KSP Loading... A Renewed Galaxy and History and Parts Pack Gets a Release Date!

SQUAD

Just now, The Dunatian said:

Thankfully not. Also you should probably stop replying this might be considered spam.

It's not spam, it's a conversation.

Some more questions:

Why are you thankful for not playing The Witcher 3? It being one of the best games ever made.

Why is not buying DLC an achievement you should be proud of? It's like saying "I've never bought a mousemat for my mouse and I'm proud of it!"

Why feel the need to post it on a comment thread about the DLC?

There are those of us who feel it's "pay to win."

2 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

It's not spam, it's a conversation.

Some more questions:

Why are you thankful for not playing The Witcher 3? It being one of the best games ever made.

Why is not buying DLC an achievement you should be proud of? It's like saying "I've never bought a mousemat for my mouse and I'm proud of it!"

Why feel the need to post it on a comment thread about the DLC?

"pay to win."

It's way easier to just use mods that are balanced with stock but are still vastly more capable than the Expansion.
For all intends and purposes, It's just a paid official part mod/mission package

4 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Because KSP is a competitive online game where having the DLC makes it easier for you to beat other people and win.... what?! That makes no sense.

Edited by T1mo98

2 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

New galaxy cubemap?

YES!

Last of the Texture Replacer stuff that I basically use that mod for.

2 hours ago, EdwardB3020 said:

Clouds?

Please @SQUAD - so no more EVE install issues.  It's a great mod, but occasional issues with framerates.

34 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Nothing will make me buy a DLC.

Also Squad, I'd pay another $10NZ for a PC DLC that doesn't have the Mission Editor, but the keeps the vintage suits, parts and additional launchsites - just because the load time is silly for a function I don't want and don't use.

I agree with you The Dunation with other games.  But here with KSP the game cost so little (for when I bought it) and $10 every couple of years is such incredibly good value to keep initially Squad, and Take2 interested in improvements.  IMHO of course!

Peace.

39 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Win? Win what? Who are you playing against?

This is a single player game you're not winning anything you're having fun. If you want to have fun without the DLC that's fine, but there's no need to boast about it, some of us like having fun other ways

11 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Squad, I'd pay another $10NZ for a PC DLC that doesn't have the Mission Editor, but the keeps the vintage suits, parts and additional launchsites - just because the load time is silly for a function I don't want and don't use.

Just delete the DLL in the expansion directory.  You won't have the launch sites but you will have the parts

Edited by linuxgurugamer

How is KSP pay to win?

Learn the game and play it more, and you won't need to buy DLC or anything to go to places. You can do anything you want in the game, it's not restricted at all, and with mods, you can have countless ideas and make countless vehicles 

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

Appreciated, but I'd prefer not having so much junk in there that it needs scrolling. Once you get more than a half dozen or so things in there, it starts to get hard to find what you're looking for.

I fully agree, but there are some times when the PAW has to be that full

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I fully agree, but there are some times when the PAW has to be that full

Sure, but the other 99% of the time I don't need "aim camera", "electric charge", "transfer crew", "Autostrut", or the other things I personally never, ever use.

One bonus though of this conversation, I found an interesting mod that I'm excited to try.

2 hours ago, genbrien said:

and for 1.8, clouds and/or weather!

A man can dream. :sticktongue:

I'm reasonably excited for the new RCS features, scrolling PAW and the skybox (only due to being better and not dreadful anymore). The altimeter feature is very welcome too but as many should have said by now-- the UI placement really misses the mark. It should be more horizontal, not vertical. HUD mods can always move out of the way if it ever comes to that, but now you have more reason to move the navball (or the altimeter itself) aside and scale them down.