"There's no easy way to say this."

Superfluous J

7 minutes ago, monstah said:

A few minutes ago there was this comment by @RoverDude. I kinda wish he'd said something here, but I'll take his word there.

Kind of a relief, really :) 

Yeah, I'd rather trust him then.

Always felt like warmed up claims, but the soft confirmation of the reddit mods made me wonder. Not that those mods are really professionals when it comes to personal identification.

Edited by Temeter

4 minutes ago, Bomaye said:

I smell the BS a loooooong way. I might even hear his voice. 

It's more like a ton of salt and no work experience.

Eh, we just had eight devs up and decide to leave Squad. There might be a grain of truth in there.

It's also important to remember that individual experiences matter. One person's fun work environment is another's hell.

Edited by regex

Thanks to all of you devs for the incredible experience you've delivered. It really is something to be proud of. I'm genuinely sorry to see you guys go, and I hope that whatever happened turns out for best.

Just now, Temeter said:

Yeah, I'd rather trust him then.

Stuff feels like warmed up material, but the soft confirmation of the reddit mods made me wonder. Not that those mods are really professionals when it comes to personal identification.

I'd say it's male bovine droppings personally. It's nothing that hasn't already been "leaked" on 4chan or can be inferred from the information publically released. (I am not saying those inferations are correct! Just, that's one interpretation)

Interestingly, I noticed the course of the post seemed to follow the course of the discussion on this thread (ie "Tell the people what they want to hear)".

2 minutes ago, monstah said:

...with terrible PR skills.

I would say quite the opposite actually, they have made some excellent PR and more important, also have a fantastic community, which is why I like the game so much. :)

1 minute ago, regex said:

Eh, we just had eight devs up and decide to leave Squad. There might be a grain of truth in there.

It's also important to remember that individual experiences matter. One person's fun work environment is another's hell.

I'd agree, but there are factual claims: He says Roverdudes Colonization mod is going to be sold as an expansion, so Bob would know about it. And that one does sound a bit far fetched.

I have no gripes with Rover Dude.  But the guy is a programming machine.  He loves KSP and got a feeling he would do just about anything to make it better.  But sometimes others might not feel the same, or have the same Mega Motivation that he does, or accept the same working conditions.  Just saying.

The amount of mods he upkeeps, etc is pretty massive, I can't even figure out how he has time.

Edited by malkuth

2 minutes ago, regex said:

Yes of course, no smoke without a fire, but I think I actually heard the voice in the same wording.

And I do think some people are a little too much in dreamworld when it comes to game vs industry/work.

This still leaves the question open: Why was Porkie leaving when he was doing the overhault? :/

That just sticks out (and not at least since his stuff looked amazing, even in current KSP).

1 minute ago, malkuth said:

I have no gripes with Rover Dude.  But the guy is a programming machine.  He loves KSP and got a feeling he would do just about anything to make it better.  But sometimes others might not feel the same, or have the same Mega Motivation that he does.

The amount of mods he upkeeps, etc is pretty massive, I can't even figure out how he has time.

He also said he is getting paid a lot better compared to the older claims.

9 minutes ago, Temeter said:

He says Roverdudes Colonization mod is going to be sold as an expansion

He says nothing of the sort. He says it is "rumored". Accuracy is important in statements.

13 minutes ago, malkuth said:

I have no gripes with Rover Dude.  But the guy is a programming machine.  He loves KSP and got a feeling he would do just about anything to make it better.  But sometimes others might not feel the same, or have the same Mega Motivation that he does, or accept the same working conditions.  Just saying.

The man is a beast, no question about that.

3 minutes ago, regex said:

He says nothing of the sort. He says it is "rumored". Accuracy is important in statements.

I didn't pick up on that the first time, but that is a very odd statement.

"Ive got all this totally legit information, but this is rumored".

6 minutes ago, Temeter said:

This still leaves the question open: Why was Porkie leaving when he was doing the overhault? :/

That just sticks out (and not at least since his stuff looked amazing, even in current KSP).

He also said he is getting paid a lot better compared to the older claims.

This one has been stinking for months, releasing new parts and be in balance with the other engines does not take half a year, Roverdude would most likely have done it in a couple of hours lol

Thanks to all work these awsome guys put into KSP!
With 8 of them leaving at once it can not be a coincident, I will believe what they say.

As stated else where, Roverdude may just be having a great deal with Squad that he has no issues with it. He can create and maintain mods at in impressive rate so for him it might even feel like a vacation doing stuff for Squad (you are still Awsomedude :) )

With everything being said all over the place and with the "PR notes", I am having a really bad vibe of where this is going and a nasty taste in my mouth...

2 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

It's a throwaway account with a name implying secrets. It's either one of the former ~bitter~ devs, a troll, or one of the eight devs deciding to stir the pot for fun and profit.

All that being said, there are likely grains of truth hidden all over the place here.

Edited by regex

Just now, severedsolo said:

This is the thing about "rumors"  You can create one anytime you need one... who is to say it is correct or not?  and what are the sources... I don't take much stock in innuendo...

Yeah, colour me skeptical about the recent Reddit "leak". For one, Roverdude seems to disapprove. And secondly, it all smells of "angry fan" in its wording. Judging by how the KSP devs have posted on these boards in the past, I would expect them to be a little more eloquent in their wording. "Devnote full of excrements", "Terrible upper management", "Unbelieveable working conditions" "Don't want anybody to think something's wrong"... it seems far too explicit, something a disgruntled fan would imagine (and has done! Look at this thread...) rather than an employee who's conferred with a team and decided to leave. Thirdly, I've seen people claim all day that threads were deleted, but nobody claims to have posted in them or remember the thread titles (I've also read the forums closely today, so if threads were deleted, it happened super-fast).

Lastly, look at the perspective of the post. The guy claims to have inner knowledge of the working conditions and pay of Squad, yet also details of forum moderation (even who did it), as well as what the plans for future releases are. He even finishes up with "the last big update we'll get", as if he is on the receiving end of KSP, primarily a player and forumer.

At "best", this is an everyday fan who've read something a developer mentioned in a chat, then extrapolated and headed to Reddit. I'm not buying it until we get more comments from more sources.

5 minutes ago, regex said:

Doesn't even make sense as a rumor, Roverdude stated quite clearly thats his own IP and hes is not gonna make anyone pay for it. Makes the source, even if its not a full lie, less believable.

This is nonsense as well:

Another point: Squad has been actively censoring the official forums. Any content related to the resignation of the 8 devs was immediately removed. This was done by Squad staff, not the regular forum mods.

They pinned a very visible thread linking to the declaration. I find it a bit disappointing that there is no news covering so many talented people departing, but there is no indication of any censorship. And people surely would see it; as well as document it on reddit.

Heck, I myself might a thread asking about what happens to porkies revamp, and it's still there. Not seen anything done to point this out.

Just now, malkuth said:

Speaking of expansions.. I wonder I Squad remembers that all the original buyers before Steam get all expansions for free.  Hmmmmm....

From my point of view, regardless of the "climate", Squad has made good on their "promises" in that regard so far...

2 minutes ago, regex said:

It's a throwaway account with a name implying secrets. It's either one of the former ~bitter~ devs, a troll, or one of the eight devs deciding to stir the pot for fun and profit.

All that being said, there are likely grains of truth hidden all over the place here.

Or it is some random guy trying to repurposed bovine waste others on reddit. We don't know, and I've started to very much go with my first instinctive reaction: Doubt everything that isn't proven or coherent.

Just now, Temeter said:

Or it is some random guy trying to repurposed bovine waste others on reddit. We don't know, and I've started to very much go with my first instinctive reaction: Doubt everything that isn't proven or coherent.

Every good lie, has some element of truth to it... otherwise it would be too easy to expose... but the question is... how much   So, I will let it drop.

6 minutes ago, regex said:

This ^^^^  Is what I'm referring to in my response.  Sorry for the double post.. I expected them to merge

Edited by Papa_Joe

23 minutes ago, Temeter said:

I'd agree, but there are factual claims: He says Roverdudes Colonization mod is going to be sold as an expansion, so Bob would know about it. And that one does sound a bit far fetched.

That one is totally false.  Which kinda shows that the OP is talking nonsense, and just looking to stir the pot (and waste my time in the process).

1 minute ago, Temeter said:

They pinned a very visible thread linking to the declaration. I find it a bit disappointing that there is no news covering so many talented people departing, but there is no indication of any censorship.

Sure, and that thread is in no way inflammatory or objectionable to Squad or their bottom line.

1 minute ago, Temeter said:

And people surely would see it; as well as document it on reddit.

vOv I've heard of and seen posts being deleted here before, usually because they're inflammatory in some way. People idiotically take that as evidence of "censorship" all the time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.