[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.6.1: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [03 July 2023]

AlphaMensae

First off thank you for this awesome mod, it has made my experience 100% better.

Second are there any plans to add the crew access arm and tower for the Boeing Starliner. (Pictures below for reference)

Boeing-Starliner-Crew-Access-Arm.jpgBoeing-Starliner-Atlas-V-Pad-12-19-19-Cl

Edited by MGM333

4 hours ago, NovaSuper said:

I have a question which I probably could've answered myself but is there a patch for MOARDV controls not appearing yet or at all?

Do you mean MAS? The last MLP update (2.5.3) included a patch that removed the MAS computer from all MLP crew arms and elevators.

23 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

Do you mean MAS? The last MLP update (2.5.3) included a patch that removed the MAS computer from all MLP crew arms and elevators.

Yea, MAS. This mod causes it to remove MAS from everything in the IVA and also breaks a lot of IVA mods.

Edited by NovaSuper

34 minutes ago, NovaSuper said:

Yea, MAS. This mod causes it to remove MAS from everything in the IVA and also breaks a lot of IVA mods.

It only removes it from MLP parts:

// Removes MOARdv's Avionics Systems from Modular Launch Pads IVA spaces

@PART[AM_MLP*]:HAS[@MODULE[MASFlightComputer]]:NEEDS[MOARdv]:AFTER[MOARdv]
{
    !MODULE[MASFlightComputer] {}
}

I am having an issue with Version 2.5.3 where the screen goes black when I try to use the Saturn or Soyuz parts. the game is still running and I can hear and still control everything as normal, just cant see. Not even the pause menu is visible, I just have to guess where the revert buttons are. I've had this issue with this version and a few versions back, but I don't want to be stuck in version 2.4.0 so I want to see if anyone can help with this.

Note: I am aware that someone had this issue a few years ago in the forums, but the solution that worked for them never worked for me.

6 hours ago, SynFuZe said:

I am having an issue with Version 2.5.3 where the screen goes black when I try to use the Saturn or Soyuz parts. the game is still running and I can hear and still control everything as normal, just cant see. Not even the pause menu is visible, I just have to guess where the revert buttons are. I've had this issue with this version and a few versions back, but I don't want to be stuck in version 2.4.0 so I want to see if anyone can help with this.

Note: I am aware that someone had this issue a few years ago in the forums, but the solution that worked for them never worked for me.

Are you using another IVA mod and Reviva?. MAS should be removed from all MLP crew arms and elevators. The other cause for a black screen is focusing the camera on an animated part and triggering the animation. Beyond that, I don't know, as everything works fine on my end, and I don't have any IVA mods or Reviva.

On 4/27/2023 at 9:57 PM, AlphaMensae said:

Are you using another IVA mod and Reviva?. MAS should be removed from all MLP crew arms and elevators. The other cause for a black screen is focusing the camera on an animated part and triggering the animation. Beyond that, I don't know, as everything works fine on my end, and I don't have any IVA mods or Reviva.

I use Riviva and use MAS and KAS for my IVAs, but I don't see any IVA options on any of the parts. How do I disable the IVAs on them?

7 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:
Is this on purpose? 

Empty file.

Hmm, I thought the file got uploaded fine. I did do it while at work, so didn't have my Github desktop client or any of my KSP folders.

I just now manually copied the patch into the file on the master.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Grunnan said:

Does the XL Crew elevator core have a top section? All other crew elevators have a top sections (for example, Crew Elevator Large Top) but I can't find the Crew Elevator Extra Large top.

No, there isn't, I never made one when I converted the 130m height version of the Large Crew Elevator into the Exta Large one by enlarging the tower truss. I guess I forgot about the top. :D

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JuanitosGG said:

Hi @AlphaMensae, I saw that a few years ago you said that you were going to do the crawler for the shuttle, what happened?

I only said that I had some ideas, but those didn't work out,  it wasn't a critical item and I had a lot of other things to do, so lost all interest in a crawler. Plus, Katniss has made one for the Katniss Space Program, so that's one more thing I don't need to bother with.

still hoping to get new sls parts, like the vehicle stabilizer, the icpsu, the new tsmus, etc. here's a good video for reference of what they they look like. (obligatory not my video) the tsmu could just be variant of the already exciting shuttle one. 

Edited by DaOPCreeper

After a very long break/hiatus (talking a few months here), I'm back to working on v2.6 of MLP.  What burned me out was this little project I decided to make, a generic multi-modular service tower that had width variants in addition to height variants.  To reduce the .mu size by avoiding a lot of duplicate full-size meshes, I decided to form each tower size section out of individual wall trusses, using B9PS transform move and rotate functions, and having the minimum number of side trusses needed to make all the sections. 

I originally had Small, Medium and Large size variants in the same part, but that ran into the old problem of B9PS not being able to turn on/off nodes in more than one module. So I split the one part into three parts--Small, Medium and Large. I then gave each main size 3 (4 for the Small tower) sub variants, and of course optional side panels for all of them. The whole thing was very complex to make and write the configs for, but got it done. Then I decided to make a matching multi top part, a single piece that would work with all the tower variants, with a multi-adjustable mast feature. I wound up going crazy with detail variants and reached a point where I had to set the whole thing aside and do other non-modeling things for a while.

I now have reneweed energy for MLP work, and got back to that blasted top piece by eliminating the crazy detail options . It's mostly done now.

Upon coming back, I decided also to formally name the new Flat Slab Service Mast and Scissor Umbilical the Ariane V Service Mast and Ariane V Scissor Umbilical, as that's basically what they are :D 

Ok, the Modular Multi Tower and Top are finally done! What I had thought would be a rather easy project to make a new kind of simple basic tower using a new method turned out to be a long slog through complexity and tedium. My original plan turned out to be too simple and I had to modify it, resulting in the increased complexity. 

Anyways, here is a little demo of the tower and top, plus there is also a separate single version of the mast, which can be both surface and node attached.

This will be on the GitHub master branch real soon.

I had started (way earlier) work on the new Large Launch Base, and I will be getting back to it. It's going to have partial Saturn V launch base styling, since it will be able to handle a KSP Saturn V, but probably not the full Saturn tower though, as this is a General Launch Base with a centered exhaust hole.

On 6/9/2023 at 7:52 PM, Richmountain112 said:

And what about the Vandenberg version of the Shuttle pad?

Most of that is best suited for Kerbal Konstructs (not my department), but I can probably make a simple mount clamp for the SRBs.

There is already and Energia Launch Plate in MLP, as it did not use a mobile launcher.