The Upcoming Movies (and Movie Trailers) MegaThread!

StrandedonEarth

14 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

It is revelatory, that "adrenochrome" caused no questions...

when google fu turned up zilch, i figured it was some form of newspeak. even the urban dictionary let me down on that one. all i got were references to a fictional drug. if were talking doping the children to make them easier to control (highschool in a nutshell), why not simply use that term instead of a word the entire internet has clearly blacklisted or which is not in common use. i swear english will be replaced with darmok speak, except with pop culture references. 

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

Well, at least we don't have to worry about that for the near future.

2023 SAG-AFTRA strike

Maybe if we're lucky they'll all get made redundant by AI.

you know if they just hire scabs they will probibly improve the quality of the movies and tv shows coming out. 

Edited by Nuke

3 hours ago, Nuke said:

when google fu turned up zilch, i figured it was some form of newspeak. even the urban dictionary let me down on that one. all i got were references to a fictional drug. if were talking doping the children to make them easier to control (highschool in a nutshell), why not simply use that term instead of a word the entire internet has clearly blacklisted or which is not in common use. i swear english will be replaced with darmok speak, except with pop culture references. 

No Not only, it's more related to the "chemtrail" topic, but this falls into politics much faster.

Edited by kerbiloid

thats odd, wikipedia was the first place i searched. maybe i spelled it wrong (makes my case for using common language). or maybe the censorship beast has really big tentacles. 

either way until i see evidence for this act, im gonna have to call it a conspiracy theory at worst and a metaphore at best. evil doesn't need to be that elaborate to be evil.

Edited by Nuke

On 7/17/2023 at 7:19 AM, Minmus Taster said:

Finally, something different! I'll be watching this for sure!

Yeah, saw that trailer when we went to Indiana Jones. Did look interesting, although it seemed like  basically the same genre as the Terminator franchise (AI takes over, has something against humans)

On 7/17/2023 at 4:19 PM, Minmus Taster said:

Finally, something different! I'll be watching this for sure!

Different? How old are you? :D

This has an interesting plot, but it's so poorly executed. I am sick of extremely loud films with Hollywood clichés. I just hope trailer is nothing like the real thing (as it usually is the case).

2 hours ago, DDE said:

"layered salad composed of diced pickled herring covered with layers of grated boiled eggs, vegetables (potatoes, carrots, beetroots), chopped onions, and mayonnaise. Some variations of this dish include a layer of fresh grated apple[3] while some do not."

There isn't the amount of apples in the world that would make me want to eat that. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

binged st:snw s2 over the last 2 days. thought the season was better than s1, minus a couple obvious instances of jumping the shark. its no picard s3 though.

Edited by Nuke

• 5 weeks later...

The Man from Nowhere

A lost cosmonaut, a Captain America-esque fake 1960s hospital, retrograde amnesia, supposed invented cosmonaut identity, et cetera et cetera. Looks like another mind-screw attempt, IDK, but it has spaaaaace.

Hex tiles on Vostok. The space is fake.

Too many lighted lights in the room and the corridor. Also, hanging too low, despite of sanitary rules. The hospital is fake, it's non-Soviet.

Camel without filter. The Baikonur is fake.

Toilet room with plastic basket, not sure if they were in 1960s. The urinals without handles, despite of the intact, just repaired other furniture. A fake toilet room.

A tram from 1930s, not sure if such ones were in 1960s. Possibly fake tram.

No duckface girls. A fake 2023.

Attention to details is very important to recognize the Matrix around you.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Alright, lets just try and forget this set out to be a realistic progression of a soviet moon landing timeline, this looks sick!

It’s crazy how the stars aligned. I bet that asteroid is either Psyche or a Psyche analog.

Because of the delays to the mission, Psyche (spacecraft) launched a day after the trailer dropped!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, an accurate representation a starship's backblast.

Granted, that's a very closed, Starship Troopers-grade formation for such ships, and they mess up the direction of the retroburn. The rest of the film sounds like utter garbage, some of which has been predicted long ago (pro-tip, don't kill off the main baddie).

Started the new For All Mankind season today, I enjoyed the first episode, I feel like the story has become somewhat stable again after jumping the shark in season 3.

Spoiler

And they've already killed Grigori, this season is gonna destroy me isn't it : (

Really liked the depiction of the asteroid, though I'm not sure how it didn't just disperse into debris the second they tried pushing it. Also, I've been reading some articles and Danny seems to be out of the picture for now (thank Jeb) though I do wonder what became of him and if there's a plotline involving figuring that out.

Edited by Minmus Taster

14 hours ago, Nuke said:

also noticed they canceled 1899. i guess it wasn't conformist enough. 

Wow. I didn’t realize this.

Even more depressing when I read in an article that the long lead times for such a truly artistic project were the reason for cancellation. It’s the age of instantaneous content and remakes.

This is some dystopian stuff man…

Edited by SunlitZelkova

15 hours ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Wow. I didn’t realize this.

Even more depressing when I read in an article that the long lead times for such a truly artistic project were the reason for cancellation. It’s the age of instantaneous content and remakes.

This is some dystopian stuff man…

Even though these are clearly dying themselves...

Edited by DDE

11 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Started the new For All Mankind season today, I enjoyed the first episode, I feel like the story has become somewhat stable again after jumping the shark in season 3.

Reveal hidden contents

And they've already killed Grigori, this season is gonna destroy me isn't it : (

Really liked the depiction of the asteroid, though I'm not sure how it didn't just disperse into debris the second they tried pushing it. Also, I've been reading some articles and Danny seems to be out of the picture for now (thank Jeb) though I do wonder what became of him and if there's a plotline involving figuring that out.

gonna wait till the end of the season. like i did with most shows this year. thus i can confine my disappointment to a couple days.

Edited by Nuke