Shower thoughts

p1t1o

The Terminator  universe was created before the internet had appeared.

This is the reason why the people were successfully fighting against the evil AI, and its terminator army.

Was it created in the internet epoch, Skynet would know that the assassinobots should look not as humans, but as kittens.

On 6/2/2024 at 4:45 PM, kerbiloid said:

According to https://space.stackexchange.com/questions/59879/how-much-delta-v-did-the-v2-have, the delta-V of V-2 is 2.3 .. 2.5 km/s.

The lunar circular speed is 1.6 km/s.

The V-2 hull is made of tin, the tanks are made of aluminium, the oxidizer is LOX, so all of that can be manufactured out of the lunar regolith.
Titanium from the same regolith can reduce its dry mass.

Ethanol can be produced from the lunar ice, which contains clathrates.
HTP for the turbopump as well.

The lunar craters can keep it cold.

Thus, it looks possible and even reasonable to manufacture V-2 on the Moon to launch something on the Moon, around the Moon, or to the Earth from the Moon.

Fun as an gig :( 
But ethanol has pretty low ISP, think it was even 96% to keep engine temperature down.  Rocket is also pretty crappy as it was the first large rocket engine used. 
You obvious need an much more advance flight system and at least better throttle control, probably other systems too. 

Just saw an documentary on YouTube about the V2, it focused on the boat tail design, the way the rear of the missile tapper in. Almost all carton rockets uses this but no real ones, It worked and they just reused an forward segment backwards at the end but it was not any real benefit once you had decent flight control systems. 

7 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

The Terminator  universe was created before the internet had appeared.

This is the reason why the people were successfully fighting against the evil AI, and its terminator army.

Was it created in the internet epoch, Skynet would know that the assassinobots should look not as humans, but as kittens.

I suggest you (all of you) google "Terminator Kitten"

Here's just one of them.

N7eSIKhazLl9SiXTKFDK--1--6k4d2.jpg

12 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Ever seen the 1995  movie Screamers? (I had read the short by Phillip.K.Dick, Second Variety, way before it came out)

It is the Teddy Bears we need to fear.

7 hours ago, ColdJ said:

It is the Teddy Bears we need to fear.

They also followed the false way of androids, even when they were a boy and a woman.
Expectedly, it got even worse in the Screamers 2, let me unsee this facepalm.

But if in Terminator-1, instead of a biker with a shotgun, somebody had found a kitten with "Pleazzze, return me to Sarah Connor!11 :purpleheart:" on the collar, the humans would be much more co-operative, and no Kyle Reese could oppose.

Sometimes any cat acts like a misguided terminator from the future, having lost its mission objective.

3 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

it got even worse in the Screamers 2,

Thankfully never seen it.

4 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

a kitten with "Pleazzze, return me to Sarah Connor!11 :purpleheart:" on the collar,

Except that I think it had a cpu that had to be in a main chunk, I could imagine the T-1000 in T2 being a whole litter.

7 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

hey also followed the false way of androids

A common theme in alot of the SciFi of the time, was the idea that Man in his quest to get better and better at war would build smarter and smarter machines, that would eventually overtake Man at making war and would go on evolving more and more devious and dangerous methods, while man would be forgotten.

There was a short story where a pilot crashes his plane in a big open green area and gets rescued by humans that were originally from both sides. Nobody ever comes to rescue them so they had started a peacefull community, farming. The only danger being that they had to dodge the odd bit of debris falling from the sky as the automated war continues on overhead. Man has literally fallen out of the war they started and the machines knowing no better just keep fighting, churning out war machines from automated factories, simply programmed to attack the opposing side.

Trouble is we have all these geniuses determined to prove how smart they are by making AI and drones, who seem to be in a rush to make this bleak future arrive as soon as possible.

4 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Thankfully never seen it.

Except that I think it had a cpu that had to be in a main chunk, I could imagine the T-1000 in T2 being a whole litter.

you haven't lived until you've been climbed by a whole litter of kittens at feeding time. it hurts but its worth it.

3 minutes ago, Nuke said:

you haven't lived until you've been climbed by a whole litter of kittens at feeding time. it hurts but its worth it.

I have done that, but it is sad giving most away and then watching the ones you kept die of disease when they get older.

I have had a dog, mice and cats in my life but I won't get anymore as it is too sad.

3 hours ago, Nuke said:

7 hours ago, ColdJ said:

One of the T2 era comic books had this exact idea as the "recon sweep mode" for the T-Infinity (?)

7 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

But if in Terminator-1, instead of a biker with a shotgun, somebody had found a kitten with "Pleazzze, return me to Sarah Connor!11 :purpleheart:" on the collar, the humans would be much more co-operative, and no Kyle Reese could oppose.

Instead, we almost got Lance Hendricks.

101da54c958a252a31457c46befdaf56.gif

The Pallas cats / manuls are too deadly even for a terminator.

The idea was to hunt one aim, not to start bloodbath on the very arrival.

Nobody would try to take this thing and find Sarah Connor to bring it.

They were thinking that there was a cyborg on board of Nostromo.

Spoiler

But Ash was just a decoy.

1536593959-ellen-ripley-in-alien-sigourn

19 minutes ago, Nuke said:

the cat is the real hero of that story. even the alien didn't want to mess with it.

I think you have just uncovered a well hidden secret. The whole movie was for Cat propaganda.

That is why in the second one Ripley says "Get away from her you female Dog", The Aliens represent the nemesis of the Cat, a Dog. Then Alien 3, a Dog shaped Alien running around killing the Cat loving prisoners.

And I bet that when they cloned Ripley in the 4th one they spliced in some Cat DNA to balance out the Dog DNA that was in Ripley, that is why she is so athletic and can play basket ball.

On 6/18/2024 at 10:15 PM, DDE said:

One of the T2 era comic books had this exact idea as the "recon sweep mode" for the T-Infinity (?)

On 6/18/2024 at 10:15 PM, DDE said:

One roommate in the army did that to prove he was not drunk, he failed badly :) 
Sergeant was doing the round and  as it was pretty obvious we had been drinking he told us it was not legal to drink in the barracks. All but one.. Yes sir, main actor: I'm not drunk, I show you. 

Apricots are mutated molluscs, growing on their colonies (known as "trees"), and being a sandwich inside.

They have soft meat around the shell, which in turn must be cracked to take out the tasty edible pearl.

And after cracking a basin of the shells, you get just a cup of the pearls.

Spoiler

how-to-core-an-apricot-1705737428.jpgApricot_kernel_in_bowl.jpg