Real Life "Kerbalisms"

Lisias

"And here we see a recently evolved branch of the venerable Toyota that has evolved for life in the higher latitudes. While lacking the size of its predecessor species, certain similarities are plainly visible. For one thing, if all else fails, it's capable of moving under recoil power."

21825551_original.jpg

6 hours ago, DDE said:

Now reactive armor is an thing, but it require an backing of armor who might be heavier than the radiation shielding and its blocks of TNT or similar who does not explode if rifle bullets while micrometeorites would be fun here :) Also as TNT is so hard to set off you can use blocks and an air gap to prevent an chain reaction. 

Also does electrical charge affect gamma rays? I know it can against charged particles but you could also just make an magnetic field around the ship. 
Graphene sounds nice for storing energy however, not something you want to use in an car but in an torpedo or an drone it would work well and you could use the energy source as an warhead then you hit the target. 

SubLieut Ian Warson, a Kerbal among Humans.

Not only landed a Harrier on a cargo ship and fell over a van (two strikes at the price of one!), but the container was holding the base for the Newton Telescope!  :D

(this dude peeled potatoes for some time...)

Edited by Lisias
tyops. as usulla.

On 12/9/2021 at 6:46 PM, SSTO Crasher said:

The N1 is the most kerbal rocket ever prove me wrong

Anything that includes “largest manmade non-nuclear explosion in history” in its description is the most Kerbalest rocket ever and no amount of MOAR BOOSTERS!!!1! can possibly compete.

Sticking 30+ engines on the first stage, with no gimbals and relying on differential throttle to steer, with seriously inadequate reliability (I’ve heard that the designers assumed they’d lose several engines per flight and planned for that) and dubious control systems, was only ever going to end badly; it’s just a shame that the only video of the event is a grainy shot in the middle of the night so you don’t really see the full extent of the gigantic explosion as several kilotons of rocket comes crashing back down onto the launchpad.

YAK-15.

Take a YAK-3, shove a Jet Engine in the place of the piston one, and call it a day - the first versions were known to melt the tail wheel 

Interesting enough, I had read this thing was a very easy jet to fly.

yakovlev_yak15_09-jpg.2157147

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-15

Edited by Lisias
Fixing an information

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

YAK-15.

Take a YAK-3, shove a Jet Engine in the place of the piston one, and call it a day - the first versions were known to melt the tail wheel 

Interesting enough, I had read this thing was a very easy jet to fly.

yakovlev_yak15_09-jpg.2157147

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-15

Can imagine, now I melted an nose wheel on an boat trailer as it came loose and made contact with the road on an highway, we relaized it then we saw the smoke from the rubber:)  As for easy to fly, it probably handled a lot like an piston engine plane so easy to move on to.