What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

My dad was looking around in Flightradar when he suddenly found a BOEING 747 approaching VARNA. Turns out, it was going to take off almost immediately after landing.

We rushed to the airport and JUST as we reached our planespotting spot, it took off.  I managed to take some pictures. Here are the best:

DSC06956.jpg

DSC06960.jpg

DSC06962.jpg

It was my first time actually seeing a Boeing 747 in the air (I've only seen the one in Speyer Museum)

Camera model: Sony DSC HX-60 (It's not mine, it's my dad's)

Edited by Aerodynamic Kerbal

10 hours ago, DDE said:

"Houston, we have a problem"

20749_2.webp

Now that is an serious quality control problem. I hope its the short one who is wrong, but then placing doors and windows want the space to be a bit to large, if to small its expensive to fix. 

On 9/13/2023 at 9:30 AM, steve9728 said:

Hope this weekend can be good weather - four weekends in row of extremely heavy rains!

Good news is my wishes come true. I can’t say it’s sunny day but finally, the streets are dry.

Bad news is I make a little crash on my dad’s car for my first time - hit on a stone pillar when I getting in the parking lot in the speed around 3km/h.

But good news is that’s not the first time of scratch for my dad’s car - he had once few weeks ago at the plateau.

Edited by steve9728

Dropped by a park today, only to find myself chasing mice. One if them cared so little for me that it waited for me to stick my nose into my phone and ran between my feet.

And now I'm stuck wondering if the brown rodent with a black stripe along its back is a field mouse (Apodemus agrarius) or a birch mouse (Sicista betulina, so technically not a mouse). Because originally I thought it was one of the voles, which is a hamster.

vmXrp9yXVS4.jpg?size=2560x1920&quality=9

2 hours ago, DDE said:

And now I'm stuck wondering if the brown rodent with a black stripe along its back is a field mouse (Apodemus agrarius) or a birch mouse (Sicista betulina, so technically not a mouse). Because originally I thought it was one of the voles, which is a hamster.

Spoiler

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

So im in the drive thru of a fast food place right now. Im getting a bit of dinner. I place my order and round the corner. There is a chevy sonic in front of me and over its left brake/taillight is a bumper sticker. It says “On my way to happy hour.” Now if ever a cop wanted probable cause to pull a car over this could give it. Im just chuckling at this as im not sure if its funny or sick…

mods if this is more a negative thing feel free to transplant this post. I posted here for this as it did make me giggle even if uncomfortably so.

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Heheh oh yeah, just didn’t know much much cussing there might be. :unsure:

I'm not exactly a master of Ukrainian but I haven't heard a single swear word in there.

So im winding down and about to go to bed. Im sitting in the dark, making myself comfortable and reach out into the darkness to grab my soda. I open it, take a drink and a memory flashed into life. I was suddenly a teen, 15-17 or so years old, i was at a hotel on the coast with my mom. In this memory i got out of bed and the only light in the hotel room was coming from the bathroom with the door propped open. My mother is sound asleep in her bed and my fan is steadily blowing towards my bed and the rooms ac is quietly doing its thing. I go to the rooms mini fridge and grab a can of drpepper. I crack it open as quietly as i can and start drinking. Im filled with this sensation of this is a special moment but cant figure out why. Its just a can of drpepper. Now, nearly 27 years later as i sit here drinking a 20 ounce drpepper in the dark i finally understand that sensation. And it hurts to understand it. It was special because i was at the coast, in a hotel with my mom. Not because it was 4am and i was drinking a stupid soda. I was too blinded by youth to appreciate such a simple moment, one i can NEVER have again now. While yes my mom still lives, shes a shell of her self with dementia, shes in a home and wont ever see the coast again. Memories… treasure them. Treasure moments like the one ive shared, you never know when you will never be able to have moments like that again. 

17 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

So im winding down and about to go to bed. Im sitting in the dark, making myself comfortable and reach out into the darkness to grab my soda. I open it, take a drink and a memory flashed into life. I was suddenly a teen, 15-17 or so years old, i was at a hotel on the coast with my mom. In this memory i got out of bed and the only light in the hotel room was coming from the bathroom with the door propped open. My mother is sound asleep in her bed and my fan is steadily blowing towards my bed and the rooms ac is quietly doing its thing. I go to the rooms mini fridge and grab a can of drpepper. I crack it open as quietly as i can and start drinking. Im filled with this sensation of this is a special moment but cant figure out why. Its just a can of drpepper. Now, nearly 27 years later as i sit here drinking a 20 ounce drpepper in the dark i finally understand that sensation. And it hurts to understand it. It was special because i was at the coast, in a hotel with my mom. Not because it was 4am and i was drinking a stupid soda. I was too blinded by youth to appreciate such a simple moment, one i can NEVER have again now. While yes my mom still lives, shes a shell of her self with dementia, shes in a home and wont ever see the coast again. Memories… treasure them. Treasure moments like the one ive shared, you never know when you will never be able to have moments like that again. 

Thank you for these words of wisdom.

On 9/13/2023 at 5:40 AM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

All of those living dinosaurs have been found - 69 in total: https://news.southcn.com/node_54a44f01a2/cbdda6a784.shtml

The funny thing is, previously we knew that there were 71 crocodiles on this farm. The local authorities tried their best but only found 69 of them. After further questioning of the farm staff, it was learned that one of the two crocodiles had been slaughtered in September last year and the other in December 2021. The police found buried crocodile bones and a crocodile head that had been left in the refrigerator of the farm staff's house for "collection".

Another good news is those metro stations in our city that have been shut down because of flooding, finished their repairs and are back in service. If it wasn't for the fact that this line is very crowded during rush hour after work, I'd really like to check them out.

Typhoons are a great thing to cool off in the summer, and everyone tends to look forward to them - sometimes we can shut down and take a break. But... people are also afraid that it will mess up and cause disasters

When I was study in UK, I was bough a I don’t know how many hands HP printer in £3 from my senior schoolmate. But the ink pods cost me at least 50 for it. When I  graduate and pack myself back home, I put this thing into my box - because it save me so many times.

Then I just found that the non official ink pods which can reload the ink can save me 10 times of money at least… 

I’d like to say the official ink pods is some kind of robbery.

8 hours ago, steve9728 said:

When I was study in UK, I was bough a I don’t know how many hands HP printer in £3 from my senior schoolmate. But the ink pods cost me at least 50 for it. When I  graduate and pack myself back home, I put this thing into my box - because it save me so many times.

Then I just found that the non official ink pods which can reload the ink can save me 10 times of money at least… 

I’d like to say the official ink pods is some kind of robbery.

Just be careful, because most of the aftermarket toner/ink out there is trash.

34 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Just be careful, because most of the aftermarket toner/ink out there is trash.

Our office has bought the toner from this store twice and it worked pretty well. So I have the white mouse on that already :D

We even print the contracts from it!

And, well, it's not aftermarket. To be more rigorous, it should be some sort of piracy. But the thing is, sometimes they are the same manufacturers for the official and unofficial. So...

Spoiler

Of course I've seen the suck one. On the wall of my father's studio, there were 2~3 JETS of colour printer ink...

Edited by steve9728

4 minutes ago, DDE said:

That's what they want you so think /s

Well then, call me they. :) I have a color laser printer here at home, and I have gone through five different brands of toner off of Amazon since I bought it back in 2017. I have been shipped cartridges that were the wrong cartridges for my printer. I have been shipped cartridges that dumped toner all over the inside of the printer. I have been shipped cartridges that printed streaks across the entire page. Or left little random flecks of toner all over the page. The cartridges just previous to the ones I'm using now I wound up pulling out and throwing away after a couple of months, no more than half used. That's how bad they were. I have settled on a brand that is not the cheapest but still way cheaper than OEM. And they appear to work well and have a decent toner life.