could help!

Edited by TopHeavy11

I'm really liking the new PorkJet engines...if the cowlings in the Boat-tail versions are reducing drag I'm thinking it would also make sense for them to be a bit heavier. Not sure if this is already in the works, but it's worth considering. 

38 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

also, I believe the intent was for the stock model switch to also be capable of changing the attach parameters.

This I can do. I can set up the mesh switcher to allow/disallow surface attaching. I know we're getting a bit off-topic, but... non-IVA art project, squee! :)

Also, this:

4UHKpAr.png

And so appropriate:

EDCmFja.png

Ok, sorry for derailing the conversation, just excited about the new stuff in KSP 1.2!

Edited by Angel-125

11 minutes ago, LiveHereNow said:

In Steam it says I need a "beta access code" for 1.2.  Where can I get this?  I searched the forums a bunch and haven't found anything.

You don't.

Just select the pre-release from the dropdown menu, and you're good to go.

EDIT: I am an Emergency Medical Hologram, Mark Ninja.

Edited by Melfice

10 minutes ago, LiveHereNow said:

In Steam it says I need a "beta access code" for 1.2.  Where can I get this?  I searched the forums a bunch and haven't found anything.

Leave that field blank and select "prerelease" as the branch and it works fine.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Edited by Red Iron Crown

Did one of you couldn't get the 1.2 version? I had the solution! Is Remote tech! For those that want 1.2 but that wait for that LINK:http://google.com/remotetech-mod/. And I'm not kidding that the mod has some parts that are stock now in 1.2 

Edited by SpaceastronautX
Xd I put the URL to confirm when it ocurred a Error.

On 9/14/2016 at 9:25 AM, Badie said:

This ‘pre-release’ test build is for everyone to have a go before we officially released the update and you’ll be able to opt-in to get the Pre-release builds via the Steam betas, or, for the first time ever, through the KSP Store.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

The first time I read the OP I missed the bit about the KSP store :D

(I also rated this thread 1 star to see what the average score would be :D)

Edited by CAKE99

5 hours ago, SpaceastronautX said:

Did one of you couldn't get the 1.2 version? I had the solution! Is Remote tech! For those that want 1.2 but that wait for that LINK:http://google.com/remotetech-mod/. And I'm not kidding that the mod has some parts that are stock now in 1.2 

No, RemoTech is not CommNet - there may be some parts in common, but they work *very* differently.

On 15/09/2016 at 5:55 PM, Curveball Anders said:

I tried me F: drive too, just for you my friend :)

• Copied my clean KSP_1_1_3 to F:\
  • Ran the downloaded KSPx64-Patch-1.1.3-To-1.2.exe
  • Selected F:\KSP_1_1_3 and let it do it's thing.
  • Ran F:\KSP_1_1_3\Launcher.exe and watched it download patcher.exe (it might work one day)
  • Started a new career game and launched a basic flea hopper.

No Issues.

It's still not working for me.  I guess it's not too much of issue, but it is annoying.

22 minutes ago, JP76 said:

I'm going to start a new install and career for 1.2.

If I start a fresh game today In career mode (pre release 1.2)  will my progress carry over into the full release of 1.2? 

Cheers, 

J

the saves should be compatible once 1.2 is released.
I dont think Squad will change the saves so dramatically.

11 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I don't think so unfortunately 

1 minute ago, Speadge said:

the saves should be compatible once 1.2 is released.
I dont think Squad will change the saves so dramatically.

Damn! Lol, this is all very confusing! 

I really don't know what to do now.......so if i continue in my current modded career there is the risk things will get complicated if i copy my save into 1.2 full release.

So there is no point in starting a new game until 1.2 is out, or is there?.....gutted! i'm loving the game and i'm a new player and i don't want to stop playing, and i don't want to play sandbox as i look forward to career progress and unlocking new parts.  

Could a dev let us know whats going to happen with saves? ( pre 1.2 to 1.2 full release )

almost all old saves are compatible, even back from 0.9.

There has almost never been "a big cut" (even if, the saves where "transformed" by the game afterwards) - and there wont be from a PRErelease -> release.

Trust me :wink:

Edited by Speadge