KSP Fan-Art MkII

Luigibro606

• 6 months later...
On 8/20/2023 at 7:05 PM, Kerbalsaurus said:

I've decided to try to make a proper logo for my mission report "Beyond", encompassing both sides of the story. Whaddya think?

zJNxDRT.png

I decided to go with the same minimalistic art style as the current logo. Thus, the Rimworld looking Kerbals.

Cool! What do the details on the flag mean? I would give you a like, but I got a message saying I couldn't give any more reactions today... :P

1 hour ago, TwoCalories said:

Cool! What do the details on the flag mean? I would give you a like, but I got a message saying I couldn't give any more reactions today... :P

For Beyond, it's bright and colorful with "To boldly go" and Duna in the background showing its goal of scientific development. But The Secret Space Program is drab, with the Mun in the background and ominous message to indicate the darker goals of the program.

1 hour ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

For Beyond, it's bright and colorful with "To boldly go" and Duna in the background showing its goal of scientific development. But The Secret Space Program is drab, with the Mun in the background and ominous message to indicate the darker goals of the program.

Interesting... will this replace the current Beyond flag? Also, what's the symbol in the middle of the flag? And what tool did you use to make the flag?

Edited by TwoCalories

55 minutes ago, TwoCalories said:

Interesting... will this replace the current Beyond flag? Also, what's the symbol in the middle of the flag? And what tool did you use to make the flag?

The symbol in the middle are two Kerbals, one a standard Kerbal and the other an SSP Kerbal. And this is a logo for the report itself, not the logo for the agency.

5 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

The symbol in the middle are two Kerbals, one a standard Kerbal and the other an SSP Kerbal. And this is a logo for the report itself, not the logo for the agency.

Ooohhhhh it's a Kerbal in a spacesuit! It took me some time, but I can finally see it! :D

D926C2B7B70231F753C47E4FFB409A5EB1740360

Moho A tidally locked world with one side in permanent heat one side and the other in permanent cold.

The side locked to Kerbol is unique as there is much evidence that the bedrock has been removed it also appears to be very metal rich. There also is much less cratering at the front due to all the craters from the Late Heavy bombardment have been erased from a unknown event.

The side facing away from Kerbol has much more volatiles (water ice) then expected.

Many cracks and canyons can be spotted. Presumably caused by the same unknown event that ripped off the bedrock on the front facing side.

an Interesting thing about Moho is its strong magnetic field that can occasionally be seen with dust or other particles being pushed away by it.

Due to the metal rich front side and water ice on the back side along with the protective magnetic field. it is a perfect candidate for a mining base. just make sure you can get the water to the base and deal with the permanent night on the back side.

Spoiler

I'm sad the ksp-2 Devs couldn't think to make Moho anything more then a cratered brown ball. :/

Edited by Royalswissarmyknife

• 1 month later...

RjhoOxd.jpg?1

I made this during school today for my CKR mission report, featuring 3 Nadir-KD 2s lifting off from Kerbin's surface. The text Nashe Budushcheye Sredi Zvezd is romanized Russian. Translated it means "Our future is in the Stars". It's probably a very bad translation, my Russian is not very good.

Behold, my first KSP drawing, done on Krita! It's a little rough around the edges, but I did it all with a mouse, so you gotta give me some credit.

img%5DI

If I'd change something, I would probably make the image a different scale. I was mostly doing this for practice. Still, pretty good, If I'd say so myself!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Normally I use Canva for school purposes, but I was a bit bored recently and decided to experiment a bit at home, and I created these artworks of planets in the Kerbol System in my free time. I'm no artist, but I'm quite happy with how most of these turned out. Maybe I will make the moons too in the future.

Link to Imgur (Incase the images don't work here, or you just want to see them on Imgur): https://imgur.com/a/M5iaDyN

Moho:

Spoiler

HqasH2U.png   "The Sun is very bright from here. Perfect place to sunbathe! Or at least for Solar Power..."

Eve:

Spoiler

4RqJIg2.png   "The view from up here is magnificent! The clouds almost perfectly hide the harsh and deadly surface that lies below. Hope you enjoy it because getting back to space is, to put it simply, Not easy..."

Kerbin:

Spoiler

kkIAR3D.png   "While the sights on other planets are certainly great, Home is unforgettable... Also you can take your helmet off without dying. That's a plus."

Duna:

Spoiler

cM56YAj.png   "The dust here is getting everywhere! You suspect you'll never be able to get your spacesuit clean again."

Dres:

Spoiler

ysLjXjq.png   "This place feels a bit boring compared to other places you've visited, but the canyon makes things a bit more interesting. Dres doesn't get visitors very often..."

Jool:

Spoiler

GW9ZL7o.png   "You look down and see the storms raging deep below. You vow to stay as far from the "Surface" as possible. wait, how do you get back to space from here?"

Eeloo:

Spoiler

BAHl5my.png   "You feel very lonely here... Just you Eeloo, and nothing else for millions of Kilometers. Well, there is also the ship you came here in, and your crew. Guess it's not THAT lonely..."

Something More???

Spoiler

jWLNjNX.png   "You think you can see a strange arch in the distance, it looks very familiar... Are you even supposed to be here?"

Is the Something More???/???  (the final image) the homeworld for the precursors from the abandoned storyline/easter egg narrative for ksp from NovaSilisko?

Edited by ffx

7 hours ago, ffx said:

Is the Something More???/???  (the final image) the homeworld for the precursors from the abandoned storyline/easter egg narrative for ksp from NovaSilisko?

Indeed it is. I have never actually seen someone try to visualize what the precursor homeworld may look like. So I decided to do it myself. Especially considering that the KSP 2 Science Update is just around the corner, and I suspect that any new Easter eggs that are added may expand on the KSP Lore (along with the existing Easter eggs). I'm thinking that the abandoned storyline from KSP 1 is coming back.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a (technically) kerbal self-portrait. This was fun to draw with perspective and everything. It looks a little washed out because of the app I used to scan it.

KFljbSc.jpg

You can see my Kimera Industries shortened logo on his chest, and the shape on the helmet is a stylized falcon diving downward, like what a peregrine falcon does. The planes are Kopper squadron, hence the "K" before the numerical designation on the tailfin.

Edited by Kimera Industries

This is the mission badge for my upcoming CERES mission.

FSWnFJw.png

A stylized head-on version of the station is shown zooming out of the distance, with Dres alongside it. The star behind it doubles as the flare from CERES' overpowered interplanetary tug. I would have filled the outer circle with crew names but I haven't picked a crew yet and making the text curve to the circle in Paint 3D means aligning each letter by hand, which was hard enough for writing 'CERES.'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...