[1.12.5] CRE - Stockalike British Rocketry [2.2][02/03/2021]

Beale

CRE will be getting extensive support with the upcoming update of RealPlume. Just a little preview of WIP stuff that can be accessed on the RealPlume development branch of github.

screenshot1709_-_Copy.png?width=1127&hei

Due to the extensive use of HTP engines in CRE, I've created a dedicated HTP plume instead of reusing something similar. They are quite pale with a hint of orange red.

screenshot1713_-_Copy.png?width=884&heig

screenshot1716.png?width=547&height=799

screenshot1718_-_Copy.png?width=1301&hei

Of course Blue Streak will be getting kerolox plumes.

screenshot1689.png?width=1423&height=800

screenshot1693.png?width=1423&height=800

screenshot1694.png?width=1423&height=800

Solid kick stage with solid vac plume

screenshot1721.png?width=1423&height=800

30 minutes ago, Zorg said:

CRE will be getting extensive support with the upcoming update of RealPlume. Just a little preview of WIP stuff that can be accessed on the RealPlume development branch of github.

screenshot1709_-_Copy.png?width=1127&hei

Due to the extensive use of HTP engines in CRE, I've created a dedicated HTP plume instead of reusing something similar. They are quite pale with a hint of orange red

What can I say except stunning? :D

GitHub

https://github.com/Tantares/CRE

Landing skids, these kind of work, but also kind of don't. If you have any experience landing feedback that would be really helpful.

iTOHlj9.jpg
nnAYh5Q.jpg
hRPPoYl.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 3/26/2020 at 6:26 PM, Beale said:

We still need a third scheme for Blue Steel by the way.

I might need some ideas soon, or I'll do something silly...

Reveal hidden contents

TU0jwWC.jpg

Did you decide what the third scheme for Blue Steel would be? Because I really like this one and it would be a shame to lose it.

This whole mod looks amazing so far, I can't wait for an official release so I can incorporate it into my main game. :)

16 hours ago, CDSlice said:

Did you decide what the third scheme for Blue Steel would be? Because I really like this one and it would be a shame to lose it.

This whole mod looks amazing so far, I can't wait for an official release so I can incorporate it into my main game. :)

Something similar to that - maybe red instead of blue.

GitHub

More tweaks and fixes,  especially to the Blue Steel landing gear (You can now land with the skids effortlessly with some effort, but it's all on the pilot rather than buggy collision).

TU4EK3k.jpg

On 4/14/2020 at 6:40 PM, The Dressian Exploder said:

Ummmmm... You had to use the same texture for the solar panels? :huh: You're right, it's not noticeable

23 hours ago, Cdodders said:

You had to swap some solar panels for an antenna?

It's not noticable then, good :D

Blue Streak adapter tank New:

SWsQbM4.jpg

Old:

jgHuzA7.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 4/16/2020 at 9:00 PM, Beale said:

Alas, yep, you got it! It has ended up a little squashed to fit well in KSP's chunky fairings.

GitHub

Blue streak adapter tanks, a few tweaks here and there + ???

screenshot2640.png?width=1092&height=614

Hi, just tested what you are working on. I know you probably know about these but here's what needs to be fixed till release: currently the tech tree entries are messed up, 1.875m parts come at a point when only the 0.6 parts of the mod should be usable. generalRocketry would be far more suitable for them as well as basicRocketry for the 1.25m parts and the small SRBs. The mod is amazing otherwise and I really love it. Another thing to note is that skids on symmetry are flipped from eachother, visible when you switch to the 45 degree variants. CRE has become pretty much the best mod for early career playthroughs otherwise and I am really waiting for the next complete update. Also, could we have a nose cone drone core at the start of the tech tree? 

RZ.20

m26GiHQ.jpg

Hydrogen rocket engine! And a few hydrogen fuel tanks upcoming.

Q. How will Hydrogen work? Will I need CRP
A. No, but if you have CRP, that LH2 resource will be used instead. If you have installed [ Cryogenic Engines ], the functionality bundled in that will unlock additional tanks for use with Hydrogen.

(Just to put that in clear, this mod will still have no dependencies, but as life goes, the more mods the better).

Skids are lame, they're getting deleted

Spoiler

Skids are actually really cool, but unfortunately due to the interaction of the physics system they just don't work all too well. As much as wheels are *not* fun, they are the best option for now.

6O734tP.jpg
gbpPHQ4.jpg
nlJ5dz8.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.